Wanted - Dash Circuit Board

Capri Parts For Sale and Wanted
emily92
Car(s): Ford capri laser 2.0 daily driver.

Wanted - Dash Circuit Board

Post by emily92 »

Hey all, I'm looking for a working dash circuit board for a 6 dial dash if anyone has one available?
Ghia15
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1981 3.0 Ghia (Restoration Project), 1982 2.0's (Long term project), 1993 BMW E34 520i, 1999 Volvo V70 (Sold to the Parents)

Re: Wanted - Dash Circuit Board

Post by Ghia15 »

Hi Emily,

The one on my 2.0 failed so I re-wired it using some 5amp cable, a soldering iron and crimp connectors.

Took about an hour to do and has been great ever since.

Just a case of following the routing of the track and bridging between the two points with some wire.

Will see if I can dig out a photo or two for you to have a look ate.
Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

A circuit board will be quite fragile to remove, post and refit.
No guarantees it'll work.
If you want to consider taking a whole instrument panel (which will give you other spare bits too) then I have some here.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Out of interest Martin, how come you have 'some' instrument clusters? Are they just from jobs you have done over the years.
Ghia15
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1981 3.0 Ghia (Restoration Project), 1982 2.0's (Long term project), 1993 BMW E34 520i, 1999 Volvo V70 (Sold to the Parents)

Post by Ghia15 »

Sorry, Couldn't find a picture of the wiring I did to replace the original track circuit.

Well worth considering IMO but if you can get another good track then that's great.

All the best with getting it sorted.
Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

pbar wrote:Out of interest Martin, how come you have 'some' instrument clusters? Are they just from jobs you have done over the years.
Firstly, this was not a sales pitch, just trying to help.
Been into Capris since 1985. Went through a phase of buying up tatty ones, running them to and from work till they broke, then breaking them and using the bits to keep the next one running. (Kept the mileage down on my 2.8i). I've ended up with quite a few bits left
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Thanks for the reply Martin. I was just curious as it seemed like an unusual part to amass that's all. Thanks for the explanation.