2.0 pinto engine for sale

Capri Parts For Sale and Wanted
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

2.0 pinto engine for sale

Post by Arya2.0S »

Fully running 2.0 pinto for sale. Runs fine, was in my own Capri until just recently and was running ok, only changed it because i wanted to upgrade to a reconditioned 205 block pinto.

This engine runs great, but does need new valve stem seals as there is a puff of blue smoke upon first start up. I'll be up front with you too, it probably needs a new set of rings because though it doesn't create smoke most of the time and is usually good as gold during normal driving conditions, if you get stuck in traffic for a long period or you just let the car sit and tick over and the engine gets too hot you will start to see a faint puff of blue smoke from the exhaust.
Theres definitely no water in the oil however, so it isnt a head gasket (and that would cause different coloured smoke anyway), so likely just needs new set of rings.
It doesn't burn or drink oil, doesn't go through coolant, doesn't leak oil on the floor either, and isn't overly tappety neither, infact its quieter than the new engine i just put in my Capri in that regard. :competitive:
Has had new core plugs relatively recently.
Has standard cam and pulley in it.

Apart from that i have run this engine for over 3 years and it has never let me down. As i said the slight puff of smoke issue has never impeded its reliability or performance and ive run this engine as a daily driver for over 3 years, and who knows how long it was run for before that without issue.

(needs new dizzy and sparkplugs as the ones on it are just scrap units used as a placeholder to prevent stuff getting into the internals, the working ones i removed to put on my 205 block)

£200, located Basildon Essex, cash on collection.

Leave a message or pm me if you have any questions/offers.
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Re: 2.0 pinto engine for sale

Post by Arya2.0S »

Sold.