Does anyone want this F$¥€ing Capri I'm selling.

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
Terra-Kotta
Car(s): Pinto/crossflow guru.

Does anyone want this F$¥€ing Capri I'm selling.

Post by Terra-Kotta »

I'm sick of the sight of it.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Does anyone want this F$¥€ing Capri I'm selling.

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

I love your sales technique!! ;)

Andrew.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

peers.dupp wrote:I love your sales technique!! ;)
It's brilliant, everyone should follow suit.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

pbar wrote:It's brilliant, everyone should follow suit.
I agree that is makes a refreshing change to encounter some honesty in used car sales. However I'm not too sure that it will achieve the objective of actually selling the car.

Good luck with the sale.
Andrew.

Disclaimer: The comment above is intended to be a whimsical observation about the used car market in general and should not be taken as an indication of the honesty or otherwise of any particular seller.
Last edited by Andrew 2.8i on Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Terra-Kotta

Post by Terra-Kotta »

Just want the fucking thing gone tbh

If not il sell the trim and it can go in under 1600cc class at Essex.
Tamworthbay
Car(s): Y reg 1.6L in imperial red, ex owner of 3.0s and 2.0 GL in gorgeous Tibetan gold

Post by Tamworthbay »

Is this the Laser still? I thought it had sold.
Terra-Kotta

Post by Terra-Kotta »

I just want it out the way.
MS Injection
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Ford Capri 2.8 Injection Special

Post by MS Injection »

Maybe just break it Glyn? You said you might earlier.
Terra-Kotta

Post by Terra-Kotta »

It's just not worth breaking.

I'd rather shot as a whole.
340truck
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Rat - GONE
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE
Only 2 Zetec SE Fezzas left now, 1.6 ghia gone. Mk 1 Focus replaces, sticking with 1.6 Zetec SE

Post by 340truck »

£250?
BSKPLoft100
Car(s): Ford Mk2 Capri 1974: restoration
Riley RME 1 1/2 ltr 1955: 99% finished MOTed

Post by BSKPLoft100 »

Peers.dup
I find your remarks in rather poor taste, I believe most people selling, give genuine sales pitch, whats the point of lying, if someone comes from distance to view a wrongly advertised car, they may want reimbursement in time and cost, and if he happens to be Mike Tysons nephew you could be in trouble
:nopity:
My Capri is still for sale, so messages like that could put people off. Constructive posts are to be welcomed but unless people know the facts, keep stoom, I have phone calls telling me my car is over priced, after reading on this forum by someone who has not seen the car, how the bloody hell would he know what condition the car is in
:banghead: :banghead:

Fumming
Brian
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Brian,

I am sorry if you find my remarks in poor taste, that is not what I've set out to achieve with my comments at all. I've always endeavoured to be honest, courteous and respectful in my interactions with other forum users. I'd be disappointed if I haven't achieved that.

My statements are non-specific and do not refer to any particular car. I have never commented on a car sales thread that a specific car is over priced, that's certainly not for me to decide. In addition, my comment in the post above is intended to be humorous and should not be taken seriously.
BSKPLoft100 wrote:I believe most people selling, give genuine sales pitch, whats the point of lying
It's not a case of sellers deliberately lying, it's more that it's difficult to see fault in our own cars. It takes someone impartial to point out the flaws. I'm sure that I'm not the only person to have viewed a car that has been described as "immaculate" "pristine" "showroom condition" and all the other superlatives used in adverts, only to discover on viewing that the car is anything but.
BSKPLoft100 wrote:I have phone calls telling me my car is over priced, after reading on this forum by someone who has not seen the car
That cannot be as a result of any of my comments on this forum, and having re-read my comments on your car, I believe that they fulfil my aims to treat others with the respect they deserve.

However, in light of your comments I have decided to take heed of your advice and cease commenting, with immediate effect, on cars for sale, other than to compliment the condition where necessary.

Good luck with the sale of your car.

Andrew.
Last edited by Andrew 2.8i on Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Terra-Kotta

Post by Terra-Kotta »

BSKPLoft100 wrote:Peers.dup
I find your remarks in rather poor taste, I believe most people selling, give genuine sales pitch, whats the point of lying, if someone comes from distance to view a wrongly advertised car, they may want reimbursement in time and cost, and if he happens to be Mike Tysons nephew you could be in trouble
:nopity:
My Capri is still for sale, so messages like that could put people off. Constructive posts are to be welcomed but unless people know the facts, keep stoom, I have phone calls telling me my car is over priced, after reading on this forum by someone who has not seen the car, how the bloody hell would he know what condition the car is in

Fumming
Brian
I think peers.dups post is very valid.
Terra-Kotta

Post by Terra-Kotta »

340truck wrote:£250?
That's a fair offer Dave but I need to claw back as much as I can. I've never lost money on a Capri yet but this one could change all that.

I think it's worth a little more though. Sorry.
pbar

Post by pbar »

peers.dupp wrote:
pbar wrote:It's brilliant, everyone should follow suit.
I agree that is makes a refreshing change to encounter some honesty in used car sales. However I'm not too sure that it will achieve the objective of actually selling the car.
You're most likely right. However, personally if I was on the lookout to buy a Capri and there were several together, then an honest comment such as that would make me head for that one first for sure.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

pbar wrote: However, personally if I was on the lookout to buy a Capri and there were several together, then an honest comment such as that would make me head for that one first for sure.
In my opinion you are correct. I once had an item listed on Ebay- it was a long time ago and I can't remember what it was- and in the listing I described the condition as "a steaming pile of doggy doo" (I remember that bit!). Funny thing was, the final sale price of the auction was far in excess of a lot of similar items described as being in good condition!

Potential buyers do appreciate honest descriptions that stand out from the crowd.

Andrew.
pbar

Post by pbar »

peers.dupp wrote:
Potential buyers do appreciate honest descriptions that stand out from the crowd.
Very true I think. As I've said before on here, I get very tired of seeing the flying through the MOT, all mechanics say how good it is, drives like a dream, no one can believe it's an old car, etc. comments. The most interesting bits, and the important bits, are the bad bits!
Terra-Kotta

Post by Terra-Kotta »

Il throw in the catastrophic fail sheet for piece of mind that you really are buying a proper shed!

This car does need extensive welding to front inner sills and A panels. Rear sills and offside rear floor. Near side front chassis leg. Offside and nearside rear inner sills, seat belt anchors . Near side rear spring hanger corroded.

Needs front wheel bearings. Steering rack and brake imbalance needs attention.

Good project for someone with plenty of times and shares in boc welding gas and nothing better to do with their lives.
BSKPLoft100
Car(s): Ford Mk2 Capri 1974: restoration
Riley RME 1 1/2 ltr 1955: 99% finished MOTed

Post by BSKPLoft100 »

do some of you people realize what you are saying? you would sooner look at a pile of crap,
than a car posted as very nice condition, you are what genuine classic car enthusiast call tyre kickers. After cheap rubbish, then finding it is to far gone, to do anything to it.
I have bought a number of cars in my time, so I speak as someone who knows, that, I have never bought a pup, and never looked at something advertised as a rust heap.
There seems to me that unfortunately there are a lot of boy racers on this forum. So to recupe,don't give out negative thoughts, A 1976 car for example can be worth £100 up to £!0,000 plus, unless you have seen it, what gives you the right to put a price on it.
Sleep tight members

stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

BSKPLoft100 wrote: After cheap rubbish, then finding it is to far gone, to do anything to it.
I understand why you find it so frustrating, but it IS mostly tongue in cheek, there really isn`t a queue to buy this vehicle.
I`m surprised you`ve not sold yours yet, If I didn`t have a car, I would seriously look at yours, it`s a lovely example. But that`s the problem - everyone on here already has a Capri, (hence nobodies buying Glynn`s or indeed yours) Ironically, this may NOT be the best place to sell your car, for that very reason.
Good luck with it anyway!
Steve