New carpet

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
tazla
Car(s): Mk2 3.0s stardust silver

New carpet

Post by tazla »

Eyup were mk2 carpets in two halfs.the old one in mine is a full piece.and anyone had one of these cheers mel https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153438981315
tazla

Re: New carpet

Post by tazla »

Full piece one but well dear !
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163594535655
Arnoldhar
Car(s): 2.0l mk3

Post by Arnoldhar »

I think these are the first people to produce a moulded carpet, your right it’s not cheap but it should fit perfect for that money. All the other carpets that I have seen are stitched together and they are not the easiest to fit
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

S and base models were single piece carpet, Ghia and anything with a full length centre console was two piece.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Arnoldhar wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:14 pm I think these are the first people to produce a moulded carpet, your right it’s not cheap but it should fit perfect for that money. All the other carpets that I have seen are stitched together and they are not the easiest to fit
Looks to me like you still have to cut holes for the gear lever and handbrake, and maybe the seat mounts . Bloody expensive. I can get a nz made cut pile carpet for half that. I think the models with a centre console have the carpet split left and right and models without console are split front to rear . We ( me and the carpet guy ) did figure mk2 & 3 will interchange . Stichted carpets are better than moulded ( the moulded ones get a bit skinny in places ) if they are made properly. Dont buy loop pile carpet ,they run like a ladder in stockings real easy if you snag a loop.
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
tazla

Post by tazla »

So i need a one piece.just my fecking luck ! Il have a ring about before i buy.or shove a two piece in and let the next owner worry about it not being a one piece .
tazla

Post by tazla »

Capri club are similar price also

tazla

Post by tazla »

So the one piece on ebay is newton commersial one which i missed this post from a while ago on here .they do look the best quality
.viewtopic.php?f=14&t=51544
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

The 2 piece carpet that has a front and back halves ,the join is just forward of the rear seat mounts under the back of the front seat and thusly largely unseen . If it was a budget thing Id go for the cheaper 2 piece loop pile . Gotta say tho , them capri club ones do look real good .
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh