Laser Seat/ interior Fabric Production

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
jrooney1991
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6 Laser - Back on the road!

Laser Seat/ interior Fabric Production

Post by jrooney1991 »

Afternoon all!

Just putting the feelers out there, I have been talking to a company that apparently can replicate the laser Seat Fabric but they have to do a chunk of fabric or its prohibitively expensive!!

Would people be interested in this? Be great to try and work with the Capri club or others to produce replacement seat outers (like a few other classics have) but I'm probably dreaming out of my station there!!
James Roooooooooooooooooooney!

http://www.clappedouttoclassic.blogspot.co.uk

Have a quick look at my Capri's ongoing restoration! You might teach me something!
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Re: Laser Seat/ interior Fabric Production

Post by Peter-S »

I have a pretty decent full laser interior tucked away in the garage rafters. Don't want to split it but might sell the whole lot.
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
jrooney1991
Donator
Donator

Post by jrooney1991 »

Peter-S wrote:I have a pretty decent full laser interior tucked away in the garage rafters. Don't want to split it but might sell the whole lot.
You have my interest if you have a price in mind!

Have a quick look at my Capri's ongoing restoration! You might teach me something!
340truck
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Rat - GONE
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE
Only 2 Zetec SE Fezzas left now, 1.6 ghia gone. Mk 1 Focus replaces, sticking with 1.6 Zetec SE

Post by 340truck »

Skipped loads myself and seen others chucking away laser seats and door cards back in the day. No-one wanted them. Nowadays gen u win laser interior probably need a mortgage to buy.

Sometimes glad I don't play the capri game anymore
turbo-mike
Car(s): capri 2.8, focus van, st focus

Post by turbo-mike »

I can still get genuine ford laser material both seat and bolster so no need to get some made
Mike
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

turbo-mike wrote:I can still get genuine ford laser material both seat and bolster so no need to get some made
Mike
Hi Mike. Great to hear from you. Hope all is good :)
Wow ! Great you can still get original laser material. Did not know this was still possible. Can I just ask you please whether you can get Grey strobe material like in this pic ??? Think its called grey/silver ???

Imagecomerica bank atm
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

jrooney1991 wrote:
Peter-S wrote:I have a pretty decent full laser interior tucked away in the garage rafters. Don't want to split it but might sell the whole lot.
Hi,

I see Mike can get material so don't know if that is a cheaper option for you but I'm looking at £180

Peter
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
turbo-mike wrote:I can still get genuine ford laser material both seat and bolster so no need to get some made
Mike
Wow ! Great you can still get original laser material. Did not know this was still possible. Can I just ask you please whether you can get Grey strobe material like in this pic ??? Think its called grey/silver ???

Imagecomerica bank atm
Hi Nick,

Do you want the rear seat base that I've got in that material?
jrooney1991
Donator
Donator

Post by jrooney1991 »

Peter-S wrote:
jrooney1991 wrote:
Hi,

I see Mike can get material so don't know if that is a cheaper option for you but I'm looking at £180

Peter
Thanks Peter,

I'm going to see what Mike can do as it would be great to preserve my seats rather than see another set lost. However that's a pretty keen price so I'll let you know!

Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Peter-S wrote:Do you want the rear seat base that I've got in that material?
Hey Peter.

Thanks very much mate :) but its really the two front seats that i was looking at restoring as they have faded compared to the back seat and door cards. They have not faded that bad but at some stage i want to do something with them as i want to keep them being full 'S' seats.

Having said this...... :x ....the springs in my back seats do seem very 'soft' when i sit on them. Not sure if the springs are just worn or how firm they should actually be but i do sink right into them ?? If your seat base is a better one with good firmer springs and good materisl then yep l i would be intetested to buy it from you mate.

Dont suppose you have a picture by any chance Peter...or better still can you do a you tube video of you sitting on it so i can see how firm your rear springs are please :shock: :lol: :lol:

Only joking fella. Thank you very much for thinking of me. Really appreciate it.

All the best mate

Nick
turbo-mike
Car(s): capri 2.8, focus van, st focus

Post by turbo-mike »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Mike

Imagecomerica bank atm
Ok a bit of miss communication, I thought it was the laser interior cloth not the late S type called laser. I can get the plane cloth but the stripe has since run out.
Mike
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

turbo-mike wrote:Ok a bit of miss communication, I thought it was the laser interior cloth not the late S type called laser. I can get the plane cloth but the stripe has since run out.
Mike
Hi Mike. No miss communication mate. I just hijacked this thread to ask you about the availabilty of the strobe material. Sorry for the confusion !! The original poster "jrooney1991"was indeed asking you about the original laser material which you say you can still get. I just wanted to know if the strobe material was also still available. Shame its not. I will keep looking as its only the front seats I would need doing. Thanks Mike
340truck
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Rat - GONE
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE
Only 2 Zetec SE Fezzas left now, 1.6 ghia gone. Mk 1 Focus replaces, sticking with 1.6 Zetec SE

Post by 340truck »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
turbo-mike wrote:Ok a bit of miss communication, I thought it was the laser interior cloth not the late S type called laser. I can get the plane cloth but the stripe has since run out.
Mike
Hi Mike. No miss communication mate. I just hijacked this thread to ask you about the availabilty of the strobe material. Sorry for the confusion !! The original poster "jrooney1991"was indeed asking you about the original laser material which you say you can still get. I just wanted to know if the strobe material was also still available. Shame its not. I will keep looking as its only the front seats I would need doing. Thanks Mike
Get some of Mikes plain cloth, a ruler and some tipp-ex
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

340truck wrote:Get some of Mikes plain cloth, a ruler and some tipp-ex
:shock: ... :crying: ...:lol: :lol: Thanks Dave.....you rotter !! :lol: :lol:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

I will try and have a run up to that place near brands hatch and ask Nick as Andrew with the 2.0s used them and his seats are amazing :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
jrooney1991
Donator
Donator

Post by jrooney1991 »

Hi Mike,

I'm the original poster and am interested in getting my front laser seats done. I presume you are the man that can? Be great to get the car properly sorted and looking factory fresh. I've got a spare rear seat squab to nick material from as well if necessary and I can transport them to wherever you are?

Bigdek67
Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri 2.0 Laser, 2009 Mondeo TDCi 140, 2010 Focus Zetec
Absent Friends: 1979 1.6GL (FSS 280V), 1984 1.6 Laser (B375 DSE), 1984 1.6 Laser (B990 KRS)

Post by Bigdek67 »

Turbo-Mike, The drivers bolster on my laser is worn, just a ball park figure but how much would I be looking at to get a replacement panel ?
Lewglover
Car(s): Ford capri laser, mk2 fiesta turbo, mk1 fiesta xe

Post by Lewglover »

I'd be interested in some material as my fronts are in need of some work