Factory 2.0 pinto cam cover wanted

Capri Parts For Sale and Wanted
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

Factory 2.0 pinto cam cover wanted

Post by Brooksy »

Hi all, does anyone have a standard Ford cam cover, for a 1986 2.0 laser?
I want to correctly reinstate the original airbox and support brackets/screws. To do this, I need the correct cover that has the 2 necessary holes on the side (like the one in the photo below).

Thanks
Nige Image
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Factory 2.0 pinto cam cover wanted

Post by Jasonmarie »

Brooksy wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:41 pm Hi all, does anyone have a standard Ford cam cover, for a 1986 2.0 laser?
I want to correctly reinstate the original airbox and support brackets/screws. To do this, I need the correct cover that has the 2 necessary holes on the side (like the one in the photo below).

Thanks
I have been looking mate I also put a ad in the Capri international magazine in the wanted section .
Somebody must have one .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Brooksy
Donator
Donator

Post by Brooksy »

Thanks so much Jason. Top man. :cheers:
Nige Image
Mk3 Mags
Car(s): 2.0 Laser (semi-retired)

Post by Mk3 Mags »

https://www.classicpartsshack.co.uk/sto ... 20739.html

Good chap. I've bought a few things from him over the years.
Brooksy
Donator
Donator

Post by Brooksy »

Thanks Mk3 Mags. Really appreciate but it's not the right one unfortunately as it's missing the 2 airbox screw bracket holes.
Nige Image
Mk3 Mags
Car(s): 2.0 Laser (semi-retired)

Post by Mk3 Mags »

Oh bum. It's always the same with these Ford parts. So many variations.

There was another rocker cover on eBay tonight, said to be new but unfortunately painted blue. Don't know if that was the right one.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Brooksy wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:41 pm Hi all, does anyone have a standard Ford cam cover, for a 1986 2.0 laser?

Thanks
I'm 99% sure that I have this rocker cover on the GL at the moment if you'd want it?

Its an '81 so has the earlier thinner/narrower lip type though as opposed to later rocker covers with the wider edge?

If it's of interest let me know :)
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Brooksy
Donator
Donator

Post by Brooksy »

Hi Danny

Hope you're well.

Thanks for your reply and offer. Ideally, I want the correct lip/edge type one that should be on mine. I'll bear yours in mind though and let you know. I can't believe how rare they seem to be!

Cheers.

I'm 99% sure that I have this rocker cover on the GL at the moment if you'd want it?

Its an '81 so has the earlier thinner/narrower lip type though as opposed to later rocker covers with the wider edge?

If it's of interest let me know :)
[/quote]
Nige Image
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Brooksy wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:18 pm Hi Danny

Hope you're well.

Thanks for your reply and offer. Ideally, I want the correct lip/edge type one that should be on mine. I'll bear yours in mind though and let you know. I can't believe how rare they seem to be!

Cheers.

No worries, I know - it almost seems that they were an optional choice there's so few!
Inevitably whoever has one will end up charging RS/Mexico/AVO prices for it :lol:

The offer is there though, I've checked and mine does have those brackets to fit the original air box on and I'm not bothered about changing mine if you would rather have it - As long as I can get a replacement one that fits I'm not worried and you're welcome to mine

Cheers
Danny
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
Brooksy
Donator
Donator

Post by Brooksy »

D366Y wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 2:40 pm
Brooksy wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:18 pm Hi Danny

Hope you're well.

Cheers.
No worries, I know - it almost seems that they were an optional choice there's so few!
Inevitably whoever has one will end up charging RS/Mexico/AVO prices for it :lol:

The offer is there though, I've checked and mine does have those brackets to fit the original air box on and I'm not bothered about changing mine if you would rather have it - As long as I can get a replacement one that fits I'm not worried and you're welcome to mine

Cheers
Danny

Cheers Danny, it maybe that I do end up going for yours. I will let you know soon. PM me with price and a pic, if that's ok.

ATB
Nige Image
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Danny, if you need a rocker cover I've got one you can have for nothing. It's a later wide gasket one and you will need to get the larger bolts/washers to fit it. I think it's a Sierra one with the baffle under the filler cap hole.

Anyway, it's yours if you want it.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Paul G wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:25 pm Danny, if you need a rocker cover I've got one you can have for nothing. It's a later wide gasket one and you will need to get the larger bolts/washers to fit it. I think it's a Sierra one with the baffle under the filler cap hole.

Anyway, it's yours if you want it.
Thanks Paul, very generous!
My cover on the GL still works OK, but will take you up on that if Nige decides he wants it - also for free

We can do a three way swap :lol:

Cheers