WANTED Any Ford Capri, £1500ish

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
DrewBean
Car(s): Used to have a Mini clubman 998, but now after a lovely Capri!

WANTED Any Ford Capri, £1500ish

Post by DrewBean »

Hey all,

I've been on the hunt for a capri for a while now but always seem to just miss out! My budget is roughly £1500 but I can stretch to a bit more :)

Preferably with an MOT and running, I'm asking a lot but as a student it's hard to have a love of classic cars and no money :lol: Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Drew
MS Injection
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Ford Capri 2.8 Injection Special

Re: WANTED Any Ford Capri, £1500ish

Post by MS Injection »

Hi there,

Welcome.

There are a few sources to look at. I would say regularly check www.carandclassic.co.uk, e-bay (though watch out for sharks), pistonheads etc. Also have a look at the buyers' guide on the main laserpage site. It covers the main problems you tend to see with Capris and helps you know what to look for when viewing a car for sale.

A quick search shows:

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C574074

Good luck with the search.

Mike
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Drew,
Welcome to the forum, you'll find all the information and advice you could ever need here.
May I congratulate you on your excellent taste in cars, and good luck with your search for a Capri.
All the best,
Andrew.
DrewBean

Post by DrewBean »

Thanks for the replies!

Thanks Mike, I shall be keeping a keen eye on that website then, hopefully something shall come up! Looking at that car it is good, but unfortunately too far away unfortunately! :(

Thank you for the welcome Andrew! I do miss my old mini, but have just been looking at Capri's for so long now that I'm willing to wait it out until the right one comes by :lol:
MS Injection
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Ford Capri 2.8 Injection Special

Post by MS Injection »

DrewBean wrote:Looking at that car it is good, but unfortunately too far away unfortunately.....have just been looking at Capri's for so long now that I'm willing to wait it out until the right one comes along
Distance is a problem Drew. I was lucky to find my car just over an hour away at the right price for the work I knew it needed. Capris are not plentiful for sale once you exclude the best and worst though, so travel can be hard to avoid. But as you've been looking for a long time, it sounds like you have the patience to wait!

That's a good approach though. Take your time and try to let head keep heart in check! The advice I was given was don't rush it, know your budget (i.e. to include restorative work), know common problems/faults, inspect carefully and buy the best you can afford. The members cars and restoration sections will give some idea of what can be involved.

Best of luck, keep us informed.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

In addition to the above, it is always worth keeping an eye out (and/or asking) at your local general car dealer/seller. They do crop up from time to time at those, one close to me who sells all makes had a nice white Laser which I had a drive of prior to buying mine.
DrewBean

Post by DrewBean »

UPDATE:
I am willing to pay up to £2000, but ideally roadworthy with MOT or close enough that I could get one with minimal work :)

I live in Farnham, but at university in coventry, so cars near either of those would be fine as I have friends that can travel with me to look at!

Any help appreciated!
Ghia15
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1981 3.0 Ghia (Restoration Project), 1982 2.0's (Long term project), 1993 BMW E34 520i, 1999 Volvo V70 (Sold to the Parents)

Post by Ghia15 »

What you studying at Coventry?

Was a couple of capris in the engineering dept when I was there.

Good luck with finding one but be careful not yo get burnt.
DrewBean

Post by DrewBean »

I'm studying Motorsports Engineering :)

There's none atm :( But we have a Harrier Jump Jet, Lotus Elise, 2 Formula Student cars, old DB9 front end and a Lotus 7 :) Still pretty cool to be honest haha!
Ghia15
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1981 3.0 Ghia (Restoration Project), 1982 2.0's (Long term project), 1993 BMW E34 520i, 1999 Volvo V70 (Sold to the Parents)

Post by Ghia15 »

Glad they still got the harrier.

Have they still got the 2012 formula student gpz powered car? Built part of that in my final year. Lol.

You enjoying the course? What year are you in?

All the best with the search for the cappa.
colinsw1
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 S
3.0 Ghia
Mk1 1.6 GT
All being restored

Post by colinsw1 »

Ghia15 wrote:Glad they still got the harrier.

Have they still got the 2012 formula student gpz powered car? Built part of that in my final year. Lol.

You enjoying the course? What year are you in?

All the best with the search for the cappa.
Hello. Did you find a car? I have a low miles low ownership 1.6LX which might fit the bill. Good and not so good points. Superb chassis, no rust to A-posts. Super engine, transmission. Wonderful interior apart from cracked dash. Will have full mot. No dents. Can be used and enjoyed as is but will, eventually, need a bit of bodywork. Driver's wing and door have been previously repaired and painted. They look fine but will require attention at future date. Ghia alloys, new exhaust and battery. Weber carb. Less than £2000 but only just. Thanks. Colin.
Olliexpack23
Car(s): Ford Focus Ford Fiesta ford anglia ford Capri 2.1 lazer

Post by Olliexpack23 »

Hi I'd be interested in that got any picks?
colinsw1
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 S
3.0 Ghia
Mk1 1.6 GT
All being restored

Post by colinsw1 »

Olliexpack23 wrote:Hi I'd be interested in that got any picks?
Hello
I'll take some photographs of the car on Tuesday after the hols. I'm useless at technology but know how to send images by email. If you send me an email address I'll do that for you. I'm on 07799693555. Thanks. Colin