Wanted

Capri Parts For Sale and Wanted
Jims capri
Car(s): Capri 2.8

Wanted

Post by Jims capri »

Anyone have a set or front set of genuine ford rubber mats , the waffle kind for a mk 3 Capri cheers :beer:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Wanted

Post by Jasonmarie »

A new set sold on eBay a few years ago for £800 so wishing you the best of luck :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Jims capri

Post by Jims capri »

Crazy prices , I can remember buying a set for my new 2.8 back in the day for £28 in the dealership , wished I’d kept them now :doh:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Jims capri wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:13 pm Crazy prices , I can remember buying a set for my new 2.8 back in the day for £28 in the dealership , wished I’d kept them now :doh:
Yes I remember that as well , prices have gone threw the roof it’s like parcel shelfs and radios .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Mk3 Mags
Car(s): 2.0 Laser (semi-retired)

Post by Mk3 Mags »

Best of luck. They're very difficult to find these days. But they do occasionally come up on places like eBay. I'll let you know if I spot any.

I remember when we bought our car brand new we tried to persuade the dealership to throw in a full set for free but they wouldn't give in. We eventually paid £20 for the four.
Jims capri

Post by Jims capri »

“”Best of luck. They're very difficult to find these days. But they do occasionally come up on places like eBay. I'll let you know if I spot any.””

Thank you :cool:
Mk3 Mags

Post by Mk3 Mags »

You may think I don’t know what I’m talking about but in my experience you sometimes just get lucky – like the time I bid on a pair of NOS genuine TCAs and got them unopposed for £20 when people were asking three figures for them. They are now on the car and doing a splendid job. And the time I got an absolutely mint front valance for £420. It came up on eBay and like a fool I ummed and ahed until it disappeared. Luckily there had been no bids so when it reappeared I got in there quick. There was only one other bid. It is now on a friend’s car.

Admittedly there were more parts around in those days so don’t expect to get what you want any time soon.
Mk3 Mags

Post by Mk3 Mags »

There's a pair of genuine front mats in the May CCI magazine but at £95 second hand I doubt you'd be interested.
atomic4
Car(s): Ford Capri V8 Twin turbo.
W reg black 3ltr S

Post by atomic4 »

New interior ford rubber mats...........like hens teeth.

Good luck. 👍👍
Jims capri

Post by Jims capri »

Just seen this , I’m not a member of cci so I guess they will be gone by now
Lord Flasheart
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia

Post by Lord Flasheart »

Brand new pair still in the Ford bags just went for £215 this week on the bay of thieves :shock: