Wanted! S/S exhaust! Possible janspeed!

Capri Parts For Sale and Wanted
Arnoldhar
Car(s): 2.0l mk3

Re: Wanted! S/S exhaust! Possible janspeed!

Post by Arnoldhar »

am looking to keep the car until I drop dead so seems to make sense to invest in one but I am just a tad surprised the mildly insane cost of a manifold :lol:
I totally agree it’s a lot of money you could always do it in stages, manifold the main ect , these people may also be worth. try http://flowtechexhausts.co.uk

I am still using the case manifold
Have you fitted that Andrew ? Also I was out in mine but got stuck at the road works just before long field hill and i thought I saw the rear end of a black Capri but when I got to meopam it had gone ? But it was a long long way so could have been anything .
Yes Jason all fitted and perfect
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

I think I'll have to keep the current manifold then and go stainless from that back... I'm sure I will update accordingly!

Cheers for the help though guys :)
Danny
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Sorry Dan just that I noted that you said the CCI exhaust has only lasted a few years did you have The manifold that come with it as I would love a stainless exhaust like the CCI one as the sound is just right but if they only last a few years perhaps I should start looking now as mine will be 3 years old next year ?

Also really sorry but I have been looking at the twin exhaust the club does for the 2.0 but worry it might sound rubbish . Has anybody done this ?

Keep us posted Dan as I am watching
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Hi Jason, yes I have the full CCI/Sportex kit (they are the same thing) and I got through one manifold in about 5(ish) years so am wary that they don't last forever, the one that I had to replace had rusted from the inside so nothing I could do about it really, but I will keep you updated with what happens but so far looking at the cost for the manifold I might just have to leave it as is for now and get the rest of the exhaust stainless; Like Andrew said, it's surprisingly expensive compared to the V6 janspeeds!

I'm also worried I'll lose my 'signature' deafening sound :lol:
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Jasonmarie wrote: I would love a stainless exhaust like the CCI one
The CCI exhaust is a mild steel system, it is not stainless.
I do like the look of the black painted sysyem with chrome tips that the CCI/ Sportex systems have, and they do sound nice.
I notice that CCI can supply a twin exhaust system for the pinto.
http://capriclub.co.uk/Exhausts-Manifol ... win-system

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Yes dan I have the full CCI exhaust and the sound is just right but I wish I could have the same exhaust but made out of stainless , I was thinking about driving to Andy place (20s black Capri ) as he has had the standard system made up but he has kept to the original manifold and don’t get me wrong but he needs to as his car isn’t A1 and better then it left the showroom .

Sorry Andrew yes I meant just having the CCI system made in stainless , I do have the black bomb style with that Crome tip the same as yours but just one pipe .

Also in my mad mind I do fancy that twin system they do at CCI for the pinto but as Dan says the set up now is really good and sounds really nice .

There must be somebody on here who has the twin set up on a pinto and see what they think .

So Dan has got me thinking as if they rot from inside out and it’s our fault with the small amounts of miles we do and last about 5 years I don’t know if I should go stainless single exhaust or go for a full double bespoke twin exhaust .

There’s me thinking I was almost 100% complete on jobs and with a few weeks Iam spending mega bucks .........
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Haha it's always the way! I split an A4 page down the middle yesterday to make a list of things to do too each car, both are full top to bottom already and I've only managed to do three so far :crying:

It would be nice if someone just made an off the shelf stainless kit, it's quite annoying no one does, but then again no one seems to know that four cylinder capris existed at all! Especially judging by the conversations everyone always has anyways :lol:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Dan you have two and I only have one “ how do you do it “ yes your right get a A4 sheet and do the jobs list in away it’s good fun as you think I am near the end and bang 10 more jobs hit you .

But your right years ago you could get anything for a pinto engine and it’s getting harder now adays .

So Dan I am joining your quest for a good sound exhaust that could be twin or stainless that I hope is as good sound as my CCI exhaust that ticks the boxes but will get the rust worm to quick .