Looking for Black MK3 1.6/2l

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
Terra-Kotta
Car(s): Pinto/crossflow guru.

Re: Looking for Black MK3 1.6/2l

Post by Terra-Kotta »

Fiona. Have you considered a nice little fiesta? There's one for sale on this very page in you're preferred pretty black colour.

Capris aren't really for girls to be honest. They have big powerful engines in and are what we call rear wheel drive. They are a bit dangerous and aren't really a car for inexperienced drivers.
Fiona50
Car(s): Soon to be Ford Capri Laser 1.6/2.0

Post by Fiona50 »

Terra-Kotta wrote:Fiona. Have you considered a nice little fiesta? There's one for sale on this very page in you're preferred pretty black colour.

Capris aren't really for girls to be honest. They have big powerful engines in and are what we call rear wheel drive. They are a bit dangerous and aren't really a car for inexperienced drivers.
Thank for for the concern however I already have a nice little fiesta, and I know all about rear wheel drive thank you

Oh, are capris only for men who need to over compensate then? Maybe I should just give up driving all together to spend more time on the housework.
80s kid
Car(s): Ford 2.0s auto daily driver

Post by 80s kid »

Fiona50 wrote:
Terra-Kotta wrote:Fiona. Have you considered a nice little fiesta? There's one for sale on this very page in you're preferred pretty black colour.

Thank for for the concern however I already have a nice little fiesta, and I know all about rear wheel drive thank you

Oh, are capris only for men who need to over compensate then? Maybe I should just give up driving all together to spend more time on the housework.
Tbh I haven't seen many women in capris, if that's the car you want then you will find it :) but until then... Tool box down Hoover on please lady ;)

I'm joking
80s kid
Car(s): Ford 2.0s auto daily driver

Post by 80s kid »

Don't forget the mirrors mate there a pain for parallel parking, plus no parking sensors to help women park at Asda. The lack of power steering won't help either cuz they may be to weak to turn the wheel :)
emily92
Car(s): Ford capri laser 2.0 daily driver.

Post by emily92 »

wow capris are for everyone… I've had mine 6 month and love it, not had a problem with it, not that dangerous!
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
I believe the comments were made in jest. I hope so, anyway.... :)

Andrew.
Terra-Kotta

Post by Terra-Kotta »

I'm really trying not to mention a certain black Capri I bought for some one that lasted 6 days.

But yes. Capris are quite dangerous. Plus if you are a girl you'll need a power steering conversion if you buy a 4 pot

Rear wheel drive does require an eliment of "natural instinct" to stay out of trouble. An opposite lock flick followed by a straightener, what we call "a dab of oppo". Now. Forgive me people but I have to say that the ladies simply don't have this instinctive reaction built in. They just seem to let go of the wheel and scream, highlighted to me at a corporate indoor karting event years ago with work. The guys were no problem proper sideways but it was as if the girls were just doing a 180 and stopping dead. They had to postpone practice to teach the dozy mares to steer into the skid. They still didn't get it and became obstacles in the track.

I'm just looking out for the girl is all.
do0ps
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0S
VW Golf 2008 TDI 105ps (Daily Driver)
Landrover Defender 90 (Ex Daily Driver)

Post by do0ps »

Are you serious mate? I know the long standing joke about women drivers is funny at times, but for goodness sake leave the woman alone! You should be happy that there is another prospective Capri owner and another person happy! She put up a simple request looking for a black car and bar a few nice responses she has only received abuse.

The car Elliecharlie put up would be definitely worth a look, I wish you well with your hunt, and don't listen to the Neanderthals above :)

Kris
Essexboy
Car(s): Mk3 Laser, Chrome bumpers/mirrors, S/S exhaust, Mk2 Ghia interior!
Stage 2 with 40's June&Nov '11 CF
MK2 X-PACK(Early 2015)

Post by Essexboy »

.well said doOps, I know lots of female capri drivers, some better than me!
Any car is dangerous you numpty, leave it be sir..

..and Fiona, have you tried Capripower, or other capri based forums?
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

I`m sure she knows it`s tongue in cheek.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

peers.dupp wrote:Hi,
I believe the comments were made in jest. I hope so, anyway.... :)

Andrew.
A good half of Terra's posts are made in jest :lmao:
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
elliecharlie2008
Donator
Donator
Car(s): many many capris

Post by elliecharlie2008 »

some comments should be kept to them selves
there should be no difference weather your a woman or a man this forum is about helping people out not making them feel like they shouldn't be here
it may be in jest but there is a time and a place for it and a public forum isn't the place
Fiona50

Post by Fiona50 »

Being a girl who is into her cars I'm used to the jest and the jokes, however Terra-Kotta seems to be quite serious and unfortunately I'm here to put his gender bias/opinions upside-down :)

I know more about cars than 90% of the guys I know, maybe it says something about the guys I know but anyway, and my dad being an ex mechanic knows more than enough about Capri's, which was the car he worked most on in his youth, and he wouldn't be allowing me to get one if he didn't trust me to be able to handle it.
:drive:
Terra-Kotta

Post by Terra-Kotta »

Yes. I know but they are very dangerous in wet you see. They are rear wheel drive and have to be driven differently.

There's a little fiesta in black in a couple of posts down.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Terra-Kotta wrote:Yes. I know but they are very dangerous in wet you see. They are rear wheel drive and have to be driven differently.

You can't help yourself can you Glyn ;)
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
fordperv
Car(s): too many

Post by fordperv »

Good on ya girl for wanting a capri, they are great cars and the steering isn't that heavy and they are simple to drive and work on,

I've just read a couple of the comments to Mrs fordperv who used to drive my capri around, she says she would race any of you knuckle daggers who think powerful cars aren't for girls :-)
Fiona50

Post by Fiona50 »

Terra-Kotta wrote:Yes. I know but they are very dangerous in wet you see. They are rear wheel drive and have to be driven differently.

:drama:
Please read my previous comment - I already have a fiesta, please stop patronising me.

I am aware and understand that they are a rear wheel drive car and therefore I would need to alter my current driving habits to fit this, your repetition of this fact doesn't persuade me not to get one. If anything it motivates me more to prove you wrong (:
fordperv wrote:Good on ya girl for wanting a capri, they are great cars and the steering isn't that heavy and they are simple to drive and work on,

I've just read a couple of the comments to Mrs fordperv who used to drive my capri around, she says she would race any of you knuckle daggers who think powerful cars aren't for girls :-)
Thank you (: I'm really excited to get one
Go Mrs fordperv, show 'em how it's done!
Terra-Kotta

Post by Terra-Kotta »

I am playing. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fiona50

Post by Fiona50 »

Terra-Kotta wrote:I am playing. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I believe a race is in order ;)
nigecapri
Car(s): Black 2.0S with supercharged bike carbs.

Post by nigecapri »

Best venue will be right in the midlands where everyone can come & watch, time will need to be holiday time when everyone can get a couple of days off to get there so best make the date for the weekend of 4/5/6/ July somewhere between the A1 & the M1
Wouldn't miss this one for the world