Polybushes

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Allan mcl
Car(s): Capri mk3 1600 laser,jaguar c.f., daily,Morris minor rarely, mini cooper.

Polybushes

Post by Allan mcl »

Thinking of polybushes for Capri, Does anyone know why they are different colours,is this for different ride stability, if so what is the best ones.
Thanks Allan
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Re: Polybushes

Post by Not_Anumber »

Not sure of the reason for the different colours, i think its just different manufacturers. Ive always gone for Superflex ones as I used them on kit cars with very good results. Many of the front ones on my capri were changed to poly bushes by a previous owner and Ive since changed the ones around the rear springs plus the rear anti roll bar clamp bushes the other year.

If your existing rubber bushes are in very good shape then its a harder decision but if they are slightly worn or sloppy I'd recommend taking the opportunity to replace them with decent poly bushes rather than the original Ford rubber items as they are far more precise than the originals and should last considerably longer. I think Martin can supply them, if not I know that CCI do.
Allan mcl
Car(s): Capri mk3 1600 laser,jaguar c.f., daily,Morris minor rarely, mini cooper.

Post by Allan mcl »

I replaced the rear ones last year with orange super flex ones and noticed a massive difference. So will probably change front ones as well. Don't know if they are worn as car has only done 53k but surely they must be starting to perish after all these years. Are they difficult to do.
Cheers Allan.
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

I am a stockist for Superflex, I stock the entire range for all MK1, MK2 and MK3 Capri.