Advice selling Capri 1.6L

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Advice selling Capri 1.6L

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

elliecharlie2008 wrote:here you go
advertised as needing an upper a post repair and the floor was good and strong
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Hi,
Lots of work to do on this one, but I'm sure it will end up being as good as all your previous cars. Good luck with the repairs, look forward to seeing some 'after' pics.

I must say that your business plan seems to be a successful formula, as your cars never hang around for long before they're sold.

All the best,
Andrew.
elliecharlie2008
Donator
Donator
Car(s): many many capris

Post by elliecharlie2008 »

Hi,
Lots of work to do on this one, but I'm sure it will end up being as good as all your previous cars. Good luck with the repairs, look forward to seeing some 'after' pics.

I must say that your business plan seems to be a successful formula, as your cars never hang around for long before they're sold.

All the best,
Andrew.[/quote]

cheers Andrew
It took me about hour to get that far once the new sill arrives its all plain sailing from there on

ive just sold one to a mate of one I sold earlier this year he recommended me as he was so pleased with his capri he had a cetain budget and I found him the one that he wanted another happy capri owner on the road

steve
Wigan Ste
Car(s): Capri 2.8i

Post by Wigan Ste »

I can guarantee any one who reads this thread that Steve is no bodge em up merchant. To be honest anyone who says so without seeing the standard of work is bang out of order. I have not known him long but I asked him for some advice about my 2.8 and he went out of his way to help and point me in the right direction. I have seen plenty of his work as he likes to take photos of each stage of the cars he restores. Keep up the good work mate.
NeilL
Car(s): 1984 Laquer Red 2.8i Special.

Post by NeilL »

I was going to buy a 2.8i from Steve and the only reason i didn't was that a local car came up for sale! Steve was very helpful and looking back at some of the cars he has completed i would not hesitate to contact him should i ever be in the market again!
Keep saving those Capris Steve :drive:
elliecharlie2008
Donator
Donator

cheers for the comments
its not all about making thousands of pounds its about helping people out and keeping capris on the road

now ill help anyone if I can weather it be selling someone a car or helping them find the one there looking for or just for some advice and a bit of a natter ill go out of my way to help out

so if anyone needs any help feel free to ask ;)
elliecharlie2008
Donator
Donator

Wigan Ste wrote:I can guarantee any one who reads this thread that Steve is no bodge em up merchant. To be honest anyone who says so without seeing the standard of work is bang out of order. I have not known him long but I asked him for some advice about my 2.8 and he went out of his way to help and point me in the right direction. I have seen plenty of his work as he likes to take photos of each stage of the cars he restores. Keep up the good work mate.
cheers for that steve
in fact I need to have a catch up with you on yours see how your going on and what you have been upto ;)
elliecharlie2008
Donator
Donator

NeilL wrote:I was going to buy a 2.8i from Steve and the only reason i didn't was that a local car came up for sale! Steve was very helpful and looking back at some of the cars he has completed i would not hesitate to contact him should i ever be in the market again!
Keep saving those Capris Steve :drive:
cheers neil
I was glad you got there in the end and what a nice car you got too :)
I hope she is running well and your getting the full enjoyment out of her

steve
Terra-Kotta
Car(s): Pinto/crossflow guru.

Post by Terra-Kotta »

elliecharlie2008 wrote:here you go
advertised as needing an upper a post repair and the floor was good and strong
with the wing off

so its all been cut out still a bit more to go yet but no point welding over crap for it to come back a year later its hard to see the floor at the front mostly because its on the floor in bits lol strangley the scuttle panel is good

so once the rest of the crap is cut out it will have
a new sill (bought)
a new inner sill (hand made)
full a post(hand made)
new floor(hand made)
inner wing to floor section(hand made)
I have the rear of the spring hanger to do too and a rear arch where someone welded a replacement panel over the top the plastered it in filler
Yeah. Seen them a few times.D reg by any chance?
elliecharlie2008
Donator
Donator

its an a plate this one
trouble is over the years instead of repairing properly with replacement metal its just been filled with fiberglass matting and filler which just holds water and makes things worse there was nuts and bots mixed in with the fiberglass to give it a bit of strength
ive not had chance to dao anymore on it yet there is still quite a bit more to pull out