Wanted ESRT 32 PS radio cassette

Capri Parts For Sale and Wanted
Jasonmarie
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
Admin Member for 11 years on the smaxownersclub

Wanted ESRT 32 PS radio cassette

Postby Jasonmarie » Tue May 16, 2017 1:04 am

Hello just checking if anybody has the ESRT 32 PS radio cassette that was fitted to the last capris for sale .
If not working Iam still interested as I may be able to get it fixed .

Many thanks
Jason

Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Wanted ESRT 32 PS radio cassette

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Tue May 16, 2017 6:54 pm

Jasonmarie

Postby Jasonmarie » Tue May 16, 2017 9:01 pm

Yes I have seen this and offed him a price , Iam sure there was a Capri business called ASJ back in the days and for £125 and no knobs and looks like the it's already been open up as the red wire screw is missing . Iam thinking it's had it .
A friend has said that I could get a DAB / Bluetooth hook up to fit inside and would still keep the original look and radio also it would let me hook a 4 speaker Amp hidden .

But there's a big But as yes there would be a iPod connection that I guess would come out in the glovebox but the display would be changed with two microphones in side somehow and at present it's not been done . As there is a system out there for classic cars but the microphones are out side in the door pillers , also I think it's mad money .

So I don't really want my radio used as a testing ground .

Thanks anyway Andrew for looking out for me I remember back in the days of everybody just throwing these in the garage for a CD player in the days . Also I had audioline speakers in the back that were bolted down in the original parcel shelf . What was I thinking .

Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Postby Peter-S » Tue May 16, 2017 11:42 pm

Jasonmarie wrote: Iam sure there was a Capri business called ASJ back in the days

I'm sure its the same guy.

These radio prices have got pretty high these days but that sounds a bit keen for a spares or repair unit.
ImageImageImage

Jasonmarie

Postby Jasonmarie » Wed May 17, 2017 10:50 am

Funny as they say you learn something everyday but grundic who made the radio for ford also made the same headunit for VW , Mercedes, Porsche here in Europe and the USA market also they updated the radio in 1991 with a upgrade but keeping the same look . It's called" Gründig WKC2837 VD Radio-cassette "
The guy who is going to fit this great new tec for me is a bit OCD when it comes to car radios and is getting me a more updated model .
Also he said that they go for $30 bucks in USA .
Got all this information in a email this morning so I guess some of you might already know this but I have not got a clue .

Picture

pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Postby pbar » Wed May 17, 2017 11:01 am

Interesting info. Do you happen to know if the upgraded/new ones will fit in the original sized Capri aperture?

Jasonmarie

Postby Jasonmarie » Wed May 17, 2017 11:51 am

It's the same just updated inside with a higher output .
When I get mine I will post a picture up with it fitted . I noticed that the old thing on eBay just sold for £125 .

Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Wed May 17, 2017 4:30 pm

Hi,
I hope you are able find a stereo.
I had the intention of doing the same as you are, as in getting modern internals fitted into the old unit. However, I hit a stumbling block as I never did find a non-working unit at a reasonable price.
I've seen them go for £60 before, but I'm surprised the Ebay one sold for as much as £125.

Andrew.

andyd
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4

Postby andyd » Wed May 17, 2017 4:35 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:I've seen them go for £60 before, but I'm surprised the Ebay one sold for as much as £125.

Andrew.

Plus £7.00 postage :spank: One born every minute.....

A17 LTF
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.1 pinto, Skoda Octavia Mk1 VRS

Postby A17 LTF » Wed May 17, 2017 5:23 pm

andyd wrote:
Andrew 2.8i wrote:I've seen them go for £60 before, but I'm surprised the Ebay one sold for as much as £125.

Andrew.

It cost me £11.00 to post the same cassette player this weekend to a freind to fix just so that it would definitely get there in safe hands.

andyd
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4

Postby andyd » Wed May 17, 2017 5:36 pm

A17 LTF wrote:
andyd wrote:

Andrew.

It cost me £11.00 to post the same cassette player this weekend to a freind to fix just so that it would definitely get there in safe hands.

£125 (Not that I would have asked half of that) for a broken unit, I would have posted it free....
£125 for a good working radio I wouldn't have such a problem with extra postage.

A17 LTF
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.1 pinto, Skoda Octavia Mk1 VRS

Postby A17 LTF » Wed May 17, 2017 6:20 pm

Plus £7.00 postage :spank: One born every minute.....[/quote]
It cost me £11.00 to post the same cassette player this weekend to a freind to fix just so that it would definitely get there in safe hands.[/quote]
£125 (Not that I would have asked half of that) for a broken unit, I would have posted it free....
£125 for a good working radio I wouldn't have such a problem with extra postage.[/quote]
I see what you are getting at now lol. Luckily we didnt pay that much for a broken unit. People trying to jump on the bandwagon these days.

Jasonmarie

Postby Jasonmarie » Wed May 17, 2017 7:37 pm

Iam like you all I guess as I don't want to butcher my working radio as they hard to get but this wiz kid has got one coming to me so I will keep you all posted .

That beaten up thing on eBay had no knobs and you could see somebody had it open .
The main thing is the faceplate as well .

pbar

Postby pbar » Thu May 18, 2017 6:29 am

Jasonmarie wrote:It's the same just updated inside with a higher output .
When I get mine I will post a picture up with it fitted . I noticed that the old thing on eBay just sold for £125 .

Sorry, reading through the replies I'm discombobulated now :) Have you found a replacement to the usual Capri stereo, which is easier and cheaper to source, which also happens to fit in the original aperture. Or are you having a Capri stereo converted with updated internals.

Jasonmarie

Postby Jasonmarie » Thu May 18, 2017 12:56 pm

Sorry Iam having a sourced updated 1992 I think sent to me what is the same grundig audio unit fitted in our capris .
And if Iam happy with that one I will send my original ford logo one to have converted with the other one as back up or send back the updated one to have converted .

It's just in case the bloke finds he can not fit all the stuff to the radio and then i would have know radio ,so Iam getting a back up just in case .

So far it's only cost me €30 bucks or £26 to find another unit and that's posted to the UK

So the friend of a friend who is a audio guru will fit all the Morden stuff to the headunit with Bluetooth , iPod connection & DAB radio what will be for me around £80 if that's goes wrong I don't need to pay .
But I know that you can just have a audio line for a ipod fitted and the prices are around £120-150 I think .

If all works out I have said to the guy that is it ok to give his address .

I must say I don't have a clue about car audio so Sorry if it sounds wrong and also I was worried that if I gave somebody a headunit that the radio works fine on and have just a hole left and all goes wrong or if it's lost in the post , I have my back up headunit

Will keep you all updated as we are all trying to keep or cars 100% and it's cost so much And with broken units being sold for £125 it's a mad world

Also any spelling mistakes it's my iPhone I should have got the bigger screen with my eyes . :cool:

pbar

Postby pbar » Fri May 19, 2017 6:18 am

Thanks for the explanation. Sounds like you have found a solution at a very reasonable cost. Hope it works out for you!

Return to “Parts For Sale/Wanted”