black jps wanted

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
crapi69
Car(s): vw t25
red 2.8 special

gold 2 ltr sport mk3

black jps wanted

Post by crapi69 »

looking for the where abouts for a black jps reg: lag 986p, i believe it went to Preston as i was the one that sold it, would like to buy back if anyone knows about it, or has anyone else here got a jps for sale or pos swap for my brooky
Strigon Two
Car(s): MCC Smart Roadster Coupe

Re: black jps wanted

Post by Strigon Two »

Not sure if the JPS was Mk2 only or not, but I read somewhere recently there are fewer than 5 original JPS Capri's left in existence. (Classic Ford Mag)

Chances are it has been scrapped, broken for parts or donored by now, if you sold it more than a few years ago. Have you tried any of the Capri registers?
~ jayseatonphotography.co.uk
mooneyj

Post by mooneyj »

details are

The enquiry is complete

The vehicle details for LAG 986P are:

Date of Liability 01 02 2012
Date of First Registration 02 09 1975
Year of Manufacture 1975
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1993CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status SORN Not Due
Vehicle Colour BLACK
Vehicle Type Approval

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £112.75
12 Months Rate £205.00

looks like the car is still with us, its on a sorn by the looks of it, my first port of call would be kevin hickling at the mk2 capri register, he may know the owner and might be to pass you details on
richies2.0gl

I HAVE IT!

Post by richies2.0gl »

I own LAG986P.

I purchased the car in 2004. I got it from a guy in Castleford. It was advertised in Classic Ford mag.

It has since undergone a full nut and bolt restoration. I have not kept the car standard, it never was a matching numbers car and wasnt ever going to be good enough for concours.
It looks standard however it has fast road 205 Pinto, Type 9 Gearbox (with quickshift), Polybushes, AVO shocks, Single leafs ect.

The car has had new wings, front panel, doors, one sill, bootlid and loads of fabrication and welding. It was respayed last year in 2K and looks wonderful.

The car will be back on the road this year. Just need to refit windows, fit new headlining, fit interior, get wheels reconditioned, new tyres and get engine dialed in before MOT time!

This is a link to pics of the car. I dont have any with finished paintjob as yet but will forward some on when I get time.

http://buryretroford.19.forumer.com/vie ... 5&start=30

After 5 years of hard graft, the car unfortunatley for you is not for sale! But on a positive note, it must be a relief to know the car still exists.

Richie
richies2.0gl

Post by richies2.0gl »

Oh, and if you have any history of the car, photos, receipts ect. I would be interested as I didnt get much with the car when I got it, just an MOT and some old receipts.
Beakster
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1983 Ford Capri 2.9 24V Cosworth Injection

Post by Beakster »

I think this is the first time I have seen someone ask about one of their old Capris for it to actually still exist. And that the current owner is on here is even better. :D
crapi69
red 2.8 special

gold 2 ltr sport mk3

Post by crapi69 »

Thanks for the reply Richie , its nice to know the car is still around but if you ever decide to sell please let me know . thanks Sean
richies2.0gl

Post by richies2.0gl »

I am sure it was you I bought the car from. I will forward you some pics when I next get it out of the garage. It now lives near Norwich. Thank you, Richie.
mini
Car(s): mk3 capri 2.0 zetec laser

Post by mini »

i can also say how good the car is looking now, and the work that has gone into it has been very professional and to a very high standard, and as Ritchie's a good mate of mine, he has been the main reason why i am doing a capri my self. i am looking forward to seeing it on the road too, its going to be one mint capri.
Nick Carley
Car(s): Ford Capri Mk 1 3000 GT XLR Manual
Ford Capri Mk 11 3000 John Player Special Auto

Post by Nick Carley »

Re JPS Hi Sean Have seen photos of your old jps and know Richie well and resto has been done to a very high standard, really looking forward to seeing the finished project and to meet up at our local club Bury Retro Ford Club where we can park up with my 3000 auto black JPS reg no. KUE240P, which is currently having an engine refresh with unleaded heads and hopefully replacement ( gen ) front wings and paintwork . Cheers Nick
richies2.0gl

Post by richies2.0gl »

LAG986P is now finally finished. She looks fantastic and drives wonderfully. It went through its first MoT on Friday (with no advisories) in eight years. I am absolutley blown away by how good it looks and drives. I will post some photos when I get a spare half hour.

It will have its first official outing on Friday for my brothers wedding. I have modified the old girl, i know, but it all works so well together.

It isnt a show winning car, it never was good enough to win concours competitions, it was built to drive and enjoy, which is what an old Ford should be used for. It will NEVER go to any show on a bloody tralier!

Well Happy, Richie!
richies2.0gl

Post by richies2.0gl »

Ghia15
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1981 3.0 Ghia (Restoration Project), 1982 2.0's (Long term project), 1993 BMW E34 520i, 1999 Volvo V70 (Sold to the Parents)

Post by Ghia15 »

That is beautiful.

glad to see it still on the road.
nigecapri
Car(s): Black 2.0S with supercharged bike carbs.

Post by nigecapri »

I'm 13 years old again :D

Big credits there matey :woot:
hen137
Car(s): capri

Post by hen137 »

just in case my old jps ,is on ebay for sale.
richies2.0gl

Post by richies2.0gl »

Unfortunatley, due to financial constraints I will be selling my JPS, LAG986P in the next few months. Sean, if you want it, I will offer you first refusal.

This does not mean I will be giving it away. It has been independantly valued at £10,000 for insurance purposes and I hope to achieve a sale figure close to this.

Richard
dan the capri fan
Car(s): Black 1986 Ford Capri 1.6 Laser.
Imperial Red 1983 Ford Capri 2.0S (concors winner).
Silver 2002 Ford Mondeo 1.8 Zetec, daily driver.

Post by dan the capri fan »

thats an amazing car great job on the resto and your brother went to his wedding in style :D
richies2.0gl

Post by richies2.0gl »

Thank you Dan, I love my JPS but I cannot justify keeping it. I will find comfort in knowing that I have saved a very rare car. :crying:

My brother was made up when he first saw the car.
Craigorypeck
Car(s): Mk III Capri- 2.0 YB cossie lump with eaton blower on bike carbs. Problem... its 4000 miles away.
MK1 resto- 2.3 Turbo or Charger, both probably
Chevy Cobalt

Post by Craigorypeck »

thats one nice motor! come on crapi69 get in there!
:spam:
crapi69
red 2.8 special

gold 2 ltr sport mk3

Post by crapi69 »

It's looking good ! Can you PM me with a contact no so we can talk ?
Thanks
Sean