Replacing Type-F 4 speed Transmission, 2.0 Capri

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Re: Replacing Type-F 4 speed Transmission, 2.0 Capri

Post by Major_Tom » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:07 pm

That's the components I had to switch around with. Here is my modified crossmember for Type 3 / Type 9 and hopefully Type E boxes (not fitted my Type E yet though but should work with it). Plus the front half of the Type 3 propshaft

...I also needed a 20 spline friction plate with it, but as I mentioned the Type E should be the same as Type F (23 spline) so that's something.
I'm the one that leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.

mgsutton
Car(s): 1974 2.0 Capri Auto X car

Post by mgsutton » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:54 pm

Thanks for the pics. I am on the fence now between the Type E(Rocket) or a T 5. I did buy an aluminum 2.0 Pinto bell housing.
From there I think I will have to modify my cross member like you did. Next will be Slip Yolk. From there I can run my friends Rocket Trasmission he gave me. If I stick with the Rocket, I will need to buy the proper Gear Set from Burton.

mgsutton
Car(s): 1974 2.0 Capri Auto X car

Post by mgsutton » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:54 pm

Ok after counting the output shaft on the rocket has 25 splines! I also added a few other things so please disregard the first sheet as this is the most up to date one. I am doing this in hopes that if someone else out there wants to do a transmission swap they can make an educated decision😊

Attachments
Updated Type F vs Type E.JPG