My Old Capri

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

My Old Capri

Post by andyd »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-capri-3- ... 1c53d7ddd3

Was a lot cleaner when I had it also didn't have the Pepperpots!

At a local show May 2013 (But not my Pics)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/agonoid/8870783207/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/agonoid/8 ... otostream/
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: My Old Capri

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:Was a lot cleaner when I had it
You're not kidding!
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:Was a lot cleaner when I had it
You're not kidding!
Nice car shame it's not a Manual
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

I am really impressed with the framing and focus and style and skill of the seller's photography. Amazing. He should get a new job photographing other things he loves, he's obviously really talented. Not sure what camera he is using either but its clearly something top of the line.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hey Andy,
Did the current owner buy the car from you? Only I notice that it's being sold in St. Andrews. That's a long drive from Devon!

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Hi Andrew,
No he must have got it from the Dealer in Devon that I Part Ex with in September 2013??
It was up for £5995 with the Refurbed Ghia Wheels that the dealer put on it, and he took the RS 7 Spokes off and sold separately...

It was advertised on Ebay briefly last year by this seller I presume??

Andy
andyd

Post by andyd »

Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

Wow that brown interior...they didnt half have some "style" back in the 80's lol.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Arya2.0S wrote:Wow that brown interior...they didnt half have some "style" back in the 80's lol.
I remember Mens trousers and jackets in a similar colour :)

It is a nice car, although MOT ran out 3 days ago.....Personally I would have put a new one on it (Maybe he knows something we don't).
It does have a really good MOT History with little work required, from 2006 anyway.

In 2012 it had a new Alternator, Brake Master Cylinder, Coolant change, Stainless Janspeed Exhaust System and CCI Parcel Shelf.
Sweet Engine, no dents or dings but a few rust spots in usual areas, has filler in O/S/R Wheel Arch, and rear Valance was starting to to go.

Obviously it had some paint but to a good standard, may need taking back a doing again now.....Good project.

If anyone is interested I would recommend a viewing, as it was a nice example 4 years ago when I sold it.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Looks great in black, as most Capri's do. Think it would look really good with some polished 4 spoke RS wheels on it too. I know that's not original for a Ghia but neither is that rear spoiler & that wouldn't bother me. Make a great car for someone, hope an enthusiast snaps it up & enjoys it, be good to see what money it brings as they are pretty rare.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Great looking car but pity it hasn't got the black interior. The brown goes really well with oyster or solar gold or with venetian red but not so good with the black IMHO.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Caprifan Rob wrote:Looks great in black, as most Capri's do. Think it would look really good with some polished 4 spoke RS wheels on it too. I know that's not original for a Ghia but neither is that rear spoiler & that wouldn't bother me. Make a great car for someone, hope an enthusiast snaps it up & enjoys it, be good to see what money it brings as they are pretty rare.
Hi Rob,
Never been a fan of these Ghia/S style wheels...... As with all Capri's, the spoiler finishes it off imo.
It often got mistaken for a 2.8 from the front, by those who don't know the models that well :lol:

Needs sorting properly now and get it all good :)
andyd

Post by andyd »

Paul G wrote:Great looking car but pity it hasn't got the black interior. The brown goes really well with oyster or solar gold or with venetian red but not so good with the black IMHO.
:agree: But it's better than the blue Ghia trim :shock:
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

andyd wrote:
Paul G wrote:Great looking car but pity it hasn't got the black interior. The brown goes really well with oyster or solar gold or with venetian red but not so good with the black IMHO.
Or the green or red!
rich123
Car(s): triumph stag

Post by rich123 »

HI JUST JOINED THE FORUM WAS LOOKING AT BIDDING ON THIS CAR WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ITS WORTH THEN
IVE TALKED WITH HIM SAID IT NEEDS REAR WINGS AND INNER SILLS
RICH
andyd

Post by andyd »

rich123 wrote:HI JUST JOINED THE FORUM WAS LOOKING AT BIDDING ON THIS CAR WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ITS WORTH THEN
IVE TALKED WITH HIM SAID IT NEEDS REAR WINGS AND INNER SILLS
RICH
Hard to tell. Could be a 'can of worms' once you start :?

As I said you may be better off with the unfinished Gold 3.0 Ghia in the other thread......

ATB

Andy
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Paul G wrote:
andyd wrote:
Or the green or red!
A guy I was in college with had a silver mk3 ghia with red interior, but I've never seen a green interior. A google search just throws up Delboys Capri Ghia :)
The search is on now, I'm guessing it's a mk2 colour :?:
Paul G

Post by Paul G »

Here's one with a beige exterior and green interior. I had a green Cortina Ghia with green interior and when I sold it the buyer travelled over 100 miles as he was specifically looking for one. Strange bloke.

Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Paul G wrote:Here's one with a beige exterior and green interior.
Thanks Paul, I've never seen that interior in a Capri before. It's amazing it wasn't more popular as it looks so good. :sarcasmalert: :D

My parents had a buttoned draylon 3 piece suite that colour when I was a kid, designers must have been on plenty of this :cigar: in the '70s..
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

That yellow Capri's green interior is eye-catching!
I've never seen that colour combo before, and hopefully never will again with a bit of luck..... :)

Andrew.