SOLD Capri 1.6/2.0 Project with parts, Black leather Recaros

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
devils-touch
Car(s): Silver 2.0 Laser with Motorsport Body kit (Sold)
Black 1.6/2.0 Laser project with extras

SOLD Capri 1.6/2.0 Project with parts, Black leather Recaros

Post by devils-touch »

I bought this Capri from the dreaded Ebay as I had saved £1500 and thought it was time for a new Capri in my life.
It was advertised as a 1.6 laser with long MOT and tax until the end on Feb, it was being used daily and had just had the engine out to paint the engine bay and all welding had been done to get it through the MOT and completely under sealed to protect. Complete with full black leather Recaro interior and new carpet. Only bad point was the headlights didn't work but a relay would be supplied. (it wasn't).

Great I thought, probably needs a little fettling and a few more £ spending to get a decent daily driver. WRONG

As the car was in Edinburgh I had it collected (another £250) and delivered.

What I received was a nice looking shiny Black Ford Capri that wouldn't run, had no brakes and a box of bits in the boot, oh and some paint imperfections.

I was glad to find it was actually a 2.0 engine under the hood even though its a 1.6 on the log (needs updating with DVLA) sadly it had been installed by a blind man so I have stripped of all the ancillary items and put it back together with all the brackets in the right place and all hoses in the right place and it now runs really well and kicks out a lot of power, it now has brakes as the vac pipes were on the wrong connections.

So I finally had the running, driving Capri I wanted, I then looked at why the car wouldn't handle great (I know Capris are fun but this was bad)
The multi leafs on the back have separated and sagged and the nsr shock mount on the axle has been welded, the front anti roll bar mount is corroded and bushes are perished.

I managed to get hold of Graham in the Wirral to buy a set of single leaf springs, front anti roll mounts, 7 spoke wheels, and a few other bits. I also bought a wheel bearing kit for the nsf as its a little loose and some new headlights, u-bolts, head light relay etc ready to get this car going.

I put it into my mother in laws garage ready to do the work and I have yet to start so here is what you get.

Ford Capri 2.0 (1.6 on log)
Runs and drives
Taxed and MOT'd end of Feb
Black leather Recaro interior (Possibly Brookland) in very good condition with no tears or rips etc
New black carpet and black leather door cards
Carbon dash panel cover (needs re gluing) looks ok
CD player
Sport steering wheel
Private Reg: A10OCS

Parts supplied:
Single leaf springs, new u-bolt set, new wheel bearing, anti roll bar brackets, replacement headlights and relay and a box of bits

This car in my opinion would need the whole rear suspension stripping out, wire brushing, painting and rebuilding with pollys as its all rusty hence I've been putting the job of, then a day refitting the interior so its all clipped in correctly and a lot of TLC. This is not a weekends work but will make a really nice car.

The car is located in Tarleton (between Southport and Preston) and would ask anyone interested to come and have a look, I have several pics to show what its like now so you get a rough idea of what I'm offering. I'm hoping to get £1750 or a good offer.

Please email me at [email protected] I have access every day to emails but can only log in every few days to the site so email for quick response.

Thanks for listening to my moaning, I am now saving again so I hope by summer I can spend £3000 on a car with less work to play with so anyone local looking to sell this year keep me in mind.

Colin