Ford Capri 2.0S 1984 B Reg 1800 Miles!!

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Ford Capri 2.0S 1984 B Reg 1800 Miles!!

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi All,
Found another photo of the car on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/35897966420303 ... =3&theater
elliecharlie2008
Donator
Donator
Car(s): many many capris

Post by elliecharlie2008 »

is it me or is that 189 miles not 1800 miles on the counter?
the last one closest to the drivers door the is the little counter thing if it was 1800 wouldn't the 0 be a 1
steve
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Steve,
Is there a 1/10th counter on the mileometer? I thought there was just one on the tripcounter, I'll have to double check on mine later.
The mileage looks like 1894 to me, although the numbers don't look to be very well aligned.....

Andrew.
elliecharlie2008
Donator
Donator

I carnt remember if honest andrew lol I think it is 1800 but as you say there not well lined im waiting for some more pictures to come up you would of thought at that mileage it would have the grand prix tyres unless they have been changed for the mot you carnt really see much
steve
elliecharlie2008
Donator
Donator

I carnt remember if honest andrew lol I think it is 1800 but as you say there not well lined im waiting for some more pictures to come up you would of thought at that mileage it would have the grand prix tyres unless they have been changed for the mot you carnt really see much
steve
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Is there a 1/10th counter on the mileometer?
No, there isn`t, only on the trip mileage. I didn`t think the numbers looked too well aligned either.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Now for sale on Ebay as well.
There's still not much of a description provided.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Capri-2- ... 35e96723b3

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Now for sale on Ebay as well.
There's still not much of a description provided.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Capri-2- ... 35e96723b3

Andrew.
It was on :ebay: Yesterday but I couldn't see any point putting the link up :?

2 lousy pictures for £20k :banghead: I would want 20 plus pics and a full detailed description.

Dealers = licence to print money :x
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:2 lousy pictures for £20k :banghead: I would want 20 plus pics and a full detailed description.
Andy,
I totally agree. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if a seller wants to sell a classic car at the very top of it's value they really need to put some effort into the advertising, photos and descriptions. KGF and Dr.B know how to do it properly.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

I hope this dealer gave whoever he got it from over £15k for it... if not that's a major :spank:
unless they are selling on behalf of and on a Commission.

Prefer this personally at similar price?? http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/ ... -s/4055030
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

I think the best way to sell a car is to not be clear about it and not put many pics of it up anywhere. If I was them I would go straight in to a forum where most people have a great deal of knowledge; by the sellers own admission he knows very little about them? they seem to be wholly reliant on what is said to them by a third party! Either naive or full of crap - they do sell other cars and a clearly in the trade. What I would then do is start my thread by intimating that some people may take the p!##. Later in the thread I would then call some people wa##ers like you get on car forums! Correct I think they have just proved that point brilliantly!!!!!

Enough said. Last time I sold a car I sold it because of honesty and certainly did not try and didn't try and insult knowledgeable people. You will always get some.
andyd

Post by andyd »

ESSEXV6ESSEX wrote:I think the best way to sell a car is to not be clear about it and not put many pics of it up anywhere. If I was them I would go straight in to a forum where most people have a great deal of knowledge; by the sellers own admission he knows very little about them? they seem to be wholly reliant on what is said to them by a third party! Either naive or full of crap - they do sell other cars and a clearly in the trade. What I would then do is start my thread by intimating that some people may take the p!##. Later in the thread I would then call some people wa##ers like you get on car forums! Correct I think they have just proved that point brilliantly!!!!!

Enough said. Last time I sold a car I sold it because of honesty and certainly did not try and didn't try and insult knowledgeable people. You will always get some.
:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

I will be voting for you on May 7th :lol:
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

ESSEXV6ESSEX wrote:I think the best way to sell a car is to not be clear about it and not put many pics of it up anywhere. If I was them I would go straight in to a forum where most people have a great deal of knowledge; by the sellers own admission he knows very little about them? they seem to be wholly reliant on what is said to them by a third party! Either naive or full of crap - they do sell other cars and a clearly in the trade. What I would then do is start my thread by intimating that some people may take the p!##. Later in the thread I would then call some people wa##ers like you get on car forums! Correct I think they have just proved that point brilliantly!!!!!

100% agree, just finished reading through this thread, what a joke!

Still, i saw something similar happen with another chancer idiot on a facebook capri group a few weeks back.
He posted this piece of shit, rotten to hell 1.6 ls and said he wanted 3.5k for it, stating it was a "barn find" and "low mileage" and was "mint for the age", he of course got called out on it by literally everybody telling him it wasn't worth half that much and that it wasn't in good condition at all and he then had the nerve to get pissed off about it and started telling everyone that they were wrong or knew nothing and that his car was worth that much "all day long".

He then apparently sold it a few days later to some idiot for 3.5k, funny how a few days later i then saw the exact same car on ebay for 1k less than he was asking for it before.

I hope he doesn't sell it as the car isn't worth 1k yet alone 2 and a half, and ignorant, fucktarded people with no clue like that who are just trying to profiteer off these cars rarity thinking they can peddle any old shit for big money just because the blue oval was stuck on the car before 1987 dont deserve to be the caretakers of these wonderful, rare vehicles.

To get back on topic, no matter who the hell you think you are there is a basic, universal template for selling a car, or anything for that matter!
1. Post at least 8 to 10 pictures, showing good points and bad points.
2. Add a detailed description, including history if there is any.
3. Tell us how much you want for the fucker!
4. Add a phone number or contact address/email.
5. Be honest (though this will obviously depend on the person)
6. Profit.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
All good points made by Arya2.0S in the post above. I would add that treating potential buyers with respect is the best way to sell something.

So often I've seen cars listed for sale and the seller is abusive if somebody asks a question where the answer is already explained in the description. That really gets on my nerves when I see that. Everyone deserves to be treated with respect, especially if they could potentially be buying the car from you.

While I'm on a rant, I've had a situation where I've driven hundreds of miles to see a car. The seller, being aware of this, had decided to go out without warning at the arranged meeting time! Absolutely diabolical waste of time.

When I've sold cars in the past, I do my best to make the potential buyer feel like a prince/princess. At the very least invite them into the house and offer them a drink. I'm not in sales, but it's common sense. Nobody will buy a car from somebody who treats them like something they've just trod in.

Rant over,
Andrew.
marcuss3006
Car(s): Evo 6 TME, RS Megane, 1985 Capri

Post by marcuss3006 »

well the car was sold to the dealer who now has it listed
andyd

Post by andyd »

sheff
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Post by sheff »

andyd wrote:At last some decent pictures :applaud:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Capri-2- ... 35ee0f27e8

What's he on about here in the advert
"SO TO ALL YOU FORD FORUM CHAPS (AS I've LOOKED AND UNDERSTAND YOUR SUSPICIONS BUT PLS DONT SLATE IT AS YOU'VE NOT SEEN IT) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:At last some decent pictures :applaud:
About time! Lovely looking car.

Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

sheff wrote:What's he on about here in the advert
"SO TO ALL YOU FORD FORUM CHAPS (AS I've LOOKED AND UNDERSTAND YOUR SUSPICIONS BUT PLS DONT SLATE IT AS YOU'VE NOT SEEN IT)
Still for sale.
What a strange thing to write in the description. Surely the first thing any potential buyer would do after reading that is to check what was being said about the car on the forums?

Andrew.
sheff
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8 Injection (Driving Project)

Post by sheff »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
sheff wrote:What's he on about here in the advert
"SO TO ALL YOU FORD FORUM CHAPS (AS I've LOOKED AND UNDERSTAND YOUR SUSPICIONS BUT PLS DONT SLATE IT AS YOU'VE NOT SEEN IT)
Still for sale.
What a strange thing to write in the description. Surely the first thing any potential buyer would do after reading that is to check what was being said about the car on the forums?

Andrew.
If I was a potential buyer, that would certainly raise a few alarm bells ringing. Very strange statement to make :?

Neil