Not a Capri

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Post Reply
User avatar
Major_Tom
Posts: 7648
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:21 am
Car(s): Hot 2.0S
Location: Cambridge

Not a Capri

Post by Major_Tom » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:37 am

..05 Fiat Panda 1.2

Speedo is all over the place and under reading. Is there anything else I should know before I order a new cable? Like do these cars still use cables etc :lol:

Thanks in advance!
I'm the one that leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.

User avatar
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1810
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:26 pm
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...
Location: South Bucks

Re: Not a Capri

Post by D366Y » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:01 pm

Burn it.

I had an 07 plate Panda for about 5 years and it tried to kill me on multiple occasions - it's an evil car at heart and nothing can change that so I had mine crushed :lol:

Good luck fixing it!
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:

Bug
Posts: 3322
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:52 pm
Car(s): Some

Re: Not a Capri

Post by Bug » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:02 pm

Major_Tom wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:37 am
..05 Fiat Panda 1.2

Speedo is all over the place and under reading. Is there anything else I should know before I order a new cable? Like do these cars still use cables etc :lol:

Thanks in advance!
Don't Panda to it's every whim!

To be honest Tom, I'm surprised you fit!

User avatar
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1810
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:26 pm
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...
Location: South Bucks

Re: Not a Capri

Post by D366Y » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:03 pm

Bug wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:02 pm
Major_Tom wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:37 am
..05 Fiat Panda 1.2

Speedo is all over the place and under reading. Is there anything else I should know before I order a new cable? Like do these cars still use cables etc :lol:

Thanks in advance!
Don't Panda to it's every whim!
:lol:

I also forgot to actually answer Tom's question:

Don't Know.
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:

User avatar
Major_Tom
Posts: 7648
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:21 am
Car(s): Hot 2.0S
Location: Cambridge

Re: Not a Capri

Post by Major_Tom » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:05 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm the one that leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.

Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1247
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 8:34 pm
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss
Location: Invercargill New Zealand

Re: Not a Capri

Post by Mc Tool » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:31 pm

Sounds like a sticky cable . Can you pull the inner cable out and grease it up a bit ,usually works . Dunno about panda's but some cars the cable outer can fry if to close to the exhaust and then its custard
you gotta make the most :cheers: :cigar: :burnout: out of your 20's, 30's, and 40's coz when you hit 50 the "engine check" light comes on. :?

Paul G
Posts: 1556
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:21 pm
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Fiesta mK2 pop plus, Skoda Octavia VRS,
Location: High Wycombe

Re: Not a Capri

Post by Paul G » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:50 am

That age I'm certain it would be an electronic speedo.

Bug
Posts: 3322
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:52 pm
Car(s): Some

Re: Not a Capri

Post by Bug » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:58 am

Paul G wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:50 am
That age I'm certain it would be an electronic speedo.
Maybe Tom just has a twitchy right leg :D

User avatar
Major_Tom
Posts: 7648
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:21 am
Car(s): Hot 2.0S
Location: Cambridge

Re: Not a Capri

Post by Major_Tom » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:20 am

It is indeed an electric speedo. All sorted now thanks gents.
I'm the one that leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.

Bug
Posts: 3322
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:52 pm
Car(s): Some

Re: Not a Capri

Post by Bug » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:28 pm

Major_Tom wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:20 am
It is indeed an electric speedo. All sorted now thanks gents.
And?
Don't leave us hanging! What fixed it?

User avatar
Major_Tom
Posts: 7648
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:21 am
Car(s): Hot 2.0S
Location: Cambridge

Re: Not a Capri

Post by Major_Tom » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:35 pm

Nothing did, it's not my car, I was just recommending something to a mate of mine :)
I'm the one that leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.

User avatar
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1810
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:26 pm
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...
Location: South Bucks

Re: Not a Capri

Post by D366Y » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:12 pm

Major_Tom wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:35 pm
Nothing did, it's not my car, I was just recommending something to a mate of mine :)
Did you take my advice and recommend he crush it? :lol:
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:

User avatar
Major_Tom
Posts: 7648
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:21 am
Car(s): Hot 2.0S
Location: Cambridge

Re: Not a Capri

Post by Major_Tom » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:41 am

D366Y wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:12 pm
Major_Tom wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:35 pm
Nothing did, it's not my car, I was just recommending something to a mate of mine :)
Did you take my advice and recommend he crush it? :lol:
It's a girl's first car, haven't got the heart to tell her to crush it :lol:
I'm the one that leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 13389
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Not a Capri

Post by Andrew 2.8i » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:55 am

Major_Tom wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:41 am
It's a girl's first car, haven't got the heart to tell her to crush it
She sounds like the sensitive type, you'd better not tell her Danny thinks she is a he...... :xd:

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
Major_Tom
Posts: 7648
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:21 am
Car(s): Hot 2.0S
Location: Cambridge

Re: Not a Capri

Post by Major_Tom » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:04 am

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:55 am
Major_Tom wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:41 am
It's a girl's first car, haven't got the heart to tell her to crush it
She sounds like the sensitive type, you'd better not tell her Danny thinks she is a he...... :xd:

Andrew.
Is there another type other than sensitive?
I'm the one that leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.

Bug
Posts: 3322
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:52 pm
Car(s): Some

Re: Not a Capri

Post by Bug » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:11 am

Major_Tom wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:04 am
Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:55 am
Major_Tom wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:41 am
It's a girl's first car, haven't got the heart to tell her to crush it
She sounds like the sensitive type, you'd better not tell her Danny thinks she is a he...... :xd:

Andrew.
Is there another type other than sensitive?
You obviously need to meet the current Mrs Wells! ;)

User avatar
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Posts: 1810
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:26 pm
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...
Location: South Bucks

Re: Not a Capri

Post by D366Y » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:31 am

Major_Tom wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:04 am
Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:55 am
Major_Tom wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:41 am
It's a girl's first car, haven't got the heart to tell her to crush it
She sounds like the sensitive type, you'd better not tell her Danny thinks she is a he...... :xd:

Andrew.
Is there another type other than sensitive?
I forgot I can't assume anyone's gender anymore upon pain of death :lol:
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:

User avatar
Major_Tom
Posts: 7648
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:21 am
Car(s): Hot 2.0S
Location: Cambridge

Re: Not a Capri

Post by Major_Tom » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:53 am

God that's disgraceful assumption assuming.
I'm the one that leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.

Post Reply