Wanted, 2.8i or 3.o

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
andy a
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '69 Mk1 Capri 1300 Daily (now gone to a new owner)

73 Facelift 2000 GT long term project...

Wanted, 2.8i or 3.o

Post by andy a »

Hi all, been a while, I was looking for a Mk3 (Mk2 facelift if Terracota is reading this :D ) last year, had a bit happen healthwise which knocked me off my feet for a while, but I'm back, and still looking.

Looking for a nice standard (ish) 2.8 Special, or maybe a 3.0s, prefer Nimbus Grey, white or blue over silver, but will look at anything, if anyone has a nice 3.0s in orange at less than telephone numbers I'm more than interested (yeah, I know).

Decent budgetfor the right car, prefer East Anglia but will travel, so, 6 cylinder cars, what have you got?

Also still looking for Mk1 facelift front seats in black an offside front wing for the same, must be genuine and mint, if anyone knows of anything shoot me a pm,

Cheers,

Andy
andy a
Donator
Donator

Re: Wanted, 2.8i or 3.o

Post by andy a »

Anybody, anything?
andy a
Donator
Donator

Post by andy a »

Money waiting ;)
malcolmrs2000

Post by malcolmrs2000 »

Andy..check my advert for a red 2.8 or if you have telephone number money you could always try to buy my white 3.0s!!!
andy a
Donator
Donator

Post by andy a »

Hi,

I had a look at the ad for the 2.8i already, Falkirks about 400 miles away from me, and I have to take things abit easy at the moment, so it's too far for me to travel sadly, or I'd be having a look.

I have telephone number money to spend, depends how many 0's you want to start the number with lol.

In all seriousness drop me a pm with what you have and what you are after, if it's over budget the worst I can do is say no,

Andy
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

This one on Car and Classic http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C587563
andy a
Donator
Donator

Post by andy a »

Thanks for that Andy, I've been in contact with the seller this morning, someone is viewing this afternoon but if he doesn't have it then the seller has said he'll phone me back and arrange a viewing.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Very nice! Great colour. Good luck.
andyd

Post by andyd »

andy a wrote:Thanks for that Andy, I've been in contact with the seller this morning, someone is viewing this afternoon but if he doesn't have it then the seller has said he'll phone me back and arrange a viewing.
Keep us informed :)
andy a
Donator
Donator

Post by andy a »

I haven't heard back from the seller, so still looking...
andyd

Post by andyd »

andy a wrote:I haven't heard back from the seller, so still looking...
It's still advertised and it says he works odd shifts and may take a while to reply......
andy a
Donator
Donator

Post by andy a »

Hi Andy, just keeping up the search, the seller was going to ring me back on Tuesday evening to say whether he still had it or not, and hasn't yet, so until I hear back I'll presume he hasn't, you never know, that mint 1 owner 3.0s or 2.8 special may come up for £2.50, then again it may not :lol:

I've got an X pack 3.0 to go and view, but it's quite a distance away from me and making arrangements to get to have a look are causing problems (I currently have to rely on getting a lift long distance as I'm awaiting an operation, so can only drive locally), and it's in bits, the plan to get a 6 cylinder car to use for a few local shows and weekend use while I'm collecting parts for the Mk1 (only 6 years so far lol ), and I kind of promised my son I'd have the Mk1 done for his prom, which is in June, but things got in the way a bit, and I haven't even started it due to the availability of parts, so I can't see it being done any time soon tbh.

Andy
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andy a wrote:the seller was going to ring me back on Tuesday evening to say whether he still had it or not, and hasn't yet,
Hi Andy,
I just don't understand some people. The car is still advertised, so presumably it's still for sale, yet the seller hasn't called you back.
Wouldn't it make sense for the seller to follow up every single lead to increase their chances of a successful sale?
Frustrating for you, I'm sure, as it would be a shame to miss out on what looks like a very nice car.
Good luck with the search,
Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

As you say Andrew if you have something someone may want it makes sense to reply,
I would be Pestering him as it looks like a nice one.

Unless he doesn't really want to sell......
pbar

Post by pbar »

You never know what happens though when someone goes 'quiet'. May have a family matter, might be ill, lost your number, could also just not be bothered but it's not always right to assume that. I'd keep pestering to be honest, it's better than potentially missing out.
MS Injection
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Ford Capri 2.8 Injection Special

Post by MS Injection »

pbar

Post by pbar »

That's a good find Mike, and a realistic price, which you rarely seem to see at the moment.
andy a
Donator
Donator

Post by andy a »

The seller phoned me back yesterday and asked if I still wanted to see it, a bit of prodding later and he had a sale but it fell through, so weather permitting I'm going to have a look tomorrow (I'm not into viewing old Fords in the rain, although when I was younger that was always a good time to sell them :lol: ).

Very good find Mike, but a bit far for me to travel at the moment, if not I'd be going to look at that first TBH at half the asking price of the other one.

Capri prices are all over the place at the moment, but the asking price is always just that, when you point to the example I posted in the top section of the board about the lowish mileage 2.8 special that went through Kings Lynn classic auction for £8800 including the buyers and sellers premiums plus VAT the seller ended up with just over £6500 in his pocket, and that's with some pretty heavy duty buyers in the room, since then it's been through at least 2 dealers and been marked up to £15k, but to my knowledge hasn't sold yet, so I think the vast majority of cars that are advertised are being done so with sellers asking what they think the market will stand, but the fact that they're still for sale means that the buyers aren't in general interested at those prices, and market price is being artificially driven, I suspect that more examples are being sold for sensible money by word of mouth rather than by feeding Ebays pockets.

Having driven a BMW E30 325 today (sadly not for sale), I can honestly say that despite me always having had a Capri in the garage if I don't find the right car soon at sensible money I'll just walk away from "the scene" and buy a nice E30, cheaper to buy, parts are sensible money, and resale values are I think set to rise, similarly the Mk1 is even in danger as we speak, greedy parts sellers who call themselves "enthusiasts" out to make a nice tax free living are trying to drive up prices, good luck to them, as much as I love my Capri's I know what I can sell the Mk1 for, and my stockpile of parts for, and what that money would buy outside of a "scene" driven by greedy unregistered traders, it's getting to the point where people are being priced out, luckily I'm in a position not to be, but I know when it's time to walk away and find something which represents better value, and that time is getting very near.

Saturday night rant over :swear:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Hope the viewing goes well and it's what you want :) It seems well priced if as described....

It's a real shame Dealers hiking the prices and the cars sit there for months on end.
My car had over £2k put on it from what he paid for it but I was able to afford it with my p/ex's.

My mate has a E36 M3, Christ that's quick a definite License Loser also a E36 328i Track Car and a 325i Pick Up
and a Capri of course :lol:
Last edited by andyd on Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
What a bleak vision for future Capri ownership andy a has painted there! I can see exactly what he means. I can't believe how the asking prices for parts and especially cars has shot through the roof in the few years that I've owned mine. I won't bother listing examples of asking prices for cars as we've all seen them advertised for sale. It's been said before, but now cars coming onto the market seem to be priced at the level of those cars, and not at a price level that to most eyes appears reasonable. I'm just pleased that I bought mine when I did, because these days a decent(ish) car would be probably be beyond what I would be willing to spend.
Anyway, good news that the lacquer red car is still available. I really think, judging by the photos at least, that it's the most reasonably priced decent 2.8 for sale at the moment. I hope that the weather is on your side today, please keep us updated with the result of the viewing.
All the best,
Andrew.