Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Interesting.....

Postby Jasonmarie » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:11 pm

Slotmags that’s it I would have spent years trying to guess the name , they were the wheels to have in the 70s and 80s
Yes agree with you Andrew they do look nice on the car .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

andyd
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4

Postby andyd » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:16 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Jasonmarie wrote: The wheels look very retro would they be something bought back in the day ?

Yes, people would have fitted slotmags back then. They suit this car down to the ground and, in my opinion, they look better than the wheels on the car in the Ebay listing.

Andrew.

:agree: great looking wheels especially on Capri and Muscle Cars :D

Don't think Nick will agree that they look better than the 4 spokes :whistle:

Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Postby Jasonmarie » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:00 pm

Yes as the eBay picture looks like it has a set of Nicks Wheels on but your picture as you say has the “ Slotmags” on which I do prefer on the Mk1 .

But Nicks wheels do look good on the Mk3 .

Sort of topic as I said or wrote the word “ Slotmags” a flash of lighting lit up the room with a clamp of thunder a few seconds later , almost felt like a 70s tv advert back in the day selling cars . :beer:

andyd

Postby andyd » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:09 am

I like it with the 4 spokes too :)
Even though it's running gear is mainly Rover and later Capri parts, it's still an old car and getting some of the Mk1 parts if required will be hard and possibly expensive now :roll: :(

I would love it.....It would definitely scratch my V8 itch :drive:

Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Postby Jasonmarie » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:28 pm

Would you swap the Sierra for the V8 Capri ?

Good question to everybody really what would we swap our Capri / classic cars for .......?

Would I Myself swap ,is and perhaps why I have posted the question is in truth I really don’t think I could .

andyd

Postby andyd » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:46 pm

Jasonmarie wrote:Would you swap the Sierra for the V8 Capri ?

Good question to everybody really what would we swap our Capri / classic cars for .......?

Would I Myself swap ,is and perhaps why I have posted the question is in truth I really don’t think I could .

I've had the V8 thing for a long time, but will I ever get one :? Had a Stag years ago....V8 Capri would be great, but some cars speak to you and make more sense than others. An XR8 would be good, but very rare!
MG ZT 260, TVR Chimaera, Mustang all nice cars but they can also be a major expense if/when they go wrong :roll:

Mine has had a small fortune spent on it the last 18 months and now is pretty sorted and running well. With 99.9% original paint (so many little marks etc as you would expect), in theory it's a long term keeper....A R/H Drive V8 Mustang within the next 10 years would be nice though :D (They are way too bloody expensive atm) :lol:

You only live once so have what you want if you have the £££ :cheers:

Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Fiesta mK2 pop plus, Skoda Octavia VRS, Rover SD1 Vitesse.

Postby Paul G » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:03 pm

I had the V8 "thing" a few years ago and as a result have a Rover SD1 Vitesse been sitting in my garage for the last 14 years. Now I just want to drag it out, get it going and sell it.

Always fancied a Vauxhall VXR8, drove a Holden HSV version in Australia and it was a complete animal. A lot of fun but the fuel gauge moved quicker than the rev counter!

andyd

Postby andyd » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:34 pm

Paul G wrote:I had the V8 "thing" a few years ago and as a result have a Rover SD1 Vitesse been sitting in my garage for the last 14 years. Now I just want to drag it out, get it going and sell it.

Always fancied a Vauxhall VXR8, drove a Holden HSV version in Australia and it was a complete animal. A lot of fun but the fuel gauge moved quicker than the rev counter!

A mate has a SD1 in his front garden, and a couple of smaller engined Rovers elsewhere.

Those VXR8s are serious power, and probably way too much for our speed limits :shock: I found 300hp plenty, and only ever a heavy right foot away from points on the licence :doh:

I like the lazy burble and torque of a V8 not tons of horse power.

Return to “Cars For Sale/Wanted”