Anyone do glamping

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
tazla
Car(s): Mk2 3.0s stardust silver

Anyone do glamping

Post by tazla »

Eyup guys the cappas on a 30 milish trip out to st ives ayr campsite we usually go glamping but thought we would rough it :roll: Image[/url[url=https://postimg.cc/1nMwPTMd]Image]Image camping this time just one night in my fishing bivvy ha .ont pi$$ tonight me and the enemy then pack up early tmorro.gives the car a drive out as well :D
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Anyone do glamping

Post by Jasonmarie »

Love it , your so lucky living down there as every drive must be like a postcard :cool:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Both the car and the view look great, Mel. I expect your car attracted a lot of attention and deservedly so.
I've actually stayed at that camping site, some years ago though.

Andrew.
tazla

Post by tazla »

Cheers chaps shes took a bit of interest haha.well im up and a bit rough .im going for some brekky and get off later today :drive: Image
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

And he's only sinkin Beck's......my fave . The only liquid passing my lips (on the way down )is either Beck's or moccona :cheers:
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
tazla

Post by tazla »

Haha ive done a few becks in recently . :cheers: no beers this affy.just a full breakie and a pasty :roll:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Down here we call that a 'full english' . Sausages, bacon, eggs (poached ,scrambled or fried ),hash browns, tomato and toast.....also known as a gut buster ,and is as close to a hangover cure as you can get (let the debate begin :boxing: ).
I haven't been camping for yonks , not since I got the hand brake.....I can't understand why bugs ,grass, cow shit and drunk boys don't appeal to her,.....fuckit ,I even caught her a eel once.......still not happy. I think what really did it was the time she fell asleep on a grassy bank and we quietly ( I'm surprised all the sniggering didn't wake her ) moved the whole camp a couple of hundred yards down stream.
Good times
tazla

Post by tazla »

Haha classic! Just got home fooked but i enjoyed it il unload all the gear tmorro .Imagea nice rum n coke is on the cards now then bed !
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Wow Mel. What a stunning Capri you have fella and what a beautiful part of the world too. Driving around there must be amazing. Glad you got back OK. A mazing how much stuff you can actually get into the back of a Capri!!
Great pictures by the way. Nice one mate :)
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Never camped, apart from a tent in a mates garden around 1982 :lol:

You picked a good weekend for it Mel :cheers: We were at Paignton Green on Sunday under a Gazebo :D

As Nick said, you can get quite alot in a Capri without the parcel shelf, but with the shelf in height is an issue :?

Car looks great :cool:
tazla

Post by tazla »

Cheers mine doesnt have a parcel shelf and i dont have the cover thingy something else i need :roll: id take the car when i go fishing but itl stink of fish so maybe not :drama:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

tazla wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:43 pm Cheers mine doesnt have a parcel shelf and i dont have the cover thingy something else i need :roll: id take the car when i go fishing but itl stink of fish so maybe not :drama:
Supposin' you actually catch something :xd: ha ha , if I was planning the fishin trip of a lifetime .....I wouldn't be goin to Blighty :lol: ......probly stay here......and spend the air fare on bait ( the fish here love Beck's, Benedictine ,and salami.......they don't like women, specially impatient ones ) :lol:

My parcel shelf was a bit damaged where the rear screen leaked on it(probly for years before I got it ) and I have a friend who made me one out of MDF (he's a cabinet maker ) . He has a machine that sprays that fluff stuff for the finish .......looks factory
tazla

Post by tazla »

You can shove some huge speakers in them parcel shelfs as well
Boom!
I rarely catch to be honest but it gets me out the way of shopping,jobs etc with the enemy