Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
sheff
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Re: wanted Ford Capri £3000 budget

Post by sheff »

Thanks Andrew and Paul :D

And now we get a shot at it again http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-CAPRI-1- ... 927215416?
I'm surprised the reserve wasn't set at £5k, it's a lovely car but seriously £5100 is a realistic value for that car.

I'm going in at £5000 this time, seems any potential buyers are happy enough to put the switches right themselves :)

And whats that model Capri about stuck on the dash? Could it be hiding something :lol:

All the best
Neil
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

sheff wrote:And whats that model Capri about stuck on the dash? Could it be hiding something :lol:
Hi Neil,
I'm not sure about hiding something, although it probably is, but I see a lot of that at shows. I can't see the attraction myself. Put the model cars on a shelf in the study, where they belong!

I agree that £5000 to £5250 is about the worth of this car. I wonder what the seller thinks it's worth?

My high-bid estimate is the same as before, £5250.
Andrew.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

Any ideas on what the black plastic assembly is, on the NS inner wing near the expansion bottle (Which, incidentally, seems to be full of plain water)?

Personally, it`s had too many little modifications, suggestive of a meddler....
sheff
Donator
Donator

Post by sheff »

stevemarl wrote:Any ideas on what the black plastic assembly is, on the NS inner wing near the expansion bottle (Which, incidentally, seems to be full of plain water)?

Personally, it`s had too many little modifications, suggestive of a meddler....
Good spot Steve..... Could it be some type of engine management? I'm not familiar with this model, is the electrical connection to the carb standard? The car has had 11 previous owners, it would be hard to know what has been done to this car over the years :?

Like you say its been played with, I'd want it as near to standard as possible for top end money.

All the best
Neil
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

stevemarl wrote:Personally, it`s had too many little modifications, suggestive of a meddler....
Agreed, although the seller states that it's "totally original". I know that, as you say, they are only minor tweeks, but to me totally original means that not a single part of the car deviates from the standard specification. In my opinion, the seller should list these modifications in the description.

The car still looks like a very nice example, although I rather suspect that the seller believes that it's worth a lot more than the £5100 winning bid.

While I'm at it, what's the point of relisting it for sale so soon after the last auction ended? It's going to be the same people bidding on it that bid last time, and they won't think it's worth anymore than the last auction.
Preparing to have a healthy dose of egg on my face.............

All the best,
Andrew.
Tamworthbay
Car(s): Y reg 1.6L in imperial red, ex owner of 3.0s and 2.0 GL in gorgeous Tibetan gold

Post by Tamworthbay »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
stevemarl wrote:Personally, it`s had too many little modifications, suggestive of a meddler....
Agreed, although the seller states that it's "totally original". I know that, as you say, they are only minor tweeks, but to me totally original means that not a single part of the car deviates from the standard specification. In my opinion, the seller should list these modifications in the description.

The car still looks like a very nice example, although I rather suspect that the seller believes that it's worth a lot more than the £5100 winning bid.

While I'm at it, what's the point of relisting it for sale so soon after the last auction ended? It's going to be the same people bidding on it that bid last time, and they won't think it's worth anymore than the last auction.
Preparing to have a healthy dose of egg on my face.............

All the best,
Andrew.
I listed some stuff on eBay a couple of months back with collection only in bold all over it. The muppet who bid £12 then said he didn't realise it was collection only. I relisted it straight away and it made £42. Why? I have no idea but eBay is a funny place at times.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

sheff wrote: is the electrical connection to the carb standard?
I thought it was the VV carb & that would be the anti-run on solenoid, but it looks odd - is it even a VV?
I also notice the headlamp relay seems to have far less wires out the bottom than mine, and there seem to be a couple of relays just behind the mysterious black plastic thing. Maybe an alarm?
While nit-picking, if you look at the shot of the OS A post, doesn`t it look like overspray on the door seals?
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

stevemarl wrote:While nit-picking, if you look at the shot of the OS A post, doesn`t it look like overspray on the door seals?
Hi Steve,
Well spotted, but I think that it must be a reflection of the paint, as in the same photo there appears to be a lot of red around the forwardmost edge of the door card. I can't imagine the seller would leave that much overspray on display.
That's the way I see it.

All the best,
Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Tamworthbay wrote: eBay is a funny place at times.
Hi,
It is. That's what makes watching auctions of unusual items so fascinating. Nobody has any idea how it will end.

Andrew.
sheff
Donator
Donator

Post by sheff »

stevemarl wrote:
sheff wrote: is the electrical connection to the carb standard?
I thought it was the VV carb & that would be the anti-run on solenoid, but it looks odd - is it even a VV?
I also notice the headlamp relay seems to have far less wires out the bottom than mine, and there seem to be a couple of relays just behind the mysterious black plastic thing. Maybe an alarm?
While nit-picking, if you look at the shot of the OS A post, doesn`t it look like overspray on the door seals?
Its a Weber carb, looks like the choke is electronically controlled :?
sheff
Donator
Donator

Post by sheff »

It reached £4100 this time...... £1000 less than the last auction. I wonder if the sellers thinking they should have sold it at £5100 :oops:
martinrocz
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6ls

Post by martinrocz »

Hi... I have 1.6 Laser 1985.... brought a couple of years back for our son.... been neglected, but does have 12 month mot.. can provide pics and info... looking for about 2k....
sheff
Donator
Donator

Post by sheff »

The same car is on Gumtree for £6500 http://www.gumtree.com/p/ford/ford-capr ... 1124683520

A little pricey I would say :?
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

sheff wrote:A little pricey I would say :?
Hi Neil,
I would definitely agree with that. I would imagine that the seller's Ebay auction reserve price must be somewhere around that figure.

All the best,
Andrew.
The-basset-capri
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6 Calypso

Post by The-basset-capri »

Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
Your car looks nice, and good luck with the sale. However, and with the greatest respect, it's nearly £1000 over stevenmelboy's "very very top" budget.

All the best,
Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

sheff wrote:And now we get a shot at it again http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-CAPRI-1- ... 927215416?
Hi All,
I missed this.
It was only bid up to £4100 the second time around. A lot less than I thought.

Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

stevenmelboy wrote:Looking for a ford capri, would prefer 2L and above although not too fussed about engine size, as long as it has MOT and minimal issues. £3000 budget although it is my very very top limit, would prefer something a bit less than that.
Hi,
How about this?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1986-FORD-CAP ... 25aafff138

Andrew.
BARONESS
Car(s): FORD CAPRI 2.0 GL

Post by BARONESS »

stevenmelboy wrote:Looking for a ford capri, would prefer 2L and above although not too fussed about engine size, as long as it has MOT and minimal issues. £3000 budget although it is my very very top limit, would prefer something a bit less than that. This really is my dream car so don't mind waiting for the right one to come up.
Hi
Are you still looking?
Just put my 2.0GL up for sale at £3000 ono