Tuning

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Garym280
Car(s): Ford Capri mk1 2.0 got and Brookline’s 280

Tuning

Post by Garym280 »

Hi, I have just got my 2.0 mk1 on the road after 25 of non running, does anyone know of a good place to take it for a tune up/set up to get it running properly somewhere in the West Yorkshire area.
The engine is standard.
Thanks in advance Gary.
340truck
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Rat - GONE
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE
Only 2 Zetec SE Fezzas left now, 1.6 ghia gone. Mk 1 Focus replaces, sticking with 1.6 Zetec SE

Re: Tuning

Post by 340truck »

Do it yourself...it's fairly easy and all the info you need is on this forum. Whatever you do, don't take it to a "modern" garage, if they can't plug it into a laptop they won't know where to start.
Mr B
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Four 3 litre Capri's and 2 Mark 1 GXL's

Post by Mr B »

340truck wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:52 pm Do it yourself...it's fairly easy and all the info you need is on this forum. Whatever you do, don't take it to a "modern" garage, if they can't plug it into a laptop they won't know where to start.
:agree:
If an honest man is wrong and after demonstrating that he is wrong he either stops being wrong or stops being honest
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

Is it a Pinto or a V4 ?

There is a massive amount of knowledge on Pintos, just about every aspect of this engine is both well documented and discussed regularly on a number of forums so there is always someone to help
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

He may not wish to do it himself, might not have the time, knowledge, inclination, or just wants to drive and not tinker. All of which are fine of course.

Hopefully someone will be able to recommended a mechanic in West Yorkshire, which is the question which was asked.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

After a quick google this company comes up - says that they "have recently set up a mechanical workshop open to the public" what that means I have no idea - can you wander in and use their tools or will they just do it for you...??

Might be worth a call to ask

http://www.classicandsportscar.ltd.uk/
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

A Mk1 is that a V4 or Pinto?
Garym280
Car(s): Ford Capri mk1 2.0 got and Brookline’s 280

Post by Garym280 »

It is a pinto I am wanting to tune, thanks for reply’s, got in touch with a couple of rolling road tuners but they don’t want to know, I used to use Well Lane Turbos but I believe they are gone now.
I will check out classic and sports car, cheers.