Recaro seat runners

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Mexico16
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.8

Recaro seat runners

Post by Mexico16 »

Has anybody ever experienced loose seat runners on recaro seats ? Any body repaired them , there seems excessive play in the runners but are bolted firmly to the car thanks
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Re: Recaro seat runners

Post by D366Y »

The recaro seats unlike the others have some brackets that bolt on to the bottom of the seat and connect to the runners that attach to the floor - have you checked these as well? Only other thing I can think of that would make the seats feel loose

Cheers
Danny
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Mexico16 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:38 pm Has anybody ever experienced loose seat runners on recaro seats ? Any body repaired them , there seems excessive play in the runners but are bolted firmly to the car thanks
Yes I've had this. The runner part that's bolted the floor opens out over the years allowing the seat to rock sideways. I took the runners off and compressed them a little in a vice to close them up again which seems to have helped.
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
SpaceHopper
Car(s): Ford Capri 1982 2.0 (65km only)

Post by SpaceHopper »

I took the runners off and compressed them a little in a vice to close them up again which seems to have helped.
I did the same thing with mine, the play was excessive and this fixed it.
markthetart
Car(s): 2.8i special nimbus grey

Post by markthetart »

if you look underneath as you rock the seats sideways you will see the floor bend. (iv rust free car floors are sound) THIS is the cause mainly i believe - im gonna fit some strengthening bars across the floor with longer bolts to reinforce the floor