2.8i Shell +++++

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
340truck
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Rat - GONE
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE
Only 2 Zetec SE Fezzas left now, 1.6 ghia gone. Mk 1 Focus replaces, sticking with 1.6 Zetec SE

2.8i Shell +++++

Post by 340truck »

I'd like to give a Laser Pager this opportunity first before it goes to ebay....

For sale is my 2.8i shell with extras! Still present with the shell are the engine and 5 speed gearbox. All the glass is there but the windscreen is cracked so will need replacing. Passenger door is there and the carpet but no seats. Some of the plastic interior trim is still there but no longer fitted.
The car is a B reg non special (5 speed gearbox but non special - not many about) that was originally a Janspeed turbo conversion direct from the factory - the serial number plate is still on the slam panel but the turbo kit was removed long before I bought it in 2001. The proof that it was originally a turbo is the position of the washer bottle.
The engine is not "clean" and has crust and other gunk on it but was a good runner when it was on the road. I did the head gaskets on the car myself in around 2006 and would say it had no more than 20000 miles on it since but no harm in a major overhaul whilst you'r cleaning it up!

The car had a respray in 2008 when it also had pattern wings fitted. All necessary welding was done at this time and the car had about 6 months use before it was taken off the road. It is a very solid shell, ther is some surface rust in places underneath but no holes and nothing is rotten. The paintwork is ok over most of the car, there are some places where it has been scratched and scraped but seeing as a door and tailgate will be needed, some light prep will make a "blow over"all it needs. Below are some pics, the car is in a lock up and I can't move it in and out easily so they are the best I can get. Any prospective buyer should come and look to verify what I say.

For a laser pager I will chuck in a tailgate that I have (silver grey) and proper 2.8 fuel tank which I assume is ok but don't know for sure. I have the V5 document for the car (if I can find it, if not I will pay for and obtain a replacement from DVLA, the car's identity is not disputed it all matches). Car is located in Haverhill, Suffolk CB9.
Price for the car as it is - £600. If there is no interest on here it goes on ebay with that reserve in 14 days. Any questions or to arrange a view pm me.
Madbadmax
Car(s): 2.0 s mk3

Re: 2.8i Shell +++++

Post by Madbadmax »

Is this still for sale ? Thanks
340truck
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Rat - GONE
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE
Only 2 Zetec SE Fezzas left now, 1.6 ghia gone. Mk 1 Focus replaces, sticking with 1.6 Zetec SE

Re: 2.8i Shell +++++

Post by 340truck »

Yes it's now on ebay but you can still bag it direct through here.