WANTED Mk3 Capri WITHOUT SUNROOF

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
Turbonutter666
Car(s): D plate Nov 1987 Red 1600 Laser

WANTED Mk3 Capri WITHOUT SUNROOF

Post by Turbonutter666 »

Hi, I'm looking for a MK3 Capri hopefully on a 'C', 'D' or 'E' plate but it must be without a sunroof.
Colour, interior and engine are not important.
I don't mind some welding as long as its not too far gone.
If anyone has a shell or complete car knocking around they no longer want please let me know.

Regards,

Simon.
[email protected]
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Re: WANTED Mk3 Capri WITHOUT SUNROOF

Post by stevemarl »

AFAIK all models from those later years came as standard with the sunroof, there was no choice.
Terra-Kotta
Car(s): Pinto/crossflow guru.

Post by Terra-Kotta »

You'll be lucky. You need a L or GL from around 79 era. And if you're lucky some bell end in the 80s didn't fit a glass britax to it.
Turbonutter666

Post by Turbonutter666 »

Thanks for the info chaps, I didn't know all the later ones came with sunroofs.
Terra-Kotta

Post by Terra-Kotta »

You need an early mk3 S. or any L or GL up to A reg runout model.

As I say. If you're lucky no one in the 80s/90s PAID to have a glass roof fitted.
Turbonutter666

Post by Turbonutter666 »

Thanks for the help, I might have to give up on the capri. I know I can't drive the sunroof model and I have a very slim chance of finding one without a sunroof to have a look at to see if I can drive it and there is no guarantee.
I might start looking at something else to waste my money on.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Turbonutter666 wrote: I know I can't drive the sunroof model and I have a very slim chance of finding one without a sunroof to have a look at to see if I can drive it.
Hi,
That's a real shame to hear that you are considering something else to waste your money on!
Is this a height issue? There are several members on this forum over 6'6" who fit in their Capris.

Andrew.
Turbonutter666

Post by Turbonutter666 »

I'm 6'4" in my socks but very overweight so my fat arse is probably the problem but when I looked at a D plate laser a while ago my legs were tight under the steering wheel and my head was squashed against the roof. I could put a smaller steering wheel on but this is why I want a non sunroof model for the little bit extra headroom.
I really don't know what to do now :-(
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Simon,
Check out this recent thread about height and weight from this forum:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=46031&hilit=too+tall+for+a+capri

Andrew.
MS Injection
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Ford Capri 2.8 Injection Special

Post by MS Injection »

Turbonutter666 wrote:I'm 6'4" in my socks but very overweight so my fat arse is probably the problem but when I looked at a D plate laser a while ago my legs were tight under the steering wheel and my head was squashed against the roof. I could put a smaller steering wheel on but this is why I want a non sunroof model for the little bit extra headroom.
Hi Simon,

Don't give up mate. It sounds like you really want a Capri. Have a gander at the thread and see if you can't sort it. There has got to be a way?

Mike
elliecharlie2008
Donator
Donator
Car(s): many many capris

Post by elliecharlie2008 »

Turbonutter666 wrote:I'm 6'4" in my socks but very overweight so my fat arse is probably the problem but when I looked at a D plate laser a while ago my legs were tight under the steering wheel and my head was squashed against the roof. I could put a smaller steering wheel on but this is why I want a non sunroof model for the little bit extra headroom.
the laser you looked at was it in doncaster?
Turbonutter666

Post by Turbonutter666 »

No, it was near Southend, I can't remember where I saw it advertised. It was blue, on a 'D' plate and had a 205 block but needed a lot of work.
Turbonutter666

Post by Turbonutter666 »

Thanks for the thread I just read through it. It seems that several people who are as tall or taller than me manage to drive their capris but I'm very fat! if I was a skinny 6'4" I don't think I would have many issues.
Terra-Kotta

Post by Terra-Kotta »

Have you tried the Atkins????? Also you can get lower seats.

We have our own resident forum member who's this that an the other. Must have power steering. Must be auto. Must be this. Must be that. But that's just because he's lazy.

Do you go to the gym at all???

What are your religious beliefs? And what nationality are you??? What sexual gender are you????

If you are anything above that appears abnormal or what's considered "freaky" there's sure to be a Capri out there for you, and if you're a bender just go for the 2.8i in any form.

Here at the Capri laser group we cater for all tastes and gender.
Turbonutter666

Post by Turbonutter666 »

Thanks for the 'Advice'?

So I need to try Atkins and go to the gym to drive a capri and I cannot have a 2.8 unless I bend over for the soap?
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

Seriously, if you`re struggling with recaros, you may find some of the `flatter`, less sculpted seats from `lesser` models may be more comfortable? Easy to swap too.
Turbonutter666

Post by Turbonutter666 »

Thanks for the advice, I will keep looking for the right one for me. If all else fails I will have to look at a different car or lose 10 stone!
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

stevemarl wrote:Seriously, if you`re struggling with recaros, you may find some of the `flatter`, less sculpted seats from `lesser` models may be more comfortable? Easy to swap too.
I agree with that statement. The seats from the Ghia look perfectly suited for the more robust physique.
I think that the mounting holes for the seats are all in the same place in the floorpan, so a swap is a simple case of undoing four bolts per front seat. The downside is that you will have to buy a full set of seats and doorcards if you want all the parts of the interior to match.

Andrew.
Jake

Post by Jake »

Im 6.3 still large at 18 stone. Used to be 24 stone.

Fit into my 2.8 and 2.0S ok.

You can lower the seats with some modifications. Maybe even a seat swap with a different car for a nice low position.
I hope you find a solution!
(Might be the perfect time to loose some weight, a good end goal, you'll feel even better when you can fit into the Capri. I know i felt great after loosing 6 stone!)

Good luck! It is as we all know. "The car you always promised yourself"
Turbonutter666

Post by Turbonutter666 »

Weight loss advice is not what I'm after but thanks for your input. I want to be able to drive a capri now but I don't think it's going to be possible. I did drive a few capris when I was 17-18 stone with no issues but that was about 23 years ago! And I'm carrying a lot more muscle and fat now! I don't want to put my exact dimensions on here but I'm 6'4" and very heavy set and overweight and capris don't appear to have been designed with people my size in mind.
As I currently am I can fit in a capri and close the door but I'm so squashed up in there it would be impossible to drive safely, my legs are squashed under the wheel and my head is squashed on the roof which going back to the start is why I want a non sunroof model because the extra inch of room would make a lot of difference and I can fit a smaller steering wheel and remove the door handle for extra room.
I have to find a non sunroof model to have a test sit in and go from there, if I cannot sit in it comfortably then my capri dream will be at an end and I have no option other than looking at something else.