Ford Capri Laser 2.1 1986 For Sale

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
firstcapri
Car(s): Ford Capri Laser 2.1 pinto (originally 1.6) (Daily Driver)

Ford Capri Laser 2.1 1986 For Sale

Post by firstcapri »

Where to begin,

It was love at first sight when I first saw my beloved Ford Capri I have owned her for the last seven years.

She started her life as a 1.6 Laser back in the mid 80's (1986)

A previous owner upgraded the engine to a 205 block pinto bored out to 2.1 with a fast road cam (changed on log book) and is running a 32/36 weber with manual choke fitted.

Since I have had her I have fitted a 4-2-1 manifold and peter llyod exhaust system (so she’s a bit louder than your average Capri but not daft).

One of the first things I did once I had purchased what could accurately be described as the second love of my life (the first being my wife in case she reads this), was to obtain the obligatory Haynes manuals and the Haynes improve and modify Capri book which was published in the early 90's. This book details a couple of rare items that I have managed to obtain and install on my beloved, namely the K&N alloy Capri top plate which can be seen in the engine bay picture and the centre console modification which can be seen in the interior photos.

In addition the Capri also has remote central locking(2 doors but not boot and central locking works from key fob only) and an Electric Aerial.

When I got her the paint was starting to fade and there was the typical rust spots however approx 3 years ago I had her resprayed and the rust fettled (same colour, Full car painted excluding the engine bay) during which I had a replacement bonnet, a new pattern drivers side wing and replacement bumpers front a back (excluding plastic end caps).

I also had her wax oiled at the same time as the respray,

She had new leaf springs fitted shortly after the respray.

The dash board has also been replaced as the original was very cracked however during the installation the replacement dash developed a crack in the usual place however its not as bad as most. Also whilst the dash was out I replaced the heater motor and it works on both speeds.

The car also has rear seat belts fitted so that I could safely ferry my nephews around.

The alloy wheels were refurbished about 2 years ago.

The car comes fully tested with no advisory s test due August 8thish 2016.

She has a Tilt and Slide sunroof, The tilt works perfectly the slide does work but needs encouragement and is very stiff so rarely gets used (in fact I didn’t workout how to make it slide until it had the respray).

Also she has the shark grey Recaro seats out of a 2.8 fitted drivers bolster is worn (ideally would need foam replacing to make perfect, but was like it when I got her and has never bothered me).

The rest of it has no rips or tears and is in good condition. (headlining has a few marks and imperfections but isn’t bad.

I have speakers and an amp fitted in the boot which probably isn’t to most peoples tastes however these will be removed prior to sale unless i get full asking price or buyer wants to pay extra for them. (there are speakers in the front which will be left in and work)

In addition I have a garage full of bit for the Capri including chrome rocker cover, full twin 40 setup on manifold with air filters (never fitted to car) and half and injection setup all off which will be available at a reasonable additional cost if the buyer wants any of it.

Now to the reason I am selling, well basically when I bought her she was my daily driver for the first 5 years however I needed a bigger boot space and subsequently bought an estate car. Slowly over time the lure of power steering and air conditioning won out and I found myself rarely driving my beloved. The long and short of which means that for the last two years the Capri has been stood for several months at a time. However always and without fail once the battery had been charged she always started straight up!

So more recently I have replaced the battery with a brand new one had her serviced and MOT'd and am using her everyday whilst I still can!

It will be a sad day when she leaves me but I have to much respect for the car to let her go to waste sat on my drive whilst pigeons crap on her.

Mileage is shown as approx 1600 however she has been round the clock once but bear in mind she has had a rebuilt engine fitted and the engine runs like a dream.

Now for the bad bits.

Bear in mind this is a 30 year old car that I am clearly infatuated with:

Rust showing through on passenger side door bottom corner (see photo).

Rear window washer (squirter) doesn’t work, wipers work fine.

Cracked dash (minor)

Passenger wing mirror (glass) deteriorating although i do have a replacement glass which will be sold with the car.

So to Summarise:

Recent Respray

Recent Refurbished Wheels

Better than average dash (crack wise)

2.1 205 block pinto engine (2.1 on logbook)

K&N Air filter with rare Capri Alloy top plate (see photos)

Customised centre console (rare)

Remote central locking (doors)

4-2-1 manifold and peter llyod exhaust system.

Recent replaced heater motor

Replaced radiator (maybe 5 years ago)

Alternator has been replaced in last 5 years as well

Brand new battery

Manual Choke (fitted shortly after I got her and winter hit)

Debaged, not intentionally just never got round to putting them back on after the respray.

The car is available for viewing evenings and weekends 5 minutes from the M1 Junction 31.

Any questions please send me a message I also have loads more photos that I can email.

The car is sold as seen with no warranty either given or implied.

This isn't a perfect car or a show class car and she’s far from original but she great, looks good, is a pleasure to drive and very reliable (probably the most reliable car I’ve owned).

Cash on Collection or Bank Transfer (funds to have cleared prior to the car being released).

This vechicle must be collected in person from Dinnington, Sheffield, collection only.

Price £3500 ono

firstcapri
Car(s): Ford Capri Laser 2.1 pinto (originally 1.6) (Daily Driver)

Re: Ford Capri Laser 2.1 1986 For Sale

Post by firstcapri »

even better heres a link to all the photos i took yesterday...

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing