Wanted - Bumper Over Rider

Capri Parts For Sale and Wanted
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Wanted - Bumper Over Rider

Post by Paul G »

Hi Guys

Has anyone got a surplus over rider (front for a MK3 )they would sell me? Just want a cheapie and it doesn't have to be anything special so long as the studded thread on the back is still there.

Cheers Paul.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Re: Wanted - Bumper Over Rider

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi Paul.

I am certain that I have one mate. I will dig it out tomorro and check it over for you. Dont want any money from you fella. You given me loads of great advice. When I dig it out I will pm you for your address.

All the best Paul

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

It would be great if you had one Nick, much appreciated.

Paul.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

pm sent to you Paul :)
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:Hi Paul.

I am certain that I have one mate. I will dig it out tomorro and check it over for you. Dont want any money from you fella.
Star man :)
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

CORE what a gent, might have to PLUG up some business with nicks spares .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

pbar wrote:Star man :)
Very kind of you too say Paul :)

Ever since I joined this forum I have had nothing but regular excellent help and advice which has been invaluable, not to mention the encouragement and support and friendships, so if I can give back in any way its a pleasure. I have met Paul G a couple of times now and he's a great guy who always has great advice to give here, as yourself too Paul amongst the many others here.

In fact I still remember my first ever post on this forum asking advice about Vaseline and you were the first member to respond...I still use the Vaseline mate :o :wave: :lol:

Sorry must go now as someone is at the front door...thinks its Jason who has come to look through my garage spares... :o must scarper...:burnout:
Jasonmarie wrote:CORE what a gent, might have to PLUG up some business with nicks spares .

:lol: :lol: :lol:
pbar

Post by pbar »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:I still remember my first ever post on this forum asking advice about Vaseline and you were the first member to respond...I still use the Vaseline mate :o :wave: :lol:
Hehe, I still use it too Nick, but let's keep that to ourselves :)
Paul G

Post by Paul G »

I would like to publicly thank Nick for his generosity and kind comments.

I do feel that the (regular users anyway) of this forum are a large community of like minded people and I'm honoured to now be part of it. Yes, I will help any of you in any which way that I can and I know that would be reciprocated.

Further, I'm really looking forward to meeting the rest of you in person at some time. I've met a few of the members (Nick, John, Peter, and course Danny who lives in my town and went to the same school as me!) plus a few others through my membership of Surrey Club and all to a man (or woman ) have been lovely people. It's a big difference from when I owned an MGB; the local club were like a clique of stuffed shirts and because my car had the rubber bumpers they looked even further down their noses at me. Toffee nosed :wank: the lot of them!

My Laser is on the home straight as far as being roadworthy and I hope to get out and about more later in the year and perhaps catch up with a few more of you.

Sincerely, Paul.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Good comments Paul.
:agree: This forum is a great one, and I for one don't mind giving items away to members that are of no use to me :cheers: and everyone i've met so far has been pleasant too (Well almost everyone) :lol: :lol:

Some members on other forums can appear ignorant and often won't reply if you aren't part of the 'in crowd' :?
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

pbar wrote:but let's keep that to ourselves :)
Ermmm.....think its a bit too late for that Paul :doh: :lol:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

andyd wrote: I for one don't mind giving items away to members that are of no use to me
I still have those great beer towels you gave me Andy to protect my dash in the sun. Think I will copy John's great idea and stitch them all together to make one long dash protector :cheers:

Disclaimer : If anyone has been mislead in thinking that I will actually stitch these together myself rather than Mrs Fordoholic Nick :) this was in no way intended and I cannot be held responsible.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Paul G wrote:I do feel that the (regular users anyway) of this forum are a large community of like minded people and I'm honoured to now be part of it. Yes, I will help any of you in any which way that I can and I know that would be reciprocated.
Well said Paul :applaud:
Paul G wrote:My Laser is on the home straight as far as being roadworthy and I hope to get out and about more later in the year and perhaps catch up with a few more of you.
This is brilliant news Paul :woot:

Cant wait to see your Laser mate :)
andyd

Post by andyd »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
andyd wrote: I for one don't mind giving items away to members that are of no use to me
I still have those great beer towels you gave me Andy to protect my dash in the sun. Think I will copy John's great idea and stitch them all together to make one long dash protector :cheers:

Disclaimer : If anyone has been mislead in thinking that I will actually stitch these together myself rather than Mrs Fordoholic Nick :) this was in no way intended and I cannot be held responsible.
I'd forgotten about the beer towels Nick....
Good idea stitching them together, and I'm sure Mrs F will do it for you when shes done the washing up and ironing :whistle: :lol: :wave:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

andyd wrote: I'm sure Mrs F will do it for you when shes done the washing up and ironing :whistle: :lol: :wave:
:agree: .... :) ...:oops: ....she's just coming in now... :shock: ...must go Andy... :wave: ... :burnout:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
andyd wrote: I'm sure Mrs F will do it for you when shes done the washing up and ironing :whistle: :lol: :wave:
:agree: .... :) ...:oops: ....she's just coming in now... :shock: ...must go Andy... :wave: ... :burnout:
:sorry: Nick, didn't try and stitch you up there or needle Mrs F, just making a point on this thread :woot: :wave:
pbar

Post by pbar »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Another option Nick - you know those mats you bought, well the guy you got them from will cut any size any shape from that rubber material, you could always get him to cut a bespoke dash top cover if you give him the sizes, would look spot on that would. It would be cheap too, the mats are a great price.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

andyd wrote::sorry: Nick, didn't try and stitch you up there or needle Mrs F, just making a point on this thread :woot: :wave:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Andy you musy stop your 'bumblebunching' right now fella and 'button hole' up !! You are a very 'prickly' charactor indeed. Mrs F will be very 'cross stiched' if she sees this. 'Pleats' dont get me into any 'darn' trouble or i will feel the wrath of her 'long arm stitching' as its a bit of a 'raw edge' subject and she will give me a proper good 'whipstitching' so this has to be an 'end off' this Andy. I hope you 'understitch' what I mean mate otherwise she will 'unpick' me piece by piece or worse still 'snip' of my 'whoopsadaisy' if she gets really 'crazy stitching' :shock: :shock: :wave: :)
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

pbar wrote:Another option Nick - you know those mats you bought, well the guy you got them from will cut any size any shape from that rubber material, you could always get him to cut a bespoke dash top cover if you give him the sizes, would look spot on that would. It would be cheap too, the mats are a great price.
Hi Paul.

This is a great option mate. Thanks for your idea mate. Did not think of this. I will see how it goes with the beer towels first then will deffo get onto him if I decide to go down this route. Yep his mats are remarkable value for their quality. I have two sets from him. A rubber and cloth set. The quality really is spot on on both. Its so hard trying to find bespoke rubber mats for the Capri yet alone cloth ones. Looking forward to fitting them for the shies I attend. I got two to choose from :)

Cheers Paul

All the best

Nick
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:In fact I still remember my first ever post on this forum
Ah, the "contact jism" thread! :D

Andrew.