Fuel Sender Unit

Capri Parts For Sale and Wanted
Chris82
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0S in white

Fuel Sender Unit

Post by Chris82 »

Looking for a fuel sender unit for 2.0S if anyone has one? Just replaced my leaking fuel tank to find the sender now leaks as well - not happy! I know new they are £135ish but hoping to find something a bit cheaper after shelling out for a new tank, exhaust, bushings and numerous other parts.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Re: Fuel Sender Unit

Post by Peter-S »

When you say the sender leaks has it rusted through or do you actually need a new rubber seal?
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Chris82

Post by Chris82 »

I put on a new rubber seal when I replaced the tank, as I thought that will leak if I didn't replace it....... It's actually leaking from around the return pipe where it attaches to the main body of the unit. Lets just say the tank was painted and looked great underneath when it should have been scrapped and the same appears true of the sender. Not happy as didn't expect to have to shell out on these bits when I bought the car.
Mr B
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Four 3 litre Capri's and 2 Mark 1 GXL's

Post by Mr B »

That's the joy of old car's I'm afraid, when you buy a second hand car especially a very old car like a Capri you automatically become a cleaner - You clean up year's and year's of other people's shit only you don't get a salary for it!

Wayne
If an honest man is wrong and after demonstrating that he is wrong he either stops being wrong or stops being honest
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Mr B wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:23 pm That's the joy of old car's I'm afraid, when you buy a second hand car especially a very old car like a Capri you automatically become a cleaner - You clean up year's and year's of other people's shit only you don't get a salary for it!

Wayne
:agree:
You fix one issue then another comes along :( Very frustrating, but best to buy new parts if you can that way you hopefully fix things for good :cool:

Admittedly service items etc can't be helped, but in parts and labour I've put approx 3k into mine in less than 2 years and it wasn't a cheap car :? But I keep telling myself the car is improving with every job :)

Luckily there are still a few good places to buy new and used parts :cheers:
Chris82

Post by Chris82 »

Yes it's a labour of love I guess as they say. Just as you tick one job off the list another seems to go on it!
alanfeast
Car(s): 1981 2.0GL Auto (daily driver, owned from new) and 1987 280 Auto (owned from 97)

Post by alanfeast »

Still looking for a sender? I have an original one I've kept as a spare for ages - make an offer? Cheers, Alan.