2.8i complete exhaust system wanted

Capri Parts For Sale and Wanted
rumone

2.8i complete exhaust system wanted

Post by rumone »

hello!iam after a full stainless exhaust system for my 2,8i .would like manifolds as well if possible!
if not a standard system will do!
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: 2.8i complete exhaust system wanted

Post by andyd »

rumone wrote:hello!iam after a full stainless exhaust system for my 2,8i .would like manifolds as well if possible
Last I heard Janspeed are only making systems to bulk order now. Don't think anyone does a stainless manifold.....
Longlife or Powerflow Custom made would be an option but will cost.

Good solution https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sportex-Ford ... :rk:4:pf:1

:goodluck:
Daz-RSK
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.8i Special

Post by Daz-RSK »

As Andy has said, there aren't many suppliers around. But I had a powerflow fitted to mine - which is good. Longlife will certainly help as well.

Or Sportex as off the shelf.

I was advised (or saw advice) not to fit stainless manifolds. Heat dissipation is an issue with stainless, apparently. Therefore they stay hotter. It's only what I saw / read, not something I know 1st hand.

In fairness though, when I saw some stainless branch manifiolds for sale, they are hugely expensive. Are they worth the cost ? Given road splash / damp / water trapment is unlikely at/in a manifold / downpipe area, I would say that there is nothing extra gained that you get from a stainless set up that far up the pipe.
rumone

Post by rumone »

cheers for that info everyone!think standard may be better!had an ashley system on my last 2.8 but it was awful!are sportex any better?
andyd

Post by andyd »

rumone wrote:cheers for that info everyone!think standard may be better!had an ashley system on my last 2.8 but it was awful!are sportex any better?
Recent thread viewtopic.php?f=10&t=52614
They do sound good when fitted.
petekil
Car(s): 1984 Capri 2.8i special - bog standard but nice.
Tired but reliable and useful Vauxhall Astra diesel van.

Post by petekil »

Hi,
Give these guys a ring Roadrunner Motorsport on 0115 9781173
They managed to supply me with a full stainless steel Janspeed system plus a pair of Janspeed tubular manifolds (mild steel not stainless) for my B reg 2.8i although not exactly cheap at £800 :o you get what you pay for and once it's done it's done !

I am more than happy with it and the sound is awesome, deep meaty growl but not too much to give you a headache on long trips. I sourced all the other bits needed i.e new hanger rubbers, manifold studs etc from the club at a reasonable cost.

Unless your pretty handy and have access to a ramp / lift I would look at getting a trusted mechanic to fit it as it's one of those jobs that just isn't quite as easy or simple as it looks on paper.
I am a big fan of keeping my Capri as standard as possible but this is definitely one mod/upgrade that I would recommend.

Hope you get sorted and let us know how you get on.

Cheers, Pete K
andyd

Post by andyd »

petekil wrote:Hi,
Give these guys a ring Roadrunner Motorsport on 0115 9781173
They managed to supply me with a full stainless steel Janspeed system plus a pair of Janspeed tubular manifolds (mild steel not stainless) for my B reg 2.8i although not exactly cheap at £800 :o you get what you pay for and once it's done it's done !

I am more than happy with it and the sound is awesome, deep meaty growl but not too much to give you a headache on long trips. I sourced all the other bits needed i.e new hanger rubbers, manifold studs etc from the club at a reasonable cost.

Unless your pretty handy and have access to a ramp / lift I would look at getting a trusted mechanic to fit it as it's one of those jobs that just isn't quite as easy or simple as it looks on paper.
I am a big fan of keeping my Capri as standard as possible but this is definitely one mod/upgrade that I would recommend.

Hope you get sorted and let us know how you get on.

Cheers, Pete K
Janspeed told me Roadrunner no longer stock Janspeed systems, you have to buy direct 01722 321833.

:agree: Great system although not cheap.....
Bod9084
Car(s): I have got a 1981 3000s and I have just got my self
A 1987 2.8i thay are both red
I had my first capri when I was 17" it was a 3000GTXLR
I have had a lot of fast fords vans all ways put bigger engine in
I also have had motor bikes I have a 1200 Suzuki bandit

Post by Bod9084 »

Hi I have a pair off nelly new that where on the car for 3 months a pair of kidney box’s make me a offer you you are interested thanks mark
chris_v888
Car(s): pontiac formula 400 (restoration project)

Post by chris_v888 »

there used to be a guy that used to have a garage in Mitch and he is called tinos and his name is Martin he builds hot rods and custom cars and will make you a complete exhaust even manifolds you will have to look him up as not got his no anymore hope it helps