Carb Identification

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
sparks
Car(s): Ford Foucs 1.5 TDCi (Daily Driver)
Honda CBR 400 Import (Toy)
MK3 Capri 1.6 Laser (Restoration Project)

Carb Identification

Post by sparks »

Hey guys.

I am having trouble identifying this carb, its bolted to a manifold on my 205 2.0.
At first i though it must be a Weber 32/36.

But then i noticed the electric plug on the side of the carb? And i didnt think they had this?
Anyone have any ideas what its from? or what it is? I have no history on the engine so i dont know what it came out of.

https://imgur.com/OV892hi

Sorry about the terrible pictures. i forgot to take some photos and these are the best i can find in my project folder.

Cheers!

Tom.
Bug
Car(s): Some

Re: Carb Identification

Post by Bug »

If it's a 205 engine then is it from a Sierra?
In which case, is that Pierburg carb.
Very hard to tell from the dodgy photo I'm afraid.
sparks

Post by sparks »

I will have to get some better photos and hunt for some identification numbers!
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Your engine is a 205 block engine from a 2.0 Sierra or Granada. It is fitted with the Weber 30/34 Dfth which was the stock carb for these engines. They had an electric auto choke and had an electronic idle adjustment stepper motor which can be problematic and was driven by a small ecu sited in the engine bay near the distributor.

If it's giving you grief your best bet is to chuck it over the nearest hedge and fit a 32/36 dgv from an earlier model.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

Paul G wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:08 pm If it's giving you grief your best bet is to chuck it over the nearest hedge and fit a 32/36 dgv from an earlier model.
:agree:
sparks

Post by sparks »

Haha sounds for the best! Away with it!

Thanks for the info!
Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

Paul G wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:08 pm Your engine is a 205 block engine from a 2.0 Sierra or Granada. It is fitted with the Weber 30/34 Dfth which was the stock carb for these engines. They had an electric auto choke and had an electronic idle adjustment stepper motor which can be problematic and was driven by a small ecu sited in the engine bay near the distributor.

If it's giving you grief your best bet is to chuck it over the nearest hedge and fit a 32/36 dgv from an earlier model.
Excellent!
Yes, I was muddled up with the Pierburg carb that was on the 1800 Sierra. Not so fond memories of trying to set one up on my brother's car years ago.