Oily Sparks

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Re: Oily Sparks

Post by D366Y »

Fair play to Burtons - even with everything happening they've still managed to get my order here in 48 hours!
Not had a chance to get a shiny new rocker cover yet so will have to stick with the one I have for now and give it a good look over and check it's all in good shape before I go putting it back on again.

Cheers!
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

D366Y wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:40 pm Fair play to Burtons - even with everything happening they've still managed to get my order here in 48 hours!
Well, the roads are empty :xd:
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Haha true!

I've decided to start throwing money at this by the looks of it...
My hoses don't match and it's annoying me :lol:

I purchased a load of Samco hoses before but I think I got the wrong set as there was one or two that I couldn't figure out where to put and guessed I'd got a set for an auto choke rather than manual choke but looking again (3years later :doh: ) I think it it may be something else...

Naturally I was drawn to this link
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Capri-1 ... IkCdCQ56qw

But in retrospect as my car was originally fitted with a VV carb should I be buying this set instead?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Capri-1-6-2- ... SwV0RXttDO

Bit of a loss really... the first one doesn't have the correct pipe to go over the top of my rocker cover into the carb by the VV one does, but then I'm not sure how it goes into the carb when at the moment I have the original black hose over the top of the rocker cover, into an elbow joint and then got a hose going round the side into the carb manifold...??

Cheers
Danny
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
D366Y
Donator
Donator
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Post by D366Y »

Changed my mind - have decided to give up instead
Spent the whole day yesterday stripping back the engine and took the manifold and loosened off the carb manifold so I could move it back and give myself some space to do the followers.

Then changed all the followers with new springs and checked my spray bar which was OK but I cleaned it up again and ran some compressed air through it so I know it's all cleared out.

Put everything back together again after 9 hours of tinkering and it barely turns, and makes some horrible noises when I try and turn it over.

I've accepted defeat and will tow it to a garage and they can deal with it instead