Caprigear Martin

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Caprigear Martin

Post by Major_Tom »

..you open for business mate? I need a few bits but cant get through on phone!
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Caprigear Martin

Post by andyd »

From Martin on Facebook;

Following on from last nights statement. There's no way that I consider myself a key worker so I will only be sending parts out in batches every few days or so while combining the journey to the workshop to do essential shopping. It is inevitable that deliveries will be delayed but this cannot be avoided.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

andyd wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:12 pm From Martin on Facebook;

Following on from last nights statement. There's no way that I consider myself a key worker so I will only be sending parts out in batches every few days or so while combining the journey to the workshop to do essential shopping. It is inevitable that deliveries will be delayed but this cannot be avoided.
I did see on Facebook a picture of Martin in nurses uniform that would make him a key worker I thought .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

What if someone needs a set of keys?
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Bug wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:05 pm

What if someone needs a set of keys?
What because of lock down..?
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Thanks by the way for the info.
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

Sorry folks, I haven't taken this decision lightly but in times like this priorities change significantly. I will try to combine mail orders with shopping for essentials etc but can't exactly tell you when. I will be monitoring the E Mails, facebook etc during the day so will be around for advice.
If we all use our common sense now then the sooner we can all get back to normal life ASAP.
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Thanks for the update Martin, dont have a facebook or anything you see. Wish you all the best, yes these are.. unique times. Since they said they were paying everyone's wages Ive known it was serious. When 'the man' doesnt collect his 30 pieces of silver...that's interesting. When 'the man' spends all his long accrued pieces of silver.... on the guys he's been taking it from... that is a more serious matter. Unique time in our life.

Sounds weird asking now, but it shouldnt.. Do you have nearside mk2 Capri bumper bracket? The long iron that screws into chassis rails.

And nearside inner light cluster. Is that the one that the earths run through? It got vandalised ages ago, smashed nearside lenses, and Ive been Chasing wierd electrical gremlins since, like press the brake and offside sidelight comes on... but the best one is, sometimes, with dipped beam on... the engine runs after you take the keys out. I dont mean runs on, I mean it just keeps running for a while. Oh and Im eating alternators.

Yeah sounds weird asking about normal things now but it shouldnt.. how much for those two things?
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

Tom.
It is a strange situation and as I'm self employed we seem to have been forgotten about so all the time I'm not working then I'm taking a hit but as I said earlier priorities change.

I thought you had a MK3? or do you also have a MK2.
As for your electrical issues, I would have a look at your rear light units, MK3 especially had problems if these were overtightened as there is an earth bar across the back of them and the units tended to crack causing all kinds of strange issues.
If you can confirm if it's MK3 or not then I'll get you prices.
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

It's a car, you're a person. People come first.. there is no time scale expected at all.

Yes its a Mk3, but has the mk2 bumper irons about 12 inches long with c-shaped leading ends like a witch's beckoning finger. Im sure theyre different from the Mk3 ones.

I bought a rear nearside light lense cluster from you about two years ago... I think? It was a good price and I replaced the old one, with a slight, tiny crack in it.. tiny tiny crack, hardly see it unless you were really up close.... and the next week someone smashed the cluster with something :lol: you have to laugh. But yes since then lots of electrical curiousities so will examine the earth strip and get back to you.

But yeah.. its basically a miracle we can do any of this really.
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

Tom.
I don't have the bumper iron, sorry. I do have the light unit.
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Caprigear wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:54 pm Tom.
I don't have the bumper iron, sorry. I do have the light unit.
No worries will have another go with the vice and hammer!

But yes that light unit would be great, how much do you want for that?
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

Tom
I've messaged you.
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Nice one thanks :)
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Caprigear wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:03 pm Tom
I've messaged you.
Parts arrived today, thanks a lot.

Where had that rear light cluster been living? My cat is had been sniffing it with great interest for ten minutes! Then I turned it over and she got another 10 out of it :lol: :lol:
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

I often get my brothers cat mooching around the workshop checking things out.
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Caprigear wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:20 pm I often get my brothers cat mooching around the workshop checking things out.
That was my second choice, after an illicit cat mint still. Well your brother's cat has a number 1 fan down here.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

We have 2 cats , they just cant not inspect anything new.
Curiosity killed the cat
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh