Rubber Bushes

Capri Parts For Sale and Wanted
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Rubber Bushes

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
I'm having a clear out of my box of bits and came across these. I'm not sure what they fit, or even if they're to fit the Capri. They don't look familiar, but someone will identify them, I'm sure.
They are all unused in the original packet. If anyone wants them they can have them for the cost of postage, which will be £4.30.

The first ones are a pair of Motorsport rubber bushes part number TAS (TransAuto Sport)1054.
Inside diameter 24mm, outside diameter 40mm, width 35mm

There's 4 of the next ones, which are specially formulated nylon bushes, part number TAS0262. They look like the spring eye bushes but smaller.
ID 11mm, OD 39mm, width (pair) 57mm.

If anyone wants them they're yours for the cost of postage, PM me or reply here.

Andrew.
Last edited by Andrew 2.8i on Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Re: Rubber Bushes

Post by stevemarl »

The first ones look like inner TCA bushes, but 24mm ID is too big I think? (The 24mm ARB is narrower at the point where it enters the TCA bush sleeve, about 19mm or less?)

The second ones don`t look familiar at all

edit: sorry didn`t see the 2nd ones are nylon - so you`re prob right, they`re 1/2s of spring eye bushes. Too small for Capri though, IIRC?
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

stevemarl wrote:The first ones look like inner TCA bushes, but 24mm ID is too big I think? (The 24mm ARB is narrower at the point where it enters the TCA bush sleeve, about 19mm or less?)
Thanks Steve,
I've just double checked the measurements of the rubber bushes (top two photos).
The ID tapers to around 19mm in the centre where the groove is on the outside. These could be the correct bushes for the inner TCA as you say.

Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
I've also found a pair of Motorsport rubber bushes TAS1053 which are for the inner TCAs.
So, in conclusion, a full set of Capri TCA rubber bushes, inner and outer both sides, and the unknown fitment spring eye bushes for the cost of postage (£4.30).

Andrew.