Pinto engine coolant hoses

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Pinto engine coolant hoses

Post by D366Y »

Hi all,

Trying to find the best/right way to sort out my cooling hoses on the cars and was wondering if some one had pictures of a standard engine bay with a 32/36 carb and manual choke? I currently have a mess of connections on the laser and am trying to get a proper kit sorted to solve the problem!

There are plenty of pictures of Nick's engine bay splattered across the internet and that has an auto-choke so will use that as a reference for the GL! ;)

Thanks
Danny
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Pinto engine coolant hoses

Post by Jasonmarie »

Here’s a old picture of mine dan if it helps .

Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Hi Dan

The only two hoses that you will have to change/get are the hose from the heater matrix up to where the auto-choke would be and then the one from the auto choke down to the inlet manifold. You will have to use a joiner piece between these two hoses which will sit behind the carb. I doubt anyone makes a single piece hose as the Capris were designed to have the two hoses.

If you would like I will take a picture of my 2.0S engine and post it for you to see.
Arnoldhar
Car(s): 2.0l mk3

Post by Arnoldhar »

Jason, while your stuck at home playing with pinto the sheep you could be cleaning that! :xd:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Arnoldhar wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:46 pm Jason, while your stuck at home playing with pinto the sheep you could be cleaning that! :xd:
It does look dirty but that was 3-4 years ago :lol: , hope you keeping well mate :beer:
Arnoldhar

Post by Arnoldhar »

Getting a little bored now, how about you?
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Jasonmarie wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:22 pm Here’s a old picture of mine dan if it helps .
Cheers Jason, is that a manual choke on yours? If so can you please take the air box off and show me where your join is??
Paul G wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:44 pm Hi Dan

The only two hoses that you will have to change/get are the hose from the heater matrix up to where the auto-choke would be and then the one from the auto choke down to the inlet manifold. You will have to use a joiner piece between these two hoses which will sit behind the carb. I doubt anyone makes a single piece hose as the Capris were designed to have the two hoses.

If you would like I will take a picture of my 2.0S engine and post it for you to see.
Thanks Paul, I did think this would be the case, I got a Samco hose set a while back but think I got an auto choke set rather than manual choke - just trying to figure out what set I should be buying to make sure I get it right basically! I have a joining section at the moment from the pipe from the heater matrix pipe that reaches to around the corner of the carb manifold and there's a join there that takes it around to the back of the carb manifold, just wanted to check that was correct really!

If your 2.0S is easy for you to get to I'd appreciate you taking a picture but if it's not sat on the drive don't worry.

Thanks
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Dan no mate it’s auto choke on mine . Nick has a manual choke now with them 45s .

Andy yes it’s going to long now .
Arnoldhar

Post by Arnoldhar »

Dan, all you need to do it link the 2 existing pipe that come from the bulkhead to the auto choke then from the choke to the manifold . i don't believe that they make a pipe for this in one section
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Arnoldhar wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:05 am Dan, all you need to do it link the 2 existing pipe that come from the bulkhead to the auto choke then from the choke to the manifold . i don't believe that they make a pipe for this in one section
Thanks, I did think so, mine are just bent and twisted all over the place so wanted a rough idea of what a normal one is meant to look like!

Cheers