1982 2.8i for sale again - £3000

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
Lyons
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8i 4spd Caspian Blue over Silver with pepperpots or the daily driver - a ford transit!

1982 2.8i for sale again - £3000

Post by Lyons »

Fallen out of love with the Capri I'm afraid.. I've sank 1000's into this since I bought it... Here a very brief run down of what's what...

I spent months, and i mean months searching for one...

1982 caspian blue over silver
4 speed box in perfect working order, no probs at all
Power steering, again working fine
New battery
Original metal throughout, all arches, wings, door jambs, scuttle panel, drip rails, bumpers etc are tip top, no rust anywhere.
NO RUST - non, anywhere in/out/underneath, what little there was, was underneath and was sorted to a good standard and waxoyl'd to protect it, nothing to worry about for many years.
No scratches, scrapes or chips to the paint, apart from the drivers door, more info below.
Original interior (Carla check recaros, perfect bolsters, uncut parcel shelf, uncut doors, near perfect dash)
ALL gauges work (see pic of dash, taken today 2/2/14)
Alarmed and remote central locking
New water pump
New rocker cover gaskets
Fully serviced in august, done less than 1500 miles since
Custom made full stainless exhaust with manifold heat wrap
New plugs, leads, dizzy cap, rotor arm, xr4 fuel filter
Waxoyl'd underneath
Still has MOT, currently sorn
Fully rebuilt axle, new diff, new wheel bearings, brake lines and pads
Polybushed
Sunroof, no leaks
ALL electrics work, including Heater!
Garaged all the time
Tyres all got good tread on
Plenty of meat on the pads
File full of receipts, mots etc etc
The original reg plate from 1981 is also present!
Washed, polished and waxed bore being SORN'd
Valeted inside
Period correct ring front spotlights

Currently needs a recon metering head (caprigear - a breaker on the Capri forum, has already quoted me for one), it will run fine on the old one, but unfortunately that developed a weap, the replacement doesn't work properly, she'll fire up but runs rough, you could possibly drive her home if you had to. I've just lost interest and don't want to sink any more money into it. Small ding on the edge of the drivers door, quoted £80 to fix, small blow from the manifold, free fix but I can't get the car to the bloke who fitted it. If I were to keep the car is want a properly recon'd metering unit, but 2nd hand ones that work are circa £75, but I just don't want to spend any more on it... Sad but true I'm afraid. It really is a stunning car that gets looks and comments all the time, and sounds terrific!

As mentioned it's totally original, only thing in it is a modern stereo which wasn't my doing... I'm selling due to losing interest as mentioned, my heart is in 2 wheels, not 4, hence my loss of interest, and when I get another bike, I need garage space! I was intending to keep this, it'll probably end up being another car I regret selling.

To find a rust free Capri is hard, but this really is, the body is lovely, nothing underneath to worry about, as mentioned it's all been done and waxoyled to protect it. The paintwork shines beautifully. Someone with a bit of know how could make a decent chunk of profit here, that just isn't me, I'll be taking a loss in it, but hey oh, live and learn!

I'm looking for £3000 for It, or as close to as poss, give me a call on 07877269915 with any questions or to arrange a viewing. I think it's a fair price, once fixed it'll be a £4-5k motor. Of course if you keep it, it's never gonna lose money.
Last edited by Lyons on Wed May 28, 2014 10:05 am, edited 7 times in total.
Mark, from St Helens - Lancashire, drive a 2.8i - 4 on the floor!

stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Re: 1981 2.8i for sale £3500

Post by stevemarl »

Such a shame, really is a lovely car. I know. and understand, you`re fed up with it now but is there no way you could just put it to one side until your enthusiasm comes back, because you`ll struggle to find another in that condition should you ever change your mind?
If I had the space I`d have it tomorrow....
Lyons
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8i 4spd Caspian Blue over Silver with pepperpots or the daily driver - a ford transit!

Re: 1981 2.8i for sale £3500

Post by Lyons »

Well, yes and no lol... I have considered letting it sit for a while to see if I get another wave of enthusiasm, I spent so long searching for one in perfect nick... I've just had rotten luck with it I think... But with a mortgage, bills etc etc, getting my mrs onside to let me blow another bunch of cash on it will be harder than getting it fixed I feel... I'll see how much interest it gets and go from there, thanks for your kind words too :cool:

Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: 1982 2.8i for sale £3500

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Mark,
It's a such shame you've lost interest in the car. As Steve says, it looks like a stunner from the pictures and you won't find another in the same condition for the money that you are selling it for.
I would also love to buy it if I only had the space to keep it garaged, as it deserves.
Anyway, good luck with the sale.
All the best,
Andrew.
Lyons
Donator
Donator

Post by Lyons »

Cheers for the comments Andrew... It's deffo a catch 22 situation, if I bought a metering head off caprigear it'd probably fix it... But I really don't have the interest, or spare dosh for that matter lol
But the most important bits, I.e. No Rust / body being so good will indeed be hard to find again... Wish I knew more about cars now lol

Lyons
Donator
Donator

Post by Lyons »

Advertised on pistonheads now, has loads more pics: http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/ ... 82/2022683

rumone

Post by rumone »

i see you like scooters pal!would you be interested in a lambretta for your capri?
Lyons
Donator
Donator

Post by Lyons »

Pm'd you mate

dan the capri fan
Car(s): Black 1986 Ford Capri 1.6 Laser.
Imperial Red 1983 Ford Capri 2.0S (concors winner).
Silver 2002 Ford Mondeo 1.8 Zetec, daily driver.

Post by dan the capri fan »

thats a gorgeous early 4 speed 2.8i you haven't had it long have you lyons why you selling ?. my new interior for my capri came out of one of them capris my favourite carla check recaro's. :D
Lyons
Donator
Donator

Post by Lyons »

I've just fallen out of love mate, the metering head is beggared and i paid for a replacement which was also fooked, the only way I'd be happy is to get one of them reconditioned professionally, which is £400 I can do without spending, it just cost me so much to get it right, this is the straw that broke the camels back I'm afraid... Not quite had it a year, I never intended to sell it but with a mortgage to pay, I don't want her wasting away in my garage when she deserves to be driven and enjoyed

stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

You couldn`t as a temp measure shove a carb on it? Simple, reliable and it`d give you a vehicle you could enjoy till you had funds/will to fix injection stuff? Just a thought; you`ll miss it when it`s gone.
Lyons
Donator
Donator

Post by Lyons »

Oh I don't doubt it mate, luckily I've done a deal with a good friend, he's going to be build me a custom Royal Enfield bobber in exchange for the Capri... I'm happy it'll be going to a good home and with a bloke who I know very well

Lyons
Donator
Donator

Re: 1982 2.8i for sale again - £3200

Post by Lyons »

Back up for sale again folks

Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Lyons wrote:Back up for sale again folks
Hey Mark,

Sorry to hear that, did the sale fall through?
Look at it as message from above telling you what you need to do!! ;) :)

Good luck with the sale.

Andrew.
Last edited by Andrew 2.8i on Tue May 27, 2014 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

I'm surprised Glyn hasn't commented yet..
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Lyons
Donator
Donator

Post by Lyons »

Yea basically I did a deal with a mate Where he was gonna build me a bike and take the Capri as payment, that's fell thru now hence it being back up for sale

And yes I have no doubt it'll come back to bite me, but I've now got me mind set on gettin another bike so its definitely going lol

Lyons
Donator
Donator

Post by Lyons »