WANTED***KGF Classic Cars - Contact us with your Capri First

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
1KGF

WANTED***KGF Classic Cars - Contact us with your Capri First

Post by 1KGF »

Another stunning Capri sold to an enthusiast! We need more - please contact us first, name your price and instant decision given!

Karl
01733 425140
07976 935046
[email protected]

Image1985 Ford Capri 2.8 Special by KGF Classic Cars, on Flickr

Image1985 Ford Capri 2.8 Special by KGF Classic Cars, on Flickr

Listed and sold in 48hrs this Ford Capri 2.0 Laser. Have you a Capri to sell - Contact us first!

Image1986 Ford Capri 2.0 Laser by KGF Classic Cars, on Flickr

Here is our Capri 280 which we have now sold. Have you something similar?

ImageFord Capri 280 Brooklands by KGF Classic Cars, on Flickr

Our latest Capri acquisition, a lovely 2.8 Injection Special

Ford Capri Mk1 1600L by KGF Classic Cars, on Flickr

Hello

I am the owner of KGF Classic Cars in Peterborough. If you have a Capri to sell please contact us first.

Thanks
Karl
01733 425140
07976 935046
http://www.kgfclassiccars.co.uk

Ford Cologne Capri by KGF Classic Cars, on Flickr
Last edited by 1KGF on Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bug
Car(s): Some

Re: WANTED***KGF Classic Cars - Contact us with your Capri F

Post by Bug »

No!
340truck
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Rat - GONE
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE
Only 2 Zetec SE Fezzas left now, 1.6 ghia gone. Mk 1 Focus replaces, sticking with 1.6 Zetec SE

Post by 340truck »

Absolutely no chance whatsoever....and I'd advise other laser page members to keep well clear of companies like this.
Ghia15
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1981 3.0 Ghia (Restoration Project), 1982 2.0's (Long term project), 1993 BMW E34 520i, 1999 Volvo V70 (Sold to the Parents)

Post by Ghia15 »

If, and that is a big if, I ever sold It would be to someone who would hopefully make the car their pride and joy. Not try and turn a profit on it. ]

I will never make money on the car so why should some company be able to?

BTW the car has repaid me many times over what I have spent in pure enjoyment and experiences.
dan the capri fan
Car(s): Black 1986 Ford Capri 1.6 Laser.
Imperial Red 1983 Ford Capri 2.0S (concors winner).
Silver 2002 Ford Mondeo 1.8 Zetec, daily driver.

Post by dan the capri fan »

ive seen most of your finished cars on your youtube vids mostly old fords they are mint when you,ve finished just like new super clean cars but i would never sell my capri to you because your just out to make a profit i would sell it to someone who would look after it like i did. if i hat to sell it thats the sought of person i would sell it to.
johndavey11

Post by johndavey11 »

i know this guy and live in the same town, to be honest he is a nice chap and a genuine sort. of course he buys to make a profit, he is in business and all businesses need to make a profit!
at the end of the day, we all love our cars and want the best for them if and when the time comes to move them on. He only deals in the very best anyway.
Bug

Post by Bug »

Still no!
turbo-mike
Car(s): capri 2.8, focus van, st focus

Post by turbo-mike »

For fuck sake this guy is only tying to make a living from restoring cars and you lot are having a go at him sham on you.

Some people don't have either the time or money to restore there cars so is it not far better to sell them to some one with the knowledge and resources to bring them back and be around for years to come, and if they make some money on the back of that fucking good show to them,

When it comes to selling on our cars on all we are bothered about (some will ballshit and say I only want it to go to some one that will love it) (bollocks) is how to get the most money for it.

Next you will be having ago at places like restoford (Fantastic workman ship if I could afford there prices I would have mine restored there,) as they restore customer cars for money in essence the only difference is the cars owner bought the car first.

mike
tallant
Car(s): 1983 Ford Capri 1.6 LS
Yamaha xvs650A Dragstar
1983 Ford Granada 2.8i Ghia X
2004 Ford Mondeo 2.0 tdci

Post by tallant »

I agree with Mike, he is doing a job to rebuild a car to carry on his business to rebuild more cars. And iv have seen a Capri sold on this forum get put on ebay in under a week by the new owner for more money then he bought it not long ago, atleast he is doing something.
Sean007
Car(s): Ford capri 1.6 laser 1986
Ford capri 2.8i 1986
Ford capri 2.0s 5spd 1985

Post by Sean007 »

turbo-mike wrote:For fuck sake this guy is only tying to make a living from restoring cars and you lot are having a go at him sham on you.

Some people don't have either the time or money to restore there cars so is it not far better to sell them to some one with the knowledge and resources to bring them back and be around for years to come, and if they make some money on the back of that fucking good show to them,

When it comes to selling on our cars on all we are bothered about (some will ballshit and say I only want it to go to some one that will love it) (bollocks) is how to get the most money for it.

Next you will be having ago at places like restoford (Fantastic workman ship if I could afford there prices I would have mine restored there,) as they restore customer cars for money in essence the only difference is the cars owner bought the car first.

mike
I agree :) 100%. Business is business
Bug

Post by Bug »

Having a go??
I simply stated my answer to him. 3 words in two posts!
Don't be so reactionary.

And its still no! ;)
340truck
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Rat - GONE
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE
Only 2 Zetec SE Fezzas left now, 1.6 ghia gone. Mk 1 Focus replaces, sticking with 1.6 Zetec SE

Post by 340truck »

The fact that he is in doing it to make a profit means that the price he offers will be lower than market....as any dealer price for a car would be. That's the only reason I recommended not going to him to sell your car.

Nothing wrong with what he is doing, I didn't slag him off, just steering fellow lp'ers away so they get the best price they can for their cars. As you said yourself Mike a few years ago...."webuyanycar" put a price of £50 on your 280, don't think you'd recommend them to anyone, but they're just trying to make a profit!
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Be nice if he contributed actively to the forum as well though.
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

Why the hell would he want to after reading the majority of the previous posts!
mooneyj

Post by mooneyj »

This is like people who slate cci for expensive parts.

If you need rid of your car get in touch with him. If he gives you a price you don't agree with then don't sell.

People slate cci saying bits are expensive it's the same get a price and if it's to high walk away.

We all have choices this is another option.
-JC-
Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri 2.0 Laser
2004 Mazda RX8

Post by -JC- »

Agree with mike - it's not like the dude is buying cars for scrap metal. Cars sold to him rather than an unknown private buyer are surely less likely to meet an early demise.
"Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now."
1KGF

Post by 1KGF »

Hello all

Interesting read! I think it could be viewed as a possible option but admit selling your car to KGF Classic Cars may not suit everyone for a number of reasons which could include:

1. Not knowing who the next owner of your car is
2. Feeling you have sold the car for less than it is worth
3. You enjoy selling cars!
4. Not agreeing with a business earning a profit

There are a number of owners who sell cars to us and some of the reasons for this are:

1. Dealing with potential buyers who do not proceed with the purchase or never had any intention of buying the car!
2. Strangers viewing the car at your home address
3. Avoiding uninsured test drives
4. Avoiding the many money scams
5. Lack of time

Another option is our Commission Sale service if you are not content with our cash offer. I found this forum post from a customer we sold a car for which will give you a useful insight into the concerns and the eventual outcome.

http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/help- ... page1.html

To conclude, we love cars and our customers normally love cars too! (Please see our Facebook page to help prove this! Here is the link - http://www.facebook.com/KGFClassiccars

It would be great to hear from some Capri owners.

Best regards
Karl
Owner
http://www.kgfclassiccars.co.uk
chris_v888
Car(s): pontiac formula 400 (restoration project)

Post by chris_v888 »

yes the man has to earn a living? and if the car looks good at end of day good luck to him. my capri looks a mess at the mo?? lol but i would not sell it for any amount of money? :xd: i only have a small plate to weld on and the guy that painted it realy bad prep?? :wank: realy paint sunk and looks like its been rubed down with 40 grit paper. ill get to the end of it one day lol. got everything for it? just going to save new lether for trim long wait ha ha but thats the joy of doing it all yourself so its 50/50 dont you all think you want to do it or not and kgf want to do it and it means more old fords on the rd and so much cheeper to insure? sorry for babaleing but joy to all classic car owners just go for that drive.... :drive:
fordperv
Car(s): too many

Post by fordperv »

Everyone gotta make money and if that means someone's forgotten project is actually saved and returned to the road that's got to be a good thing hasn't it?
1KGF

Post by 1KGF »

Have a look at our latest purchase, our Capri 2.8 Injection Special. We are always interested in vehicles of similar condition. Please do consider us if you wish to sell yours!