Monkeyzak
Car(s): Previously owned
1.6GL
1.6LS x 2
2.0S

How much?

Post by Monkeyzak »

Hey

I love Capri's but not had one for a few years. I'm looking to get back into it and looking for some advice. I've been looking at prices over the last few weeks. They just seem all over the place. I'm jacking in motorbikes, so will have cash.

Ideally I'd like a Brooklands. It was the car I always wanted as a teenager. How much would it be for a decent one? I cant afford a minter.

If that out, what about a good 2.8. Failing that a 2 litre laser or sport. I always liked my 2.0S. I do fancy a 2.8 though.

Any advice much appreciated. I'm looking for a keeper.

I'm guessing if I want a Brookie, I'll need to be patient or rich!!! I've posted here, as I will buy if its the right car at the right price.
340truck
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Rat - GONE
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE
Only 2 Zetec SE Fezzas left now, 1.6 ghia gone. Mk 1 Focus replaces, sticking with 1.6 Zetec SE

Re: How much?

Post by 340truck »

UGH...who wants a cabbage?
Seriously - should be able to get a good solid car in any form for about £3500. Below that expect to do some improvement work.
Monkeyzak
1.6GL
1.6LS x 2
2.0S

Post by Monkeyzak »

I appreciate rot is a concern, but the better the car the better.

I don't want a total basket case. That price is fine.

Thanks for that.
Mikeyv8
Car(s): Solar Gold 3.0s 1979

Post by Mikeyv8 »

You will struggle to get a Brooklands for 5k, and at that it will be rough, 3-5k for a nice 2.8i, nice lasers and S 2-4k, depends on how much you want to spend really as to what car you will get.
Monkeyzak
1.6GL
1.6LS x 2
2.0S

Post by Monkeyzak »

Thanks. I could go higher for a Brooklands. I'll get looking on all the sites.

Thanks for that guideline
tck
Car(s): 2.8 Turbo, 2.8 special.

Post by tck »

hi there..
Just my 2pennerth worth..if u want a decent brookie nowadays (and from your request im assuming you want a "worked on" restored one!!..it will cost u 8.5k min..to buy same condition 2.8 special will cost u 5.5k...owt else under those prices and u will have to spend money on em...and from personal experience nowadays more viable to buy a restored one..it will otherwise cost u more money in the end otherwise..prices of good ones are presently at a premium..
Terra-Kotta
Car(s): Pinto/crossflow guru.

Post by Terra-Kotta »

The best brookies are reshelled from early 2.8is. I wouldn't want an original shelled 280. Bad bad recycled steel.
80s kid
Car(s): Ford 2.0s auto daily driver

Post by 80s kid »

Monkeyzak wrote:Hey

I love Capri's but not had one for a few years. I'm looking to get back into it and looking for some advice. I've been looking at prices over the last few weeks. They just seem all over the place. I'm jacking in motorbikes, so will have cash.

Ideally I'd like a Brooklands. It was the car I always wanted as a teenager. How much would it be for a decent one? I cant afford a minter.

If that out, what about a good 2.8. Failing that a 2 litre laser or sport. I always liked my 2.0S. I do fancy a 2.8 though.

Any advice much appreciated. I'm looking for a keeper.

I'm guessing if I want a Brookie, I'll need to be patient or rich!!! I've posted here, as I will buy if its the right car at the right price.

just keep looking about mate. i paid 1300 for mine and its solid body wise