Turbotail Spoiler

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Turbotail Spoiler

Post by D366Y »

Hi guys,

Bit of a random one! Was looking at trying to source a turbo tail for the S today and quickly found it's a bit of a nightmare and are no longer mass produced (as far as I can find) but have found someone who can produce fibreglass copies if they can borrow a car with an original one to make a mould from and check the fitment is correct etc.

My main question would be if there is actually any interest in it? If not I won't bother, but at the moment I've been told there'd need to be a minimum order of 10 before they'd consider it - just wanted to see if there is any interest and is it worth looking into any further or not??

Cheers
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Turbotail Spoiler

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Danny,
Didn't Arya2.0S have some made in fibreglass, if I remember correctly?

Andrew.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Hi Andrew,

I remember him saying he was planning on doing so but was all quiet last I checked...

I put a post out on facebook yesterday as well and it appears a few other people have had the same idea and are currently trying to create moulds to start producing so think I'll let them do the hard work and save myself the trouble!

Cheers
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Mines knackered, well the metall frame is rusted to bits ,the rubber is still ok ,thought about fibreglass .
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

D366Y wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:17 am I put a post out on facebook yesterday as well and it appears a few other people have had the same idea and are currently trying to create moulds to start producing so think I'll let them do the hard work and save myself the trouble!
Hi Danny,
That's probably just as well to let somebody else sort something out. What would happen if the potential buyers paid up front and the product wasn't a satisfactory standard? Who would be liable for refunds and/or compensation, you (the supplier) or the manufacturer? What's the legal position? There's more to consider than is first apparent and you potentially could be left out of pocket.
Mind you, if everybody thought like me nothing would ever get done!

Andrew.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:31 pm
D366Y wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:17 am I put a post out on facebook yesterday as well and it appears a few other people have had the same idea and are currently trying to create moulds to start producing so think I'll let them do the hard work and save myself the trouble!
Hi Danny,
That's probably just as well to let somebody else sort something out. What would happen if the potential buyers paid up front and the product wasn't a satisfactory standard? Who would be liable for refunds and/or compensation, you (the supplier) or the manufacturer? What's the legal position? There's more to consider than is first apparent and you potentially could be left out of pocket.
Mind you, if everybody thought like me nothing would ever get done!

Andrew.
Yeah the cash upfront would be my biggest worry - I've got better things to do and spend my money on rather than chasing people for cash or going through small claims court to get square - it's not worth the effort!

But like you said, everyone is bleating on about parts not being re-made and how we should be thankful for those who do etc.etc., and while it's not an essential part to get re-made it all has to start somewhere sometime!

Cheers
mgentry90
Car(s): Fiesta, laser ( under modification )

Post by mgentry90 »

If cci was selling these and enough people are willing to buy them again surely they would get a new batch sorted?
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

mgentry90 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:46 pm If cci was selling these and enough people are willing to buy them again surely they would get a new batch sorted?
Yes, assuming everyone that wanted one was willing to buy from CCI...…

Andrew.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:10 pm
mgentry90 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:46 pm If cci was selling these and enough people are willing to buy them again surely they would get a new batch sorted?
Yes, assuming everyone that wanted one was willing to buy from CCI...…

Andrew.
CCI stopped selling/making them a while back which is why I was looking into it