Advice selling Capri 1.6L

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
elliecharlie2008
Donator
Donator
Car(s): many many capris

Re: Advice selling Capri 1.6L

Post by elliecharlie2008 »

Terra-Kotta wrote:I see old "isopon pete and blowover Charlie" got hold of it then.
whats isopon?
Terra-Kotta
Car(s): Pinto/crossflow guru.

Post by Terra-Kotta »

Sorry mate. Just a bit annoyed. You know how I feel about the ubber rare L models. I just feel it deserved better than a quick nosh up and puff over. Just a personal thing I guess. Not many L's left now.

It's ok to do it to lasers but L's are part of a forgotten heritage. Most rotted away unwanted.
dan the capri fan
Car(s): Black 1986 Ford Capri 1.6 Laser.
Imperial Red 1983 Ford Capri 2.0S (concors winner).
Silver 2002 Ford Mondeo 1.8 Zetec, daily driver.

Post by dan the capri fan »

i love the fantastic transformation you've done on it. those steel wheels look like new. might just be me but in your new photos the doors, boot and bonnet dont look like they match the paint on the rest of the car. they look more white and the rest of the body looks a bit like a light beige. also do you take staff on lol as it would be great to restore capris with you as you get so many lol. :)
Terra-Kotta

Post by Terra-Kotta »

You could have yours done there Dan.
elliecharlie2008
Donator
Donator

Terra-Kotta wrote:Sorry mate. Just a bit annoyed. You know how I feel about the ubber rare L models. I just feel it deserved better than a quick nosh up and puff over. Just a personal thing I guess. Not many L's left now.

It's ok to do it to lasers but L's are part of a forgotten heritage. Most rotted away unwanted.
what are you talking about
I don't fill cars with filler and bodge them up if they need panels they get them I like to keep the car as original as possible so if its just a bit on the front of a genuine ford wing one the one it left the factory with then I cut that bit out and weld in new

I don't see why your trying to make me out to be a bodging twat on a public forum other people will read this and come up with the same idea I take pride in the cars I do and the work envolved

and another thing its a cameo hence the new stripes
I don't see why I should defend myself however since it has been put on here now with the filler and blowover comment ill show you all some of the bits I did

the rear corners were full of fiberglass and filler now its each to there own on that kinda thing but its not how I work

and replaced with a new hand made repair section not the crappy pattern part that never fits the penetration line near the front edge is where I made a new inner bit too

and the top of the passenger wing where there was a hole that had been filled with fiberglass that was an inch thick so it was all pulled out and a new bit welded in

and there was a a massive amount of fiberglass over the headlight inspection bowl and down the top of the drip rail so again it was ripped out a new section of drip rail was made along with the top of the headlight bowl and a new section of headlight inspection hole again hand formed I also repaired the front edge of the wing and a small section on the front valence

then the bonnet was replaced as there was no front to it at and the frame had some how rotted and lifted from the bonnet then all the front end was sanded back hit with two coats of high build primer then flatted back and painted with three coats of ford diamond white then the full car was flatted back and machined polished the wheels were rubbed back primered and painted in silver I bought the original center caps and nut covers to replace the wheel trims and the original cameo side stripes were put back on

so next time someone feels like comenting on my cars rather than post up trying to make me out to con artist or a bodging twat or just in it for the money why not drop me an email and ask what was done I take no offence to people asking or bobbing over for a brew and a looksee and see what work goes into them just because I work fast dosnt mean im cutting corners

its about keeping the legend alive
elliecharlie2008
Donator
Donator

dan the capri fan wrote:i love the fantastic transformation you've done on it. those steel wheels look like new. might just be me but in your new photos the doors, boot and bonnet dont look like they match the paint on the rest of the car. they look more white and the rest of the body looks a bit like a light beige. also do you take staff on lol as it would be great to restore capris with you as you get so many lol. :)
dan its the sun fitting stickers don't make the colors change on the car at the side there is a six foot fence and a garage that casts a shadow
Terra-Kotta

Post by Terra-Kotta »

Oh. It's a cameo? Don't worry about it then?
elliecharlie2008
Donator
Donator

Terra-Kotta wrote:Oh. It's a cameo? Don't worry about it then?
yeh its a cameo its still really a l model as you know,im a big lover too of the base models i would rather own one of these than a s or a 2.8 there much nicer to drive and much rarer than other later models as you know yourself up untill now ive never had a cameo nor have i seen one and this one will live on again rather than being left to rot,broken for spares or banger raced

im not sure what your getting at with the question marks in your post
Terra-Kotta

Post by Terra-Kotta »

How are you getting hold of all these cars so quick.
elliecharlie2008
Donator
Donator

Terra-Kotta wrote:How are you getting hold of all these cars so quick.
people tend to come to me as they know i dont brake them ill repair anything no matter what state its in i dont try to rip people off when i buy them and previous owners get to see what i do through out the build some buy them back when done

thats why im annoyed you put that coment up just assuming i bodge them up i spend hours on them and i work fast as i enjoy it whatever they need they get i do cars for others too some dont have massive budgets and ask me to fill a bit here and there end of the day its there car and there choice not mine but all my own are done right
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

elliecharlie2008 wrote:...and i work fast as i enjoy it...
Goodness me, you certainly do! Unless I'm mistaken, you did all that in less than three weeks. Of course that means nothing if the car isn't done right, but I don't assume that for a minute. It looks really good. Very impressive. Is it completely finshed, mechanics and all? Or do you have more to do on it yet.
elliecharlie2008
Donator
Donator

a week and a bits work its all done
I could of left all that crappy fiberglass in there and some of the other bodges I found but I didn't that's not how I work all the crap was removed and replaced with new metal
Terra-Kotta

Post by Terra-Kotta »

Thank you for taking part in our survey.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

elliecharlie2008 wrote:a week and a bits work its all done
:shock: That's good going!
elliecharlie2008
Donator
Donator

thing is I build them to a good standard where they last I don't build show cars
the cars I do average around £2300 not everyone has got £5k plus to spend on a car
I build cars you can use as a daily runner yeh they may not be 100% perfect they may be a blemish here and there in the paint but you have to remember I don't have a full blown spray booth with fancy heaters etc my paintwork is still good but its not a £1500+paint job I know people that pay nearly double that for paint but as I said not everyone has got that money to spend

most people nowadays are looking for a daily runner or something they may only use on a weekend which is where my cars come in and this is why I go through so many

as you all know to build a show car you have to have a big bank balance now I can build them but I find keeping the prices as low as poss gives more people chance to own a capri

ive done a few and the amount I sell then a month later there on ebay for a stupid amount

this one is a prime example I sold this car for £2150 after doing a little fetterling on it and getting it running its now up for £4995 nearly double what I sold it for
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261542984281? ... EBIDX%3AIT

ive had several emails through here pointing me to them so someone takes an interest in what I do
elliecharlie2008
Donator
Donator

Terra-Kotta wrote:Thank you for taking part in our survey.
I don't know if your just being sarcastic now or just having a laugh
Terra-Kotta

Post by Terra-Kotta »

I was just playing with ya.

Il apologise for falling into trap of thinking you just ponged and puffed em though. Il take it back publicly. There's too many out there nosh em up and out em only for them to bubble up a yet later. I'm pleased to see they are done right.
elliecharlie2008
Donator
Donator

Terra-Kotta wrote:I was just playing with ya.

Il apologise for falling into trap of thinking you just ponged and puffed em though. Il take it back publicly. There's too many out there nosh em up and out em only for them to bubble up a yet later. I'm pleased to see they are done right.
cheers for that its muchly appreciated

I know more than anyone there is people out there bodging them up for a quick sale trouble is nine times out of ten they end up with me and I have to go through them all and cut the crap out ive seen allsorts on these one recently had a foot and a half square of Perspex silconed into the floor then under sealed both sides so you couldn't see it I may still have it some where
when I get back in later ill post up a black mk3 ive just got advertised as needing an upper a post repair on the drivers side and solid floors
dan the capri fan
Car(s): Black 1986 Ford Capri 1.6 Laser.
Imperial Red 1983 Ford Capri 2.0S (concors winner).
Silver 2002 Ford Mondeo 1.8 Zetec, daily driver.

Post by dan the capri fan »

despite whats being said i think you've done a cracking job mate as it looks great and is fantastic this such rare beast is now on the road. i do like the base model capris as they have a certain character to them and a novelty to them but im a top of the range man my self :)

im also very intrested in the work you do on the capris you get as each time you put another thread up with another capri i have to have a look. im was wondering as you said you work on other people's capris how much do you charge bodywork wise. :)
elliecharlie2008
Donator
Donator

here you go
advertised as needing an upper a post repair and the floor was good and strong
with the wing off

so its all been cut out still a bit more to go yet but no point welding over crap for it to come back a year later its hard to see the floor at the front mostly because its on the floor in bits lol strangley the scuttle panel is good

so once the rest of the crap is cut out it will have
a new sill (bought)
a new inner sill (hand made)
full a post(hand made)
new floor(hand made)
inner wing to floor section(hand made)
I have the rear of the spring hanger to do too and a rear arch where someone welded a replacement panel over the top the plastered it in filler