Stunning 1982 2.8i Capri - No Longer for sale.

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
DCDave
Car(s): 82 Capri 2.8i 4sp
Integra type R

Stunning 1982 2.8i Capri - No Longer for sale.

Post by DCDave »

I have been reluctantly considering selling my 2.8i Capri for a short while, It’s a car I did not plan to sell but here goes…

Stunning 1982 Black 2.8i Capri 4 speed.

Only 7 owners and 66,000 miles.

For those of you who are not familiar with the 4 speed 2.8i I can honestly say it’s a totally different car to a 5 speed to drive, lovely strong box with precise quick changes and noticeably quicker than a 5 speed In both acceleration and top end, it really is the gearbox Ford should have kept throughout the 2.8i’s lifespan.

I looked long and hard to find a solid straight 4 speed with the original Carla check interior and eventually found this one and ended up travelling 450 miles to get it. I was not disappointed! I am very fussy when it comes to a car with original straight panels and correct panel gaps and it was one of the best I had seen in a long time. It has never had any accident damage or related repairs!

Although solid, with all original panels and virtually no corrosion I decided to strip the car, professionally repairing any small areas that I did find along the way and then having a full repaint carried out at great expense. This was NOT a cheap re-paint.

I traveled to classic Ford at Santa pod where there was a large gathering of Capri’s and can say in all honesty that it was one of the better cars there, unfortunately it was packed and I did not get in to the display area.

Mechanically excellent with original engine, gearbox and diff in excellent health. Engine bay is excellent and original with all factory strut tops, spot welds etc and no corrosion. Temperature gauge never goes near the top even in hot heavy traffic and uses no oil or water.

Interior is superb with original un-cracked dash and seats in lovely condition, correct early 3 spoke wheel with exposed metal centre and also has the black headlining which was only fitted to the very early 2.8i.

The underside is in very good condition with a very light coat of waxoyl on top of the original underseal, no nasty weld patches and again all original and how it should be.

Correct pepper pot wheels, decals, body mouldings and so on. I have fitted an expensive (£1500) but very subtle audio sound system with Ipod connector in the glovebox which could be easily removed If required, I have original door cards and speakers also should the new owner wish to put it back to standard.

Fully serviced with all fluids and the usual parts changed, rebuilt brakes with new lines, calipers and green stuff pads fitted, suspension has been fully poly bushed with expensive bushes also.
Mot for nearly a year with no advisories and has a few months road tax, always garaged with dry use only.

£8750 ovno, No timewasters please, I am not worried if it sells or not as I am confident I could not replace it with another in the same condition. Tel 07950665360.

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Thanks
Dave.
Last edited by DCDave on Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Stunning 1982 2.8i Capri

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Dave,
The title says it all - stunning. If only I had the money and the space..........
Obviously you have your reasons for selling, but it must be heartbreaking to see it go.
Good luck with the sale, and I hope the new owner continues to cherish the car as it deserves.

Andrew.
DCDave
Car(s): 82 Capri 2.8i 4sp
Integra type R

Post by DCDave »

Have had a change of heart, after getting messed around by a time waster who was forever going to be coming back with a deposit and didn't, I have decided to keep it. Got quite a few enquiries otherwise so the Capri scene is definitely getting bigger.

May need to find somewhere else to store it but for now it's staying :)

Thanks as always for the positive comments Andrew, been so busy lately with various things I haven't been able to devote much time to the car or the forum.

Cheers
Dave.
dan the capri fan
Car(s): Black 1986 Ford Capri 1.6 Laser.
Imperial Red 1983 Ford Capri 2.0S (concors winner).
Silver 2002 Ford Mondeo 1.8 Zetec, daily driver.

Re: Stunning 1982 2.8i Capri - No Longer for sale.

Post by dan the capri fan »

thats good news about the sale hopefully you got the money you wanted for it. i know if i had the money i would love to buy this as its immaculate and i love pre special 2.8i's i cant wait until my early 2.8i carla check recaro interior looks as good as that when ive finished repairing them. :)
MS Injection
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Ford Capri 2.8 Injection Special

Post by MS Injection »

DCDave wrote:Have had a change of heart....I have decided to keep it.

May need to find somewhere else to store it but for now it's staying :)
I'm glad to hear that Dave. It's a beautiful looking Capri and when I saw your original post, I reckoned it was going to be hard going to give it up. Best to keep it no matter what it takes. I know the keys to mine would have to be prised out of my dead hand!
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

DCDave wrote:Have had a change of heart, after getting messed around by a time waster who was forever going to be coming back with a deposit and didn't, I have decided to keep it.
Dave,
That's the problem with selling cars privately. At least the experience helped you decide to keep the car. Every cloud, and all that!
If you had sold it and got the yearning for another Capri a few years down the line, it would be impossible to replace this one with one of a similar standard for the money you were asking for it.
MS Injection wrote:Best to keep it no matter what it takes. I know the keys to mine would have to be prised out of my dead hand!
Mike,
:lol: Yes, and mine!

Andrew.
SmokeEm
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 14.0 1/4 mile with a 'few' bits missing

Post by SmokeEm »

Just WOW! You must have balls the size of a cabbage to have cut those door cards!

that sir, is a stunner! 8-)
cliff wilkins
Car(s): Looking for capri

Post by cliff wilkins »

Well kept car looks great .
Do like the early 4 speeds with that interior not many good ones around for sale.
Cliff.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Hi Cliff,
This car was up for sale last summer when I was looking for a 2.8, I got another 4 speed instead as I wanted an original one but this a great car.

Not many early 2.8s come up that often, was Blue one a month or so ago, didn't see one at Classic Ford on Sunday they were all 5 speed....
Getting as sought after as the 280 so keeping hold of mine :D

Andy