Replacement heater motor

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
[email protected]
Car(s): 2.0 laser mk3

Replacement heater motor

Post by [email protected] »

Hi all. I replaced heater motor, installed a brand new one. Put wires on and it spun ok. Now I have put matrix back in you can't tell if the fan is spinning. Checked wires still attached but nothing Coming out of vents. Is it because I haven't topped up fluids yet?
Where have I gone wrong? Heat lever moves ok, but direction lever is very stiff. Disconnected hoses but still can't feel anything.

Ideas anyone?
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Re: Replacement heater motor

Post by Mc Tool »

Did you replace the old motor because it didnt work ? If you still have it ,might pay to hook it up to a battery and verify that it is actually crook . Maybe you have an issue getting power to the motor. Was the speed resistor ok ? I think that even if all the air hoses were blocked you'd still hear the motor if it was going . Stiff controls are something you should sort , sometimes all that is needed is a dribble of wd40 along the cable outer and the lever pivots . 😀
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
[email protected]

Hi, old motor was siezed up. I think one of the direction vanes may have misaligned when I put 2 halves back. But I should have air flowing in some direction.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

Stating the obvious, but if the 0ld motor was seized the fuse will have blown: have you checked fuse 5?
[email protected]

Will check fuses again