Petrol/temperature gauge location

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
sierra3dr
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri Cabaret 1.6,Ford Cortina MK5,1992 Ford Sierra Coupe,1988 Ford Sierra Coupe.Ford Sierra XR4i

Petrol/temperature gauge location

Post by sierra3dr »

Probably it is just me, but I find the location of the the temperature and petrol gauge, not in the best position to view,due to the steering wheel and stalks. They should be to the left where the dimmer switch is.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Re: Petrol/temperature gauge location

Post by Mc Tool »

Is this your 1st Ford :xd:
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
sierra3dr
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri Cabaret 1.6,Ford Cortina MK5,1992 Ford Sierra Coupe,1988 Ford Sierra Coupe.Ford Sierra XR4i

Post by sierra3dr »

No, not quite. I've had Fords since 1997, why do you ask😁?
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

sierra3dr wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:20 pm Probably it is just me, but I find the location of the the temperature and petrol gauge, not in the best position to view,due to the steering wheel and stalks. They should be to the left where the dimmer switch is.
I'm pretty tall at 6'1 and have a standard steering wheel and don't find it too bad to see both sets of dials... when driving in a straight line :lol: but yep the oil pressure and ammeter do seem a bit easier to see....I think :lol: You got me wanting to go down and sit in mine tomorrow to check this now. The wife will think I have lost the plot !!!! Out of interest do you have a standard steering wheel as I previously had a smaller one fitted which really interfered with my view of the dials. But even with the standard wheel which has wide spokes it's never going to suit everyone. The RS wheel I believe has thinner spokes which might suit better. But the main thing is you can see over the bonnet :lol: :lol:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

sierra3dr wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:24 pm No, not quite. I've had Fords since 1997, why do you ask😁?
Oh nuttin really ,just I don't think ford had even heard of ergonomics when they made the Capri. My pet hate is that all the water ( when it rains) that sits on top of the driver's door seal falls on my right leg when I open the door......ha ,I just realised that ain't going to be an issue any more ...I had it chopped off on 19/11.....cept now it will land on the seat mmmm :banghead:
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh