Had a small problem today

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Had a small problem today

Post by Jasonmarie »

So took the Capri out today did some 80 miles today and 100 miles the other week and as always never missed a Heart beat , the petrol has been in the tank since October last year and I always store the car with a full tank .
So I filled up with super unleaded got out on the main road and the car started jumping , I dropped a gear and she was still jumping . I thought shit wrong fuel went around the round about say 1/2 a mile to give her another kick down and she seemed better with only a few jumps . So I took her up on the motorway for quick โ€œ Fast Tune โ€œ what sorted the problem as I had 15 miles of a perfect trip . So I guess it was only shit in the carb ......
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Lord Flasheart
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia

Re: Had a small problem today

Post by Lord Flasheart »

Hopefully its cleared itself.

Just a thought, how old are your fuel pipes ? Ethanol in fuel eats rubber pipes & we are going from E5 to E10 later this year. You can get E10 compatible pipes, just replaced all of mine as I had fuel pissing out of the fuel pump so did it all at the same time, even though they were all news 5 years ago
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

๐Ÿ˜† your a sick man Jason๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

I had all the fuel pipes done 2 years ago at Tickover to E5 pipes as I was worried about the age of them and Mr Pinto Nick had his done as it was a worry . I did check all around when parked up and all was ok . :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer: