ford capri 2.8

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
Aaron
Car(s): daily drive ford capri 2.8 project jensen interceptor 7.2

ford capri 2.8

Post by Aaron »

ford capri 2.8i 1983 5 SPEED A REG caspian blue and strato silver mot till may next year LOADS of spare parts to go with have had the car for 5 years lots of history with car etc lot of money spend and can prove dont really want to sell but another project means it has it go £3750 ono i can send you pictures by email thanks
Lez1962
Car(s): Currently driving vw touareg but Drive a Capri 3.0 ghia

Re: ford capri 2.8

Post by Lez1962 »

Hello,
Any pics and whet snouts are you?
Les.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Lez1962 wrote: Any pics and whet snouts are you?
I detect a message that has been typed on a smartphone! :lol:

Personally, I think caspian blue over strato silver is one of the very best colour combinations for a 2.8.
Good luck with the sale.
Andrew.
mike29cars
Car(s): Ford Capri, mk2 1.6 gl, ex show car with trophies, loads of history,3 prev owners, long mot,taxed,thousands spent, runs and drives very well, only selling due to change in circumstances, must be seen, tel 07737400953, im looking for around 2200

Post by mike29cars »

Have you a contact number and were abouts are you
Lez1962

Post by Lez1962 »

Hello,
Yes Andrew it was typed on my iPhone, you don't miss much do you.
It should've read where abouts are you and any pics. Thanks for picking me up on that lol.
Les.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Lez1962 wrote: Thanks for picking me up on that lol.
Les,
I'm not picking you up on it, just messing around. I'm always doing that myself when I type posts on my phone. I have to spend ages editing them all when I can get to a PC!
All the best,
Andrew.
Lez1962

Post by Lez1962 »

Hello,
I know you not picking on me Andrew, like I said you just don't miss much lol.
I'm still looking for a bloody capri though, they seem to be very thin on the ground at the moment maybe the are all hibernating. I like the pics of yours it's so clean. By the way have you tried the clay bar yet?
Les.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Lez1962 wrote: By the way have you tried the clay bar yet?
Hi Les,
Sort of......I bought an Autoglym clay bar which comes in a set with the detailing spray and a microfibre cloth. The Autoglym cloths are really useful because they seem to be a lot softer than the ones I've bought from other places. I must admit I lost patience with the clay after a while because I was rolling it around and working it over the paintwork as it describes in the instructions, and not much seemed to happening! I was a bit disappointed because you said some ago that it leaves the paintwork like glass after a polish and wax, and that's what I want!
I'm using Autoglym super resin polish and finishing off with high definition wax. Is there anything else that you recommend, or are they OK?
I'll definitely give the clay bar another go in the spring before the start of the show season.
Andrew.
Lez1962

Post by Lez1962 »

Hi Andrew,
I don't think you're doing anything wrong, all I can say is when I tried it on my Audi I could see the dirt lifting and could physically feel how smooth my car was. All I can think of is your car is really super clean or it's got so much wax polish on it that you can't feel the difference.
Les.
Lez1962

Post by Lez1962 »

Hi Andrew
Just thought I'd mention this but you are using in my opinion the best polish etc as that was the polish of choice I used when I used to valet high end cars such as rolls royce, Aston Martin and Porsche also if I was lucky I got to clean the salesmans capri 2.8i oh and it was in Paris blue over silver.
Les.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Lez1962 wrote:Just thought I'd mention this but you are using in my opinion the best polish etc as that was the polish of choice.
Hi Les,
Thanks for that! I've used Autoglym for years and have been really happy with the results. I've tried other brands, but have always returned to the best.
Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Lez1962 wrote:All I can think of is your car is really super clean or it's got so much wax polish on it that you can't feel the difference.
That sounds about right! I'll try the clay bar on my Toyota later on today, and see if I can get any results on that.
Andrew.
Aaron
Car(s): daily drive ford capri 2.8 project jensen interceptor 7.2

Post by Aaron »

this is my number if anyone wants any more info thanks 07824154383 and i have pm everyone that is interested