Rear side glass opener

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
ian_s
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6GL (restoration project)
Ford Capri 1.6 Laser (2000-2004)
Lexus gs300 daily driver

Rear side glass opener

Post by ian_s »

Can anyone tell me how to remove the rear openers from the glass? The opposite side to the image has very badly corroded and I would like to swap it out but i cannot see how to remove it from the glass.
Image One day she will be back in that field!!
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Re: Rear side glass opener

Post by Peter-S »

ian_s wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:52 pm Can anyone tell me how to remove the rear openers from the glass? The opposite side to the image has very badly corroded and I would like to swap it out but i cannot see how to remove it from the glass.
It unscrews Ian. You need to prise the cap off the outside as I recall and there is a screw underneath
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
ian_s
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6GL (restoration project)
Ford Capri 1.6 Laser (2000-2004)
Lexus gs300 daily driver

Re: Rear side glass opener

Post by ian_s »

Peter-S wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:10 pm
ian_s wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:52 pm Can anyone tell me how to remove the rear openers from the glass? The opposite side to the image has very badly corroded and I would like to swap it out but i cannot see how to remove it from the glass.
It unscrews Ian. You need to prise the cap off the outside as I recall and there is a screw underneath
Ah that's what I thought. My concern is that the other side looks like that cap has collapsed into what looks like an Allen key fitting which equally looks heavily corroded. I might have my work cut out trying not to break the glass
Image One day she will be back in that field!!