Tailgate Struts

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Dallas
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6 Laser. MG TF 135 BRG. MG ZT 190 V6. Dacia Sandero Stepway.

Tailgate Struts

Post by Dallas »

Hi there, Where is the best place to buy THE correct tailgate struts from, ones that are conductive and have the spade terminal connections.

The ones I have at present are the Nitro-lift brand, they are shorter than the original Ford struts and the ends keep coming off due to the thread being different.
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Re: Tailgate Struts

Post by Not_Anumber »

Find Capri-Jake. See the Capri parts for sale section on the other forum. He has been doing them for years. £ 20 a pair posted. Im pleased with the ones i bought from him.

I just sent £ 20 by Paypal to him jake.hall AT gmail.com (replace the AT with @ ) Use the gift option on Paypal, not goods or services. Include your name/address in the notes section.

When they arrive you need to swap the electrical connectors over from your old ones. This just needs the ends to be unscrewed, takes about 5 mins.