2.0 Laser modified - NOW SOLD

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
CAEDES

2.0 Laser modified - NOW SOLD

Post by CAEDES »

I'm having to sell my 2.0, as I need the room and funds for the other two I have stashed in the garage...I'm finding I don't have time to drive her as much as I'd like, so thought I'd let someone else give her a good home.

I'm looking for somewhere in the region of £1950, but I'm open to offers.

Anyway, advert below:

Ford capri 1986
2.0 Laser, Modified
12 Mths MOT

Modifications:

Engine: unleaded cylinder head (polished and ported), Kent FR32 cam, Sportex (Peter LLoyd) tubular exhaust manifold and sports system, K&N air filter.

Chasis: front strut brace, lowered and uprated front springs, single rear leaf springs, axle location kit.

Exerior: RGA bodykit, Ally Cat alloy wheels with brand new 205/60/13 Marshal Power Racer-II tyres (not even done 1 mile), debadged front grille.

Interior: mk2 Ghia door cards and rear seats, Alfa Romeo leather front seats, Mountney steering wheel, leather gear knob.

Entertainment: CD player with MP3, SD and USB compatibility, four 6x9 speakers, stealth shelf for rear speakers.

Security: alarm with microwave and ultrasonic sensing, remote central locking and immobiliser.

Pictures:

Last edited by CAEDES on Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CAEDES

Re: 2.0 Laser modified

Post by CAEDES »

Sorry, but the only reason I'm selling up is that I have too many cars...I'm up to four now, so need the room. The Laser is weekend fun and I have a daily run around, so really couldn't justify a Mondeo.

I am open to offers, but like I say, I really need to cut back on the number of cars I have....especially with tax and insurance these days!
Asphaltrisin'

Post by Asphaltrisin' »

That looks like a very nice car. Have you got another picture of it at the front maybe from a lower angle?
CAEDES

Post by CAEDES »

I do have one somewhere, but I'm at work at the mo....and the pics are on my home pc :roll: ....I'll post one tonight when I get in.

Anything specific you're looking for?
Asphaltrisin'

Post by Asphaltrisin' »

i'd just like to see a photo of the front from a bit further away and at maybe a flatter angle, and maybe a further away shot of the whole car to see how she sits. Would much apreciate it. Lookin for a new vehicle at moment after my last toy got burned out. this capri is lookin nice, nicer than any of the over priced wrecks over here in ireland by a long shot anyway. at the moment this and a mk2 2litre ghia have caught my eye
CAEDES

Post by CAEDES »

Yeah, I've heard about the Irish price hike on old fords. Must drive you guys mad!

Anyway, I'll try to dig some out and get some more taken this evening.
CAEDES

Post by CAEDES »

Hopefully this is something like what you were hoping for.....

Asphaltrisin'

Post by Asphaltrisin' »

great stuff thanks, i'll have a look at thes e properly now. exactly what i was thinking of when i asked.

yeah the price of some of the stuff here is INSANE, some stuff still to be got at reasonable value but there's quite a few guys makin a killing rippin people off... shame they're willing to pay it, seriously though you guys in the UK dont know how good ye have it in comparison, especially with things like insurance and tax
Asphaltrisin'

Post by Asphaltrisin' »

good pics, meant to say that already, car is lookin very nice. what part of the country are you in?
CAEDES

Post by CAEDES »

I'm over in Hull, East Yorkshire, so it couldn't really be much further away. lol.

I'll be completely honest with the car and say you shouldn't be hoping for concourse. After all, it is over twenty years old and does get used, but has been well looked after. There's the odd blemish on the bodywork, with the odd bubble under the paint, but nothing particularly noticeable. I think it may have had some restoration work in the past, that I think has been done well. Also, the front seats have a spot of wear on the bolsters. This could be me being too harsh on it, as I get to spend a lot more time with it than most, but I do get a lot of people in the local area amazed at the condition...even had some guys at a local show saying I should take it out of the car park and enter it, as it was in better nick than the stuff there.
Asphaltrisin'

Post by Asphaltrisin' »

yeah thats pretty much on the wrong side but that's not the end of the world really.
in fairness to you though, it's not concourse that im after, nice condition and in good motoring order to be put on the road and driven is what i need
CAEDES

Post by CAEDES »

Well, this could be pretty much ideal for you....(not that I'm trying to sell the car or anything :lol: )...but, in fairness, she's never once let me down...always hop in and go...and she's in nice condition, but not so nice that you can't enjoy a drive without worrying about polishing. She's very sound on the mechanical front. The MOT guy was very positive about it (and said she was a solid old girl and that he enjoyed working on a proper car for a change ;) ). It's great for a weekend blast, but I have used it without any problem as an occasional daily driver and on long motorway journeys. My partner was based in Kent for a while, so it's done a few trips down there, plus over to Stafford and Leeds, oh and up to Darlington for the Up North show...always very competent and a good drive.

Oh, as a little bonus, I've just put a fresh six months tax on....the last one ran out yesterday.
CAEDES

Post by CAEDES »

Now on ebay
aaronkill
Car(s): Black 2.0 Laser (Project)
Red 2.0 laser (Daily Driver)

Post by aaronkill »

Hi, have you still got the car?
Id be very interested in having a look at it, do you have a contact no. I could ring u on?

Aaron
Asphaltrisin'

Post by Asphaltrisin' »

back online and just pm'd you
Asphaltrisin'

Post by Asphaltrisin' »

thanks for the reply, hope you get the next pm i've sent, if not i'll have to copy and paste it to here or somethin. it seems to be stuck in outbox at moment and doesnt look like it has actually sent
CAEDES

Post by CAEDES »

CAR NOW SOLD