Mk3 stripped!

Capri Parts For Sale and Wanted
Devoncapri
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:03 pm
Car(s): 84 mk3 Ford Capri project

Mk3 stripped!

Postby Devoncapri » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:16 am

84 mk3 Capri that has been stripped to the shell! One day hope to rebuild but most part for sake as not to be re used!
Ask and I might have!
Bits I can list are

2l pinto (big end bearing gone)
Type 9 gearbox working
Grey recarro seats
2 sets of wheels, one standard laser set (I think)
Others I believe are the 7 spoke alloys

But message me and ask and I will try and help with pics etc!

NathanPrince
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:08 pm
Car(s): 1986 2.0 Laser

Re: Mk3 stripped!

Postby NathanPrince » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 am

Which recaro seats do you have?

Thanks

Devoncapri
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:03 pm
Car(s): 84 mk3 Ford Capri project

Re: Mk3 stripped!

Postby Devoncapri » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:25 am

NathanPrince wrote:Which recaro seats do you have?

Thanks


I think from looking online they are the two tone grey reactor seats, I’m no Capri expert so you will have to excuse that but can get pics of anything in eves!

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11843
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Mk3 stripped!

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:34 am

Devoncapri wrote:I think from looking online they are the two tone grey reactor seats,

You mean like these?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-CAPRI-S ... 7675.l2557

Andrew.
Image

Devoncapri
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:03 pm
Car(s): 84 mk3 Ford Capri project

Re: Mk3 stripped!

Postby Devoncapri » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:38 am

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Devoncapri wrote:I think from looking online they are the two tone grey reactor seats,

You mean like these?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-CAPRI-S ... 7675.l2557

Andrew.

Yes Andrew not as good condition but I’ll get some pictures tonight!

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11843
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Mk3 stripped!

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:40 am

Devoncapri wrote: Yes Andrew not as good condition but I’ll get some pictures tonight!

Just to clear up any confusion, they are usually referred to as "shark grey", as in the Ebay listing.
Have you thought about how much you are selling them for?

Andrew.
Image

Essexsoulboy
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:37 am
Car(s): Capri 280

Re: Mk3 stripped!

Postby Essexsoulboy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:42 am

Does it have rear seat belts?? I'm after the small square plastic trims that clip onto the rear seat belt housings....thanks

Devoncapri
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:03 pm
Car(s): 84 mk3 Ford Capri project

Re: Mk3 stripped!

Postby Devoncapri » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:51 am

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Devoncapri wrote: Yes Andrew not as good condition but I’ll get some pictures tonight!

Just to clear up any confusion, they are usually referred to as "shark grey", as in the Ebay listing.
Have you thought about how much you are selling them for?

Andrew.


Ah cool, thanks for the info, price not A clue, will look at condition tonight and have think! I’m really an amateur with all this so will do best to help

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5518
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Mk3 stripped!

Postby andyd » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:34 pm

Devoncapri....Are you also in Devon? If so which area?

Andy

Devoncapri
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:03 pm
Car(s): 84 mk3 Ford Capri project

Re: Mk3 stripped!

Postby Devoncapri » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:51 pm

andyd wrote:Devoncapri....Are you also in Devon? If so which area?

Andy


Yes Andy, I’m in kingsbridge area!

Devoncapri
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:03 pm
Car(s): 84 mk3 Ford Capri project

Re: Mk3 stripped!

Postby Devoncapri » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:08 pm

Essexsoulboy wrote:Does it have rear seat belts?? I'm after the small square plastic trims that clip onto the rear seat belt housings....thanks


Will let you know tonight as goin to take pics!

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5518
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Mk3 stripped!

Postby andyd » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:22 pm

Devoncapri wrote:
andyd wrote:Devoncapri....Are you also in Devon? If so which area?

Andy


Yes Andy, I’m in kingsbridge area!

Not too far from me and Nige in Exeter area then :wave:

Devoncapri
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:03 pm
Car(s): 84 mk3 Ford Capri project

Re: Mk3 stripped!

Postby Devoncapri » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:24 pm

andyd wrote:
Devoncapri wrote:
andyd wrote:Devoncapri....Are you also in Devon? If so which area?

Andy


Yes Andy, I’m in kingsbridge area!

Not too far from me and Nige in Exeter area then :wave:


Ah nice one, either of you need anything off a mk3?!

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5518
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Mk3 stripped!

Postby andyd » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:27 pm

Devoncapri wrote:
andyd wrote:
Devoncapri wrote:
Yes Andy, I’m in kingsbridge area!

Not too far from me and Nige in Exeter area then :wave:


Ah nice one, either of you need anything off a mk3?!

Not personally thanks, Nige might when he sees this though...

:goodluck:

User avatar
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:58 pm
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

Re: Mk3 stripped!

Postby Brooksy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:38 pm

Devoncapri wrote:
andyd wrote:
Devoncapri wrote:
Yes Andy, I’m in kingsbridge area!

Not too far from me and Nige in Exeter area then :wave:


Ah nice one, either of you need anything off a mk3?!

Hi

I'll PM you of that's OK.

Cheers
NigeImage

Mk3CortinaCapri
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:56 pm
Car(s): 1971 Mk3 Cortina 2.0 GT
1986 Capri 2.0 Laser
2018 Fiesta
2016 Mondeo 1.5 turbo Titanium X

Re: Mk3 stripped!

Postby Mk3CortinaCapri » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:01 pm

Would you have a square air filter box with the mounting brackets and the rocker cover all from a 2lt ?

Devoncapri
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:03 pm
Car(s): 84 mk3 Ford Capri project

Re: Mk3 stripped!

Postby Devoncapri » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:31 pm

Mk3CortinaCapri wrote:Would you have a square air filter box with the mounting brackets and the rocker cover all from a 2lt ?


Not sure bout air filter box, got rocker cover but just want to sell engine as one without taking apart!

Devoncapri
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:03 pm
Car(s): 84 mk3 Ford Capri project

Re: Mk3 stripped!

Postby Devoncapri » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:32 pm

Essexsoulboy wrote:Does it have rear seat belts?? I'm after the small square plastic trims that clip onto the rear seat belt housings....thanks


Hi I have all the seat belts and what goes with them but would want to sell them all together